Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

went to check powerline along shortcut for clubhouse and logging road!!!

pic 1 and 2 ,half a mile lower from where i cross t l r ...the field just a bit ahead of my truck on the right side.....school bus is a 1/4 mile on the right...

the rest of pic from shortcut !!!

jean-guy

Hate to say it, but that doesn't look good!

bonjour linda !!!

yaa..scenery does nt look too good,but if you look at the trail ..not too bad....looks more dirty !!!

i know that president called the compagny who are doing the job with heavy machinery and since i ve been '' BOSSY '' lately ,looks like they have learned...if you look closely ,on one of the pics....they let forwarder and tree harvester next to t l r instead of using trail....

ps: i learned to be '' BOSSY '' from an old friend !!! :crazy:

-16c here..sunny and cloudy..i ll be on tq 5 tonight !!!

jean-guy

It seems to be working out for you JG

Nice shot above, blue jay days are my favorite

Ahhh but I am not 'old' lol

thx jg...about a mile before crossing main st in st marguerite ..old pic..

it worked to be '' BOSSY ''....great time for me !!!

sorry linda,i translated from '' quebecois '' ...i mixed old friend with long time friend !!! i owe you a glass of redwood for my mistake !!!

work great up to now smclelan....first run with it....fueled the machine at gas station and gave myself a nice swing going backward and turned the steering very quickly...no more '' figure skating ''

feel a lot safer now using streets in town now !!! money very well spent !!

big thx rmk !!! very appreciated !!!

sunny with a few clouds...-15c..

no pics from my run last night...tq 5 was a big mess!! have nt seen trail like that too often !!!

according to a friend,lots of sledders from nb and ns at clubhouse during week end !!!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy!

That picture is amazing! That is one of my favourites...no Redwood needed! I will take that picture as your apology for the age crack lol.

All good!!

I am going to the FRENCH river this week...I will think of you! ha!

Linda

hi linda !!

thx !! french river is that place with nice cable bridge..if yes,don t forget to take pics !!

hi whaler !!!

no problems for trail passes....you can send me all info by pm or i can give you my e mail adress ....still have enough time to send it express post !!!

thx !!

talked with a guy coming from new richmond yesterday morning...said trails were nice !!!

bit cloudy here,-18 c...

jean-guy

back from grooming tq 5 + 1 local trail at 1 30 am..

looks like there s been heavy traffic...clockwise...rough ...eastbound was nice !!!

started snowing around 10hrs 30 ...i was on top of the hill with antlers...

met 2 tourists around 9 pm ....first one was on a a/c....they went on groomed side !!!congrats to them ...they did nt bs it or snap the throttle......great riders !!!

not too cold and looks windy outside !!!

sorry ,not much imagination for pics..took them all at the same spot ...about half a mile lower than ''school bus ''

jean-guy

Looks like you are finally getting a big storm Jean-Guy - also lots of wind!

Same storm left about 25-30cm here in Vermont. Also windy like hell.

Very nice grips the mechanic added to the Gilbert tracks! Now you can go anywhere.

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Looks like you are finally getting a big storm Jean-Guy - also lots of wind!

Same storm left about 25-30cm here in Vermont. Also windy like hell.

Very nice grips the mechanic added to the Gilbert tracks! Now you can go anywhere.

hi vt blu !!

great to hear from you !!!went to bed at 4 am and it was already rock and roll !!!

just a quick check by window ,a good 6'' and still snowing strong and windy !!!they just said on the news ,it ll slow down this afternoon,but snow til tomorrow !!!

yaaa...very nice grip....very happy with them..work great !!! no more '' donuts '' !!! hahha!!!

might see the mechanic this afternoon...don t even know the cost !!!

jean-guy

hi whaler !!!

pm sent before i went grooming !!!

back at 3 am from an 11 hrs run !!!

up to 15 ''...windy and not too cold...a bit of freezing rain mixed with snow when i started !!!

no traffic at all...only 5 locals....

should have an inches tomorrow and sunday !!!

jean-guy

JG...love the wood pile pix so cool.

hi phil !!!

yaa...looks very peaceful..relax and quiet..

went grooming lake..st alexandre and lac saumon......lots of snow !!

back on tq 5 tomorrow...then a short break won t hurt !!

snowing lightly right now !!

on this post..like the pic of the '' love shack '' in st alexandre...hahhaha..about time to shovel the roof !!!

fyi...last night ...tq 5 + local trail..roughly 11 hrs of grooming...397.00$$ of fuel !!

jean-guy :drinks:

It is looking like the low snow areas are starting to fill in up there now!! Yes, the one with the little cabin is a nice picture.

However picture #3 it looks like the trail hasn't been groomed in a very long time...perhaps the operator has been hanging out at the clubhouse flirting with the waitress too much!?!? LOL

It is looking like the low snow areas are starting to fill in up there now!! Yes, the one with the little cabin is a nice picture.

However picture #3 it looks like the trail hasn't been groomed in a very long time...perhaps the operator has been hanging out at the clubhouse flirting with the waitress too much!?!? LOL

hi smclelan !!!

yaaa....about time !!! went to bed at 4 am..snowing lightly....now getting worse...windy.....already 3-4'' on ground !!!....-15c...

sorry ,i have nt seen waitress in a long time !!! called her yesterday !!!great snow last night..fun to groom !!!........but i rather groom with sur trac drag !!

that one..just like you carry too much ''dead snow ''.....hard times getting use to that !!!snow does nt '' travel '' well like the sur trac one !!

i groom lake once a week...for complains..call clubhouse !!! :crazy: ....ahahaha !!!

well, if i can say that ...if you want to enjoy your gaspesie trip...better wait a few days..thats tons of snow to pack and trails are very soft !!!

jean-guy

The picture of the machine through the snow covered branch is very nice.

thx !!!

at the lake near the ladder for fish !!!i bulldoze the drift there to give a chance to my friends...most of them are ''amateurs '' in deep snow !!!

just back from fueling and cleaning machine !!! well , might stay home tonight and wait for tomorrow morning!!!

few bad random pics !!

not much ladies walking in my street today !!! hahahaha!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

hi whaler and snowdogs !!!

no problems whaler...i ll wait for info !!!!always interesting to post pics in a thread... ''spice everything up !!

snowdogs !!!

well , i was kind of squeezed last night with time and weather!!...it has been a rock and roll week end!!!very windy!!...when there s drifts in town...not too nice up the hills...

i left at 9 30 pm and back at 7 20 am...in bed at 9 am...hahaa!! still windy !!

i was expecting bigger drifts..but only very small ones..but all the the time !!!

i read quickly few posts on french forum...some guys from mtl area are stuck in a motel in gaspé (city )....and another bunch in murdochville called the towing to bring back their stuff in st donat..s-e of rimouski !!!

groomer down in gaspé...guy said it ll take 2 days to groom tq 5 in that area..

groomer down between la cache and murdochville.....

saw a video of an avalanche yesterday near msp ..on road 132 ....5' of snow for 300'....

so, im not god...but for the next 2-3 days....hmmm better stay home !!! don t waste your money coming up here right now!!!

me and linda have a mutual friend ....looks like he s struggling somewhere around matane !!!

so, make sure you have good info about trails before coming.....

jean-guy