Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Jean-Guy!!!

Your pictures are amazing!! Love to see the snow and can't wait to get there!!

PLEASE>>>>Let me give you a proper helmet! Balaclava etc. You will end up with frostbite and infection!

Lindasledgirl

Nice ride Groomer, you on a Yamahhaha that's truly amazing, thanks for the pics starting to look real good for sledding hors piste now. You need a cagoule and a shield on that helmet bro, I got a couple spare at home I can send down to ya.

hi all !!!

thx ...great light all afternoon to take pics ,especially before sunset !! just too bad, can t be everywhere at the same time !!

thanks for the concern about helmet......very appreciated.....but im use to ride like !!! last time i wore a full face ..back in 83 !! i feel '' squeezed '' and out breath....so ...i like open face helmet !!

my 2 winters with challenge kanada...14 000 km ....i probably rode 12 000 km shield up !!!

i don t ride much....most of you ride more miles in 2-3 days than me in all winter !!!

conditions were great !!! that rain from last week helped a lot for base !!!

linda....found the balaclava on the couch on my way back......hahaa!!!

btw...on the other post...pic 3 ...just on the left side of jean....where you had seen your moose while 4w !!!

jg....like that little sled...especially in narrow trails ....

the sad part....like those 2 polaris guys at the gathering ( if you remember ) ...a yamaha in in front of my property....my camp is losing value !!! ahahhah !!!

hope dad won t spank me for riding a yamaha on my next visit to amqui !!! hahhahha !!!

seriously...great little sled !!! very agile !!!

-17c and sunny this morning !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hey J-G,

That's a great way to clear away all the debris to make way for the new building!

Good ingenuity!

Tom

hi tom !!

yaa..great way to clean up !!!within 2 hrs ,nothing left..logs were so dry !!

my dad had built it in 62 or 63 ....i go there since the age of 3 !!

jean-guy

Wow. That is some history for you with that land! It's in your blood now.

oh ya , lots of history !!

back in the old days...dad was parking car 2 miles from camp....then he had to walk about a quarter mile on the other side of brook to reach for jeep...he was letting jeep next to road...

so ,he had to cross brook back with jeep ,put stuff in and go to camp !!the jeep was spending the whole summer and autumn there...just like i do do with my 4w.

there was not much room in the jeep....land rover..a short one....so ,we had to walk ....hhaha...

i remember ,i was maybe 5-6-7 y/o ...the spare tire was on the hood of jeep..my dad was sitting me right in the rim ...it was a very slow trail .....going 5 mph max......

i ve seen tons of trails there helping dad ...

back then my dad had a cabin at the lake ,so we were nt using much camp...only for moose hunting...there was no z e c back then..it was a private club !!!

great memories !!

jean-guy

Memories you will never forget Sound like a great way to grow up

Memories you will never forget Sound like a great way to grow up

hi schooter !!!

sure !! learned a lots of thing being at camp!! back then ,there was no clear cuts...only the road,the width of a jeep for 2 miles. and lots of trails..

friends of my dad were living outside town ,so we had to help dad preparing moose hunting !!

this is where i learned to walk with a compass....not for long ...1x i went to walk between trees..it was supposed to be a 20-30 mins walk ...took 3.5 hrs to get out of there..never touched a compass again...hahhahaha !!

that trail you see below brook was a trail for lumberjacks and horses back in the old days....about 2.5 miles from camp..there was an old wagon with spokes in wood...when i was young i used to walk that trail ..about 3 miles long..

there was a dam 7-8 miles higher on the brook to float woods early spring...thats why there s a lot of room on the side of brook...they were cutting trees near by and during spring time , go for brook then causapscal river !!still remember when they were floating wood behind house...

jean-guy

Jean-guy,

When I was young, We were able to play in the orchards 1 - 2 miles away from my house would leave in the morning and would not come back till dark.

Not something I would let my kids growing up do. Even though I live on the other side of where the orchards WERE, it's all homes now.

In the tiered orchards is where we would also ride snowmobile, Since they were on the hillside ther were alot of banked corners. Many happy hours there.

Now, It is getting very difficult to ride from home.

Schooter

hi schooter and linda !!!

thx for info schooter !! i started riding just next to my street at the age of 4...there s only houses on one side of street,so lots of room to ride !!!

my first ride alone by the age of 12 i guess !!

linda......my nephew took those pics maybe 10 / 12 years ago...look beside road before camp...clear cut is '' brand new ''....no trees.

back then ,we had a lot of '' budget ''....if you have nt noticed...there s a bridge by the brook on one of the pics.

if this can put a big smile on your face...you can see clearly where i was stuck with my 4w !!!

few old pics from the late 80's ......hahaha !!!

jean-guy

Unreal Jean-Guy! Pic 2 is amazing!! Now that is some deep pow-pow!!!!

hi tom !!!

to be honest..i was a bit sideways !!!...but there was still a lots of snow !!

few old pics from around 87-88 i guess...

pic 1and 2 ....probably second or third week of april !!! went to camp first ,pic 2 .....turned around and went by swamp...thats why you see a bit of ''grass '' !!!

jean-guy

Wow!! Great pictures and nice sled! Yes I see where "Miller Towing" had to do a rescue for sure! lol

And what a small beard you have monsieur lol

Keep digging, we are loving all these pictures!

L

Wow!! Great pictures and nice sled! Yes I see where "Miller Towing" had to do a rescue for sure! lol

And what a small beard you have monsieur lol

Keep digging, we are loving all these pictures!

L

hi linda !!

just by hazard, found those a few mins ago !!! pic 2 and 3 ...at the bridge over causapscal river on the way up to lake !!

if you look closely , back in the old days there was a house about 50' in front of the car......it was the clubhouse of our snomobile club back in the 70's...remember very well going there !!

and the last one...what a surprise !!! pic of my dad on the right !!! look at the '' up to date '' snowmobile suit !!! priceless !!! hahaha !!

looking at the black '' spot '' on the headlight of sled......not 100% sure....could be 68 !!!

awesome morning to take pics !!!

jean-guy