North by Northwest - Season Ender 2016

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

295.6 miles is your daily average......and how old are you Tom? Doing a lot of Red Bull I see......

What a rip

Thanks for posting on the go and sharing your report and pics have a good summer and try to stay out of trouble.

JG

Tom,

Thats a heck of a nice run in 7 days!

Your stuck picture looks a nearly identical to the one from February 2006 near Gaspesiana ;<)

That's some funny sh*t there John! Was that when I decided it was time to run the road for the rest of the day? We had major snowfall the night before & it was a big NorEaster?

Those Yamapigs sink very nicely! They should only be as easy to dig out!

Tom, that's unbelievable! Nearly every sled in Canada was parked yesterday, and you tick off 427!!! What are you drinking tomorrow night, first ones on me!

Thanks for the offer Terry! Sorry we missed you all at the gathering last night. Really wanted to be there but was concerned with getting back down to the trucks in Shawinigan so we cut the trip short by 2 riding days. Enjoy the rest of your season. Next year we will meet for sure!

Tom

Snowman, thanks for extending my season with the story and great pics.

Hope you have a good off season.

Jeff and Sandy

Right back at you Jeff & Sandy! Thanks for all your posting of your trips which I enjoy tremendously! When this sport flows in your blood veins we need the fix of reading about others that are currently experiencing the real time high while we are at home, work etc...

Enjoy the next 3 beautiful seasons & until next time ride safe with whatever you're riding!

Best,

Tom

295.6 miles is your daily average......and how old are you Tom? Doing a lot of Red Bull I see......

What a rip

Thanks for posting on the go and sharing your report and pics have a good summer and try to stay out of trouble.

JG

Thanks JG. I'm still 18 years old on the inside! LOL. I need to join you for an ATV trip some time. Would be nice to see those areas when leaves are on the trees. Best of luck with your new sled. I sat on one at the dealer in Amos a few days ago. Snowman like!

Be safe & have fun!

Tom

All's well when it ends well! Glad to hear the details about your trip. Another epic adventure for sure.

Have a good off season Tom.

You are so right Ken. Getting home safe & sound is always the number one priority. We all know the dangers that this sport entails. Enjoy your last few days of riding & have a great summer.

Tom

What a trip! Late season riding can be great when everything falls in place. Keep those horses running.

Jack & Sandi

Hey Jack & Sandy,

Both sleds ran flawlessly for the entire trip. Quite amazing when you think back to sleds 20, 30, 40 years ago. Belts, plugs every 300 miles! Technology has brought us light years ahead. One can only imagine what sleds will do in 20-30 years!

Thanks for all your posting! We all love reading about your rides.

Best,

Tom

Half the fun of winter is reading everyone's trip stories. Yours, Tom, are always great.

mike

Thanks Mike aka King Mike! Was fun riding with you in January. Will do that again next year for sure! Did many people show up for the gathering in RDL last night?

I'm looking forward to flying up to Maine or New Brunswick for the summer gathering with 182Ray. He appointed me the ground crew personnel. LOL

Be safe & have fun.

Tom

Was great getting to spend time with you too, Tom.

Quite a few people I know were at the hotel this week. A few of us Quebecriders had dinner and drinks together Thursday night and are doing the same again tonight.

Valarie is off to Mexico so haven't seen her this week. Another bartender just returned from Nicaragua and another I think from Cuba. They get a good chuckle when I tell them I like vacationing in Quebec.

Was great getting to spend time with you too, Tom.

Quite a few people I know were at the hotel this week. A few of us Quebecriders had dinner and drinks together Thursday night and are doing the same again tonight.

Valarie is off to Mexico so haven't seen her this week. Another bartender just returned from Nicaragua and another I think from Cuba. They get a good chuckle when I tell them I like vacationing in Quebec.

I think Valerie went to Mexico with BJ! It's time for them to finally hook up. LOL

I'm looking forward to flying up to Maine or New Brunswick for the summer gathering with 182Ray. He appointed me the ground crew personnel. LOL

Be safe & have fun.

Tom

Summer Gathering........????

Keep me in the loop

I could write a book...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The bright morning sun was in my eyes! That was out east in the Gaspesie. I think we had just left the Caribou. 3rd time thru that 90* corner in 10 minutes & I still missed it big time. Looked for the smallest trees & let her go. Lucky day for sure. Pierre @ the Yamaha dealer in Mont Saint-Pierre worked until midnight taking parts off a new 2006 Apex GT from his showroom & installing them on my sled. Amazing service from an amazing man! NH Moose should have a picture of me getting off the bus in the darkness that evening! I was back in business for 7:00am the next morning.