Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi Jean - Guy ,

the pics look awesome !!!!!! Thanks Buddy !!!!!!

thanks john !!

time to go to bed !!i have some volunteering to do later tonight !!ha!!ha!!

-20c right now !!

jean-guy :drinks:

went grooming tq 5 earlier this morning !!

awesome day for riding .-20c when i left at 3 45 am ,-1c when i came back around 1 15 pm .

andy,we had met a few years back,early morning with mubs at the high of the 4 th sleds !!

groomer !!!

Hi Jean-Guy...We are back from our trip...Things went well I will post elsewhere... looks like you have gotten lots of snow while we were gone...looks like we will be good in end of March...

One of your fellow groomers at intersection of 83 & 13...

Hi Jean-Guy...We are back from our trip...Things went well I will post elsewhere... looks like you have gotten lots of snow while we were gone...looks like we will be good in end of March...

One of your fellow groomers at intersection of 83 & 13...

hi phil!!

lots of snow since last week end!!another extra 4'' yesterday .0 c right now and grey sky !!

i m on my way to fix a little something on the machine ,then up to the clubhouse to see the ladies in albertville !! :lol::lol: :)

thanks for taking time to take the pics and posting it here !!

weather will decide,but right now ,should be no troubles to make it at the end of march !!

went to the clubhouse and while seating at the bar to talk with the waitress,suprise !!farmerold was there !!

talked a few mins.he was on his way to nb,using trail 587 !!

lots of tourists at the clubhouse !!finally,did nt get the chance to talk with the waitress ,she's been way too busy !!

great meeting you again farmerold !!

posted that pic ,about the same weather we are having right now,-2c and just started snowing.nothing dangerous yet !!

back on tq 5 later tonight!!with the mild temps ,i don t expect to see a nice trail !!

groomer !!!

groomed tq 5 earlier this morning !!it was snowing when i left at 2 30 am,-6c.6-7 '' of snow since saturday.great light all morning to take pics.

saw roughly 25-30 sleds,including 4 a$$h???s !!

-3c when i came back.blue sky right now !!

groomer !!!

Very Nice pics. Jean-Guy. !!!!

thanks john !!

wanted to take tons ,but i spent the day in a coma !!ha!ha!!great run ,but a long one !!12 hrs !!!fell asleep half an hr after i woke up !!ha!!ha!!''light '' has been great all morning !!just too bad !!

should nt groom til thursday ,time to rest !!colder ,-15c right now and blue sky !!

Hey Groomer-

We're coming back to ride in the Gaspe(Amqui)on 3/22-3/25 hoping the weather stays cooler-looks like a small warm up tomorrow-then back to cooler temps.

I would think with 4ft of snow-trail conditions should be good for this timeframe-will you still be grooming on a regular basis?

-Speedy

Hey Groomer-

We're coming back to ride in the Gaspe(Amqui)on 3/22-3/25 hoping the weather stays cooler-looks like a small warm up tomorrow-then back to cooler temps.

I would think with 4ft of snow-trail conditions should be good for this timeframe-will you still be grooming on a regular basis?

-Speedy

hi speedy !!

unless traffic is very low ,i should groom 2x a week !!at this time of the season,i might skip a local trail time to time .local trail,traffic is very low !!

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer, We're back home now from a very nice trip of about 2000 miles. I said I would try to sent you a pic of you at work. Hope it works .... Jeff & Sandy

hi jeff + sandy !!

big thank you for taking time to post the pic !!

well ,from your side ,looks like theres not much snow.looks like there was a lot more sitting in my ''office '' !!ha!!ha!!.the view is different !!

thanks again !!

back from grooming !!not the greatest ''ribbon ''.snow was ''stiff '' to cut.there was a lot of ''marbles '' on the trail.

slept only 2 hrs !!ha!!ha!!woke up at 11 hrs 27 mins last night !!started at 1 15 am. :(

on the way back,on that long straight few miles west of ste marguerite,at the bottom of the hill,met scorpionbowl and nh-moose !!

thanks for stopping !!awesome day for you to ride !!

ps:on their pics,you can see a few ''waves '' on the trail.it s not because i groomed the drag up in the air .the trail has been plowed a few weeks back and with the rain few days ago,did nt help !!

thanks for your understanding !!ha!ha!!

trail was still an 8-8.5 not to say 9 ,only a few bumps !!

groomer !!!

