Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

snowing heavy right now....but turning to freezing rain....

still -10 c...

took the pic in front of mill yesterday...fields in the pic...next to matapedia river..shortcut for clubhouse

!!!

jean-guy

Hi Groomer,

We had rain again down here Sat and Sun. Lost a bunch of snow but still have a good base. Looks like you got some ice but also have a good amount of snow. Planning a trip up your way and will be in touch. Glad to see you're back in the seat!

Groominfool

Hi Groomer,

We had rain again down here Sat and Sun. Lost a bunch of snow but still have a good base. Looks like you got some ice but also have a good amount of snow. Planning a trip up your way and will be in touch. Glad to see you're back in the seat!

Groominfool

hi gf !!

great to hear from you !!!

all ice here !! very sad !! amount of snow too a little '' dive ''...but base still great from what i saw today!!

might be very icy in town because lots of branches over trail !!!

don t like that at all.i must use a back road to connect with tq 5 on my way to st fidele cb, right in town...very slippery and '' rock'n roll '' !!!

hi to all !!!

pics...near farm.....

jean-guy

Hi jg long time no pics? You ok there ?

hi artsled !!!

yaa..ok !!!..very strange season here !!snowed for the first time since many days yesterday ...trails are hard like cement...

so,about 2'' of fresh snow yesterday ,but wet.....only -1c....i avoid grooming in conditions like that ..not funny at all.....had met a director in the morning and said tq 5 was nice !!! i was ready to go ,i had fueled machine in the morning !!

-4c right now and grey sky !!!

jean-guy

hi all !!!

back from grooming at 1 am !!!

a bit of fresh snow...2-3'' from the week end !!! a good gaspesian storm won t hurt !!!

not much rough !!!little avalanche before arriving to cb along river !!!

-4c when i left and - 10c right now !!!

snowing like hell on my way back between 90' corner and long hill east of ste marguerite !!!

jean-guy

Great pictures Jean-Guy!!!

I am happy to see you are out grooming!!

Linda

bonjour linda !!!

great to be back on trails....you can t imagine '' WE '' groomer operators endure to make nice trails for you !!! ahahahahaha !!!

blue sky day here with few clouds...looks windy !!!

cold temps are back ...-16c !!!

jean-guy

hi !!!

just to let you know that tq 5 has plowed on both side of 90' corner !!!.....for about 3 miles...

west side of 90' corner is narrow with snow banks.....watch yourself in case of heavy machinery on trail...

looks like they are doing '' spacing ''..

plowed from the '' old cord of woods '' to where plow truck turn around !!!

jean-guy

bonjour linda !!!

great to be back on trails....you can t imagine '' WE '' groomer operators endure to make nice trails for you !!! ahahahahaha !!!

jean-guy

Haha. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back!! You have only groomed a couple times this year!!!!! I was beginning to think the couch was permanently attached to your back!!

Haha. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back!! You have only groomed a couple times this year!!!!! I was beginning to think the couch was permanently attached to your back!!

woooooooooooo!!!

sorry if i m late to reply , i was busy last night grooming to satisfied the snowmobiling community of my area !!

well , you need to read between lines...i did nt write it to swell up my head in any ways...i wrote '''hahhaa '' meaning that i was teasing or joking !!!

better not wait for for the federation or some other associations related to sledding to thank '' US '' groomer operators....after almost 14 years of grooming ,looks like WE do not exist !!!only members here on qr and few other places on the net to thank me for my hard work !!!

my wallet is not thick enough and i can t enjoy to ride on my trails and i don t the privilege to have a sled for free ( sponsor ) during winter !!!

season 13 /14 is very rough between the 2 ears!! low snow....rain ...ice....people complain for no reasons...they should learn a few basics about grooming , then complain...i could save tons!!!

i got mad lately ...about 3-4x....and its not my personnality !!!...all related to grooming !!

last night went grooming st alexandre and the local trail for ste marguerite....sledders complained a lot ,so, club decided to groom that trail...it was like driving the ''camille-marcoux '' on a rough sea between matane and bc!! super slow and super bumpy!!!

and yes...shi??y winter up to now and very tough on my patience !!!looks like more a '' sunday ride '' than a grooming run !!!

jean-guy

Yes, Hang in there, I was a groomer driver until this year now I just repair the machines for our club, so many people want to know why the trails aren't groomed when we only have ice, dirt and 3 inches of powder snow. Some people just don't get it. Hope to see you this winter as we are finally going to make our Gaspe trip (I hope) at the end of February. Those of us that understand what it takes to do what you do appreciate it very much. Mark

Hello Groomer

We will be coming up for a 4 day run in March.

We should be 10 sleds.

Hope to bring the group by to say hello?

Please keep the reports coming in as I enjoy reading them and seeing the pictures!

Cheers

The Whaler!

thx for comments guys !!!...back from st alexandre around 9 30 pm...bad luck still '' stick '' to me !!

few pics from the last few runs !!!

conditions are way better since monday night.....snowed sunday and monday ...roughly 12-15'' and has been cold all week to groom..

i ll be on tq 5 tomorrow night !!!

jean-guy

Climbing trees to get the shots, not even disturbing the "trail-chicken", and STILL no visible footprints, amazing.

Dude, WHAT made those white-tiger stripes?

I hope your luck is nothing but good, and thanks for making everyone who rides your trails have THE BEST luck!

A bunch of us should be by in early March to say hi.

Climbing trees to get the shots, not even disturbing the "trail-chicken", and STILL no visible footprints, amazing.

Dude, WHAT made those white-tiger stripes?

I hope your luck is nothing but good, and thanks for making everyone who rides your trails have THE BEST luck!

A bunch of us should be by in early March to say hi.

hi playhard !!!

thx...

the partridge was paralyzed on trail or frozen......i pushed her with my foot not to crush her...only her wings moved a bit...she could nt take off !!

the stripes comes from drag....especially the back end of pan....when there s too much snow to pack ...with a steep angle of the drag...looks like the weight of drag is all at the end of pan...so,its like the pan have a fraction of seconds to '' sink '' in the trail...depending how fast you re going !!!thats why it makes ''waves ''......

forgot to tell whaler...i should have visit around march 8 th...need to verify ....could be gone for a few days....i ll come back later about that...

the partridge on this post ,went to lac saumon and on my way back up the long hill,that partridge was sleeping under the snow on my way down...she did nt make it !!!

jean-guy

went grooming tq 5 last night.....another surprise !!!

trail has been plowed for an extra 3 miles.....so,must be close to 6 miles of plowed trail...

from the ''old cord of woods '' before 90 ' corner to almost top of the hill before going for the hill with antlers...

then about 2 miles east of truck logging road ( t l r )...hydro quebec are working to build a new power line..so,there s tree harvester in that area.plowed for a mile..

jean-guy

"the partridge on this post ,went to lac saumon and on my way back up the long hill,that partridge was sleeping under the snow on my way down...she did nt make it !!! jean-guy"

I have an excellent recipe, with a black cherry sauce! Mmm...

"the partridge on this post ,went to lac saumon and on my way back up the long hill,that partridge was sleeping under the snow on my way down...she did nt make it !!! jean-guy

"

I have an excellent recipe, with a black cherry sauce! Mmm...

hmmmmmmmmmm...no thx !! i don t eat meat coming from woods!!!

last time....beaver...back in the mid 80's !!

jean-guy