Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Cool old stuff JG... I always liked the Ski Doo that had the black dot on cowl.

Remember how bad they handled? Drive to a corner get off lift rear around and drive to next corner...

Cool old stuff JG... I always liked the Ski Doo that had the black dot on cowl.

Remember how bad they handled? Drive to a corner get off lift rear around and drive to next corner...

hi phil !!

thx !!.....black dot ..it was giving the sled a '' factory '' look !!!...haahah !!

they had kind of a '' o ring '' in the front of skis where you had to put your hands to pull them out of snow when stuck !!

reminds me also ,the blizzard 775 with chromed skis...hahahaha !!! it was the '' bomb '' back then !!

and yes i remember !!! they were handling like an old farm tractor without suspension and power steering !!jumping from right to left all the time!!

just too bad..we had tons of '' slides '' at home but not much pics !!!

pics from this morning ,took a walk by the river !!!

-26c last night and up to -14c around 7 30 am !!!

jean-guy

Spectacular pictures today Jean-Guy!! Love the mood and the colours!

I see you put a blower on the truck! Steven and Andy will be looking for you for sure!! haha!

linda

hello linda and pipeman !!!

thx !!!

well ....the last 8-10 days have been very stressing !!!

i should start grooming tomorrow for the lake or thursday !!

then tq 5 !!!

about 14 '' of snow since saturday morning !! snowing lightly right now !!! abit of freezing rain last night !!!

btw.....club received their new groomer last week.....prinoth...was at clubhouse last night ...but no camera !!!

merry christamas to all !!!

HO !!! ho !!! hO !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Groomer...

As the "Official Photographer" of the Gaspesie there is no excuse for forgetting the camera!

I am surprised this happened....but I am sure you will return very soon with photos of the new groomer!

Are you going to be running the new groomer?

Groomer...

As the "Official Photographer" of the Gaspesie there is no excuse for forgetting the camera!

I am surprised this happened....but I am sure you will return very soon with photos of the new groomer!

Are you going to be running the new groomer?

hi mcstar !!

oh !! excuse me !!! hahha !! you re absolutely right !! no excuses for that !!

honestly it did nt happen since i have a camera....might take some next week end !!

the prinoth will stay in albertville and i ll keep the gilbert !!! '' big o ''......o ...for orange !!!

sur trac is up for sale !!!....old br has been sold to a guy who do maintenance on windmills in the area !!

joyeux noel a vous !!!

jean-guy

i forgot, tomorrow morning after the cows will be milked....i ll be very happy to have some help to split some woods !!

not sure if i have the right words...but it ll be on a '' volunteering basis '' !!!

don t forget your lunch !!! ahahahahhaha !!! :tease:

thx !!!

hello linda and pipeman !!!

thx !!!

well ....the last 8-10 days have been very stressing !!!

i should start grooming tomorrow for the lake or thursday !!

then tq 5 !!!

about 14 '' of snow since saturday morning !! snowing lightly right now !!! abit of freezing rain last night !!!

btw.....club received their new groomer last week.....prinoth...was at clubhouse last night ...but no camera !!!

merry christamas to all !!!

HO !!! ho !!! hO !!!

Heh JG will this be your first time out grooming this season? If so..........

Has there been any grooming by other operators yet this season?

hi all !!!

smclean

you re bad !!!....ahahhaha !!!

pipeman and trailblazer !!!

they started grooming 2 saturday ago....well, the day i was supposed to start grooming...the director who was supposed to bring me up to albertville decided to try it..

there s been a bit of confusion ,so ,we had a meeting last monday at clubhouse for operators.....so,...i spoke up and fixed the problem !!!

i spoke up....don t '' gauge '' yourself on my speech at the gathering !!! hahaha !!

ready to go soon !!!

took all pics last night between 5 and 7 pm !!!

"Groomer has a brand new ride"! Isn't there a song about that!

Great pictures Jean-Guy!!

If you hear of anyone heading in from the west...let me know. I am getting the "Gaspesian Flu"!!

Linda

thx all !!!

great to post new grooming pics !!

crazysnow !!

feel great to be in the gilbert !!! saw 2 deers just outside town ..but no pics and it surprised me, not much moose tracks on my way up to lake !!!great night to take pics...

linda and mikerider !!!

yaa... first run !!!

new machine for me...but club bought it 3 years ago !! i have about 125 hrs of grooming on that one!!

feel more secure in deep snow than sur trac .....but don t like much drag...sur trac one is waaaaaay ahead !!just like grooming with an old spring bed !!

''bull '' works great compared to sur trac..

if i had to trust one of the 2 tractors...i ll put my trust / faith on the sur trac one...too much electronic on the gilbert...sometimes feel like driving a robot !!

yaaa...faster than sur trac because more hp....100 versus 135 hp.....saving time , a lot , going long up hills !!....and keeping a ''comfortable '' speed for grooming !!

faster in deep snow...can stop almost everywhere going up hills without scratching your head if you re going to ''sink '' in the trail on the re-start !!

great traction !!!...just can t find the word...going up hill at a certain point depending of the speed....looks like the tracks are ''over turning ''....close to spinning ...must be very careful with that..

i was climbing looooooooooooong hill last night by road 132 in lac saumon and came very close to spin tracks and lose all traction...not much snow there under trees !!

visibility of the rear window is cheap / poor !!!

it was -27 c when i came back....light snow right now and - 20c !!!

jean-guy

hi jg !!!

big thx !!

time to take a nap..i just realized that im posting at the wrong place !!

don t have much choice to do a nice job.....some '' customers '' are really good to critic the quality of the trails !!

snowing very lightly and a bit windy !!!

jean-guy