The boys have arrived in the west

snowfarmer

Today we got a bit of a late start so took the suggestion of Iceman and ran the orange trails above La Sarre and we are very glad we did! Never have taken the time to do this because I'm always in a hurry to get to the next over night spot . We took the time to enjoy the area. The trails had about 3 inches of new snow and all was great . We then took the 93 over towards Amos and saw a bit more traffic. Took another orange towards Berry. This is a gem of a trail ! There is a campsite along the way which is a relay of sorts. It's called Domaine Du Lac Berry . Nice place and it had great poutine. Nice owners and they also have rooms avalible with meal package. Then took the 396 into Amos to the Hotel Eskers. Not has much traffic as I thought there would be. Snow is still low compared to most years . I saw warming hut and surprised to see it was on skis to be moved around . Ever time I've been to this hut you could step into it . This year it's a three foot steep up.

post-280-0-87054300-1454805649_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-60217400-1454805683_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-01504300-1454805928_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-59793600-1454806013_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-55251400-1454806048_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-93911100-1454806098_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-37597200-1454806121_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little picnic?! That's la grande buffet!

That snack box and pacman'ing those oranges reminded me of good times fo sho!

But we improvised with some NH snaussage on those cheesey buns we heisted from Bannik!...

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2902&hl=bingo#entry32966

Bon randonee!

We are back online after two great days of travel . We left Amos (-31' degrees ) and headed for Clova. We made sure we had a place to stay after calling a couple of places that were full up. The 93 started off great fresh groomed as we headed towards Senneterre. We got to the first warming hut and are fresh groomed trails ran out. The trails had a lot of traffic from the free weekend but the sun was shining so no complaints . The trails were well used all the way to Senneterre . We gased up got a bite to eat and headed towards Clova on the 83. We hit the jackpot it looked like the groomer had return that morning ! The 83 was suburb all the way to Clova( stopped , got gas and a drink at

Balbuzard hoping for a cancellation while we were there when we heard their menu for the night). We booked out of there to Clova to finish for the night. Had a nice chat with Dominic , got our bellys full watch a bit of the game and called it a night.

Today was not as cold so picture taking is a possibility . We hit the trail at 8 which also had just been fresh groomed last night! We took the Lepine road ( fresh groomed) to Le Pensive for gas and a drink. Headed towards Mount -Lauier . The trail after pensive was all groomed also. We crossed the river and headed towards Rabaska for lunch . The only crap trail was from the river to Rabaska due to plowed roads and logging. The trails around Mont Laurier are thin and hard but the groomer guys are doing a great job with what little they have. The trails seemed to have gotten all groomed after all the weekend traffic . We did a tour of the mountain and headed to our evening distination , Mekoos . We are all smiles after two great days on the trails .

post-280-0-90167000-1454977832_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-56470800-1454977970_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-51043000-1454978019_thumb.jpeg

Well we are on our final leg of a great trip. We left Mekoos on 53 south and it was fresh groomed and I have to say one of the nicest cruising trails I have been on in a while . The groomer guy is a master , it was double wide and no seam in the middle ! Pure grooming art. After 53 it was 322 to 13 to Mont - Laurier . These trails all had been recently groomed. Hard base with a inch of new snow. We continued on 13/63 and 322 to Grand Remous . All trails in great shape except 322 after the river crossing in Grand Remous to the Classic restaurant. It has been groomed but just needs more snow to fill in the low spots. Not to bad though. Got a bite to eat at the classic mounted up and headed out on 63 west . The trail from the Classic to La Domaine was also in great shape with a grooming probably in the last couple of days. Top up in La Domaine and gas attendant says trails should be good groomer passed by yesterday heading west. Sweet , the groomer gods are listening. It was great and where the groomer could he seemed to groom three pans wide ! Just a fantastic job! We rolled into the Pourvoir La Verendrye at 5 with 230 miles on for the day. A bit of news here and it might already be common knowledge but the La Verendrye has been sold and new owners take over April 1st. I guess they have big plans . They are going to expanded to 20 rooms and add a bar. Work to start in the spring.

post-280-0-83145800-1455059429_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-97146200-1455061016_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-13848800-1455061113_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-15480000-1455061215_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-88314000-1455061312_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-40069500-1455061384_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-19983600-1455061437_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-63634400-1455061750_thumb.jpeg

Edited by snowfarmer

Yup history indeed

Hit that corner myself but made through at warp speed, it was the bridge crossing that got me, was rougher than a teenagers pimple face.

Bent my tunnel and broke both aluminum rails and blew out the rear shock, wasn't ejected luckily but got to do the Blair Morgan Superman pose.

Edited by Trailblazer

David

Sorry our paths did not cross this trip. We left the Bannick after our 3 day stay exploring the lower reaches of Abitibi. Great stay. Food and accomo, outstanding! Left our rig there, will return in 8 days. We got out of Duhamel West early afternoon and buzzed up to VDO. Just checked-in at the Forestel. Will commence our loop with a spin up to Matagami tomorrow. It's snowed every day since we arrived here. All good. Great snow.

Hope to catch you next time. We're coming back up for 10 days at the end of the month.

Timbo

Go get it Timbo! Don't you just love the western PQ! My favorite area of the entire province to tour hands down.

I'm heading up that way 3 weeks from tomorrow for a 10 day ride. It's all coming together nicely now. Cold is in place & snow is accumulating.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Tom

Well the boys made it back to the truck and to Port Perry. The trail 63 east was suburb today! I not sure when it was last groomed but it didn't matter it had about 6 inches of new snow we pushed all the way back to La Bannik! This area is shaping up nicely so get out and ride it. From the pictures you can tell it has plenty of snow!

post-280-0-03845500-1455158682_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-37940400-1455158778_thumb.jpeg

post-280-0-22090100-1455159147_thumb.jpeg

David

Sorry our paths did not cross this trip. We left the Bannick after our 3 day stay exploring the lower reaches of Abitibi. Great stay. Food and accomo, outstanding! Left our rig there, will return in 8 days. We got out of Duhamel West early afternoon and buzzed up to VDO. Just checked-in at the Forestel. Will commence our loop with a spin up to Matagami tomorrow. It's snowed every day since we arrived here. All good. Great snow.

Hope to catch you next time. We're coming back up for 10 days at the end of the month.

Timbo

Sorry we missed you. Did you get to meet Luke the owner ? He is quite a guy. By the way our Intel through pictures and conversations with other sledders told us the east side down from Matagami is crap! Lots and lots brush . We saw pictures of a jungle last Friday ! They need a lot more snow to take care of that!

David

Saw your truck when we pulled out today. My RAM is/was two or three spots away. LOL. Luke is super good, fer sure! Thanks for the heads-up on the east trail down from Matagami.

Take care, amigo.

Timbo

Mebbee c u in a couple of weeks.

Go get it Timbo! Don't you just love the western PQ! My favorite area of the entire province to tour hands down.

I'm heading up that way 3 weeks from tomorrow for a 10 day ride. It's all coming together nicely now. Cold is in place & snow is accumulating.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Tom

Tom

We'll be stumbling around in the puckerbrush at that time. Mayhaps we will cross paths.

Timbo

Sorry we missed you. Did you get to meet Luke the owner ? He is quite a guy. By the way our Intel through pictures and conversations with other sledders told us the east side down from Matagami is crap! Lots and lots brush . We saw pictures of a jungle last Friday ! They need a lot more snow to take care of that!

Hi Snowfarmer.....great trip, reports, and pics.

Regarding the bold above.....assuming you're referring to the 396 connecting Matagami and 93?