back from grooming !!not the greatest ''ribbon ''.snow was ''stiff '' to cut.there was a lot of ''marbles '' on the trail.

slept only 2 hrs !!ha!!ha!!woke up at 11 hrs 27 mins last night !!started at 1 15 am. :(

on the way back,on that long straight few miles west of ste marguerite,at the bottom of the hill,met scorpionbowl and nh-moose !!

thanks for stopping !!awesome day for you to ride !!

ps:on their pics,you can see a few ''waves '' on the trail.it s not because i groomed the drag up in the air .the trail has been plowed a few weeks back and with the rain few days ago,did nt help !!

thanks for your understanding !!ha!ha!!

trail was still an 8-8.5 not to say 9 ,only a few bumps !!

groomer !!!

Groomer

Trails look great-hoping they stay that way for our trip on 3/22

Speedy

Groomer

Trails look great-hoping they stay that way for our trip on 3/22

Speedy

hi speedy !!

not bad at all !!only in town,surprised me a lot last night.probably too many branches hangning over the trail.not critical yet,but better not rain too much.

better be careful with the drag.once you re outside town,waaaay better.looks like snowed 1 '' or 2 there,must be thursday night ,after the rain.

still great conditions for now !!no problems at all !!

on the pic,shortcut for albertville ,behind the machine on the right !!

sunny today and cold !!great day !!

groomer !!!

hi speedy !!

not bad at all !!only in town,surprised me a lot last night.probably too many branches hangning over the trail.not critical yet,but better not rain too much.

better be careful with the drag.once you re outside town,waaaay better.looks like snowed 1 '' or 2 there,must be thursday night ,after the rain.

still great conditions for now !!no problems at all !!

on the pic,shortcut for albertville ,behind the machine on the right !!

sunny today and cold !!great day !!

groomer !!!

Jean Guy,

Does look good, a bunch of us are also hoping for a March 21st trip around the gaspe. Hoping to leave out of RDL but looks like another heat wave the end of next week. May have to drive a little farther East. keep us in tune!

Edited by Jackstraw

hi jackstraw !!

don t worry ,i ll keep posting pics !!

nh-moose !!

like i said before,grooming, you must do sacrifices,dont see much friends in town during winter !!!keep most of my time for grooming !!

great talking to you !!don t forget to tell scorpionbowl that i took a little more than 5 picsha!!ha!!ha!!i was probably feeling asleep a bit.relaxing right now with a bit (ha!!ha!!) of vin rouge !!unable to sleep this afternoon !!

happy for you guys that trails were great !!

next weeks forecast looks good

Amqui+More info

Past 24 HoursRadar ImagerySatellite ImageryCurrent Conditions

-9 °C

Observed at: Amqui

Date: 5:00 PM EST Saturday 10 March 2012

Condition:Not observed

Pressure:103.0 kPa

Tendency:rising

Temperature:-9.1°C

Dewpoint:-19.4°C

Humidity:43 %

Wind:NNW 11 km/h

Wind Chill: -14

+More info

Text ForecastAir QualityUV ForecastForecast Tonight

-16°C

Sun

0°C

Mon

4°C

-5°C

Tue

-2°C

-6°C

Wed

-1°C

-5°C

Thu

4°C

-5°C

Fri

5°C

0°C

Issued : 3:45 PM EST Saturday 10 March 2012

TonightA few clouds. Increasing cloudiness overnight then periods of snow. Low minus 16. SundayPeriods of snow ending in the afternoon then cloudy. High zero. Sunday nightPartly cloudy. Low minus 5. MondaySunny. High plus 4. TuesdayPeriods of snow. Low minus 6. High minus 2. WednesdayPeriods of snow. Low minus 5. High minus 1. ThursdayA mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 5. High plus 4. FridayA mix of sun and cloud. Low zero. High plus 5.

hi all !!

just received an e mail from the wife of the mayor !!

t l r might be plowed this week for the windmills where tq 5 cross the t l r !!

roughly 2 miles east of the shortcut for albertville and about 4 miles west from the intersection of ste marguerite-causapscal-ste florence !!

there will be pré-stop and stop signs on both side of the t l r !!

merci !!

while seating at the table and talking with gade_guy ,guys from ontario arrived at the clubhouse.

one of them,chris ,maybe all of them recognize me from my posts and pics on qr.

thanks for stopping by and talking a bit !!