2016-2017 Shawingan Snow Reports

iceman

16 February 

-1c 

snow all day yesterday and most of the night. Alot of hours of snow and we got about 4". Better than nothing or rain. Warm up coming. Should be just fine.

18 February 

6c 

warm today. Roads Melting off big with warm temps and sun is much higher. A reminder that, while there is for sure several weeks left to ride. It won't last forever. 

Tick Tock......

23 February 

6c  really ugly. Fog heavy rain showers and destruction. Seriously Melty. Gonna be a big blow.  Streams running in places and waterholes opening up. All the work of the Polar Vortex has been undone. Tough to see this being only the end if February. 

9 minutes ago, Ontariokid95 said:

Was thinking of staging in riviere matawin next Thursday and riding around the area for 3 days. Will this be do able? Thanks

Should be, is supposed to get colder at least by sunday,monday. It needs to or they won't groom. Needs to re freeze.

Edited by iceman

On 2/24/2017 at 0:16 AM, PLAYHARD said:

Rut ro. No likey snirty. Booked the Delta for day trips next week, but would greatly prefer launching from the Roq. We will see...

I would think once you get past the river in St Raymond you will be fine, they have alot of snow over that way this year.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:17 AM, PLAYHARD said:

Hey, sorry, I just can't "like" the snirt shot!  You understand!

Hi Playhard.  I'd lean towards the Roquemont.  The new bridge gets you across the water and you only have 10 miles before you start in elevation. The only caveat like Ice said, if its early in the week, the groomer may not make his Monday pass to L'Etape.  That would make a long bumpy ride.

Jack & Sandi

Thanks!  10-4!  The 23 all the way up from St Ray is a long-time fav, so is Roquemont.  

My 2 motor'vations to start in Bill's Paradise is that I've got 2 freshmen with me on this ride. So lots of miles & bumps could be tough on day-1. And if we launch from down south we still have to deal with whatever havoc next Wednesday's rain does on the way back down Thursday.

"Always an adventure!"

58b1b39ed528c_Wordstoliveby.thumb.jpg.9443ccd40e1543f0e9e37745ff318c09.jpg

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Thanks!  10-4!  The 23 all the way up from St Ray is a long-time fav, so is Roquemont.  

My 2 motor'vations to start in Bill's Paradise is that I've got 2 freshmen with me on this ride. So lots of miles & bumps could be tough on day-1. And if we launch from down south we still have to deal with whatever havoc next Wednesday's rain does on the way back down Thursday.

"Always an adventure!"

58b1b39ed528c_Wordstoliveby.thumb.jpg.9443ccd40e1543f0e9e37745ff318c09.jpg

Good thinkin.

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Momma always said, life was like a box of chocolates...

"You Never Know What You're Gonna Get"

That's the same as when you leave for a sled trip.