Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

AWESOME Groomer! Thanks for what you do for us!

hi shane !!!

great thx !!!

very appreciated specially when snow is low....tougher between the 2 ears !!!

2-3 '' of fresh snow this morning...still snowing lightly....- 15 c !!!

btw...3 posts ago i think...that bunch of sleds in the darkness...same place where we met...except they are going the other way !!!

jean-guy

Nice! I will remember that first meeting for many years to come! We are looking at going somewhere this week, leaving Tuesday, riding Wednesday, Thursday and maybe Friday morning. Because of limited time (I need to be back Friday night because my wife has to go to Boston on Saturday), do you have any suggestions for someplace that isn't more than 6 hours or so from Albany, NY?

If needed I guess we would come to Causapscal because we LOVE the area as well as La Coulee Douce, but it's a lonnnnng drive. Anyplace closer (further west) that I has really good conditions?

Thanks Groomer!

Nice! I will remember that first meeting for many years to come! We are looking at going somewhere this week, leaving Tuesday, riding Wednesday, Thursday and maybe Friday morning. Because of limited time (I need to be back Friday night because my wife has to go to Boston on Saturday), do you have any suggestions for someplace that isn't more than 6 hours or so from Albany, NY?

If needed I guess we would come to Causapscal because we LOVE the area as well as La Coulee Douce, but it's a lonnnnng drive. Anyplace closer (further west) that I has really good conditions?

Thanks Groomer!

hi shane !!!

thats a 100.00$$ question !!!...maybe 2 !!!

from what i ve read in the last 2 weeks on french forum.......many had to trailer outside some towns to start their rides.....because it was too thin or no snow at all to go to motels or restaurants.....like lsj...charlevoix...i guess that storm will help ...

yesterday ....there was 2 guys from l isle verte...just east of rdl....at the clubhouse..no snow in the fields there or way too thin to ride...

just read on french forum.......7-8 '' for la tuque and lac edouard area.....5 '' for rimouski ...big snow flakes here right now..must be close to 6''..

coming here for you ...too long drive for only 3 days of riding !!!

i ll keep an eye on french forum to see whats happening......

Ca.geoview.info

jean-guy

bienvenue shane !!!

just a mini update !!! was supposed to groom tq 5 !!! super windy here!!!...i ll wait tomorrow !!!

no ladies walking on my street today !!!...hahaha

-14 c...sunny with big clouds !!!

jean-guy

Thanks for all the updates JG! It looks like winter is here!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

hi tom !!!

bienvenue !!!

temps are dropping ...- 18 c now !!!still windy !!!

she better not leave my house like that...she won t make it to my brother's house a few hundred away!!! not the best ''suit '' for the gaspesie right now !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

hi tom !!!

bienvenue !!!

temps are dropping ...- 18 c now !!!still windy !!!

she better not leave my house like that...she won t make it to my brother's house a few hundred away!!! not the best ''suit '' for the gaspesie right now !!!

jean-guy

If she looked like that she would never get out the door of your house!!! The trails would be rough!!

hi smclelan !!!

hahahhahaa....you re up for a vacation !!!....too much imagination !!!

- 22 c right now...just checked outside...still windy ...moon is dirty !!!

few pics before darkness !!!

jean-guy

just a quick note !!!...i m very tired !!!

for those expecting to come in the valley via cross point in the days to come...

bad news...i hit the bridge this afternoon !!!

sorry !!!

jean-guy

Great Pics, JG. I especially like the last one with the lights behind the fog coming up off the river!

See you soon.

timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

merci !!!

back around 8 pm from an 11 hrs run !!! great day ...except for the bridge !!!...hahhaha !!!

trails are getting way better !!!

tons of moose tracks...saw one on my way back !!!

-24c and windy a bit on top of hills !!!

another 10 hrs tomorrow ..local trails !!!

see you soon !!!

jean-guy

Beauuuuutiful trails JG keep up the good work

-28°C in MTL this morning brrrrrr got another 4"s of snow yesterday.....the fluffy stuff, it's statrting to look good now. After this week of being in the -20's the lake behind my house should be good to go.

hi all !!!

good for you jg !!!

went grooming 2 local trails...lac saumon for the first time...looks like guys won t plow trail for st alexandre...so ,it ll be like last season...from road for lake casault toward st alexandre..plowed for 2 miles..

i ll be back later tonight to show you something......supper is almost ready !!!

if you expect to come in the gaspesie...don t waste your time looking for your swimsuit ...- 34 c when i woke up this morning and right now...- 31 c....saw only 1 sled today !!!

trails are so hard...you could land a cargo plane full of '' rouge '' !!!!...ahahahhaha

jean-guy

so ...we are connected now with amqui..trail has been changed on amqui side.....we are using the trail for lac saumon to connect ....no more downtown st alexandre !!!

p-1....amqui trail is right over the lake..coming from the left ....i come down from top of pic !!

you can see the barn for horses...

p -2 ...you can see the exit in the field...intersection is 400' from there !!!

p-3....the intersection ....right at the bottom of hill !!!

p-4..machine + intersection..im coming back from lac saumon !!!

p-5...intersection at the bottom of hill and you can see the barn on top of right track !!!

jean-guy

Looks like things are shaping up nicely, JG.

best

timbo

bonjour timbo !!!

yaa...not bad at all !!! could be worse but very happy with what we have !!!

temps are warming up ...- 20c....snowing very lightly !!..enough to lube the slides !!!

last pic......logging road....ste marguerite...2 miles on the left.........tq 5 cross logging road about 6 miles lower !!!

jean-guy

The pics are awesome and encouraging as always!

When do you think the club will be able to flip the bridge back over so it is useable?? haha.

hi nshm !!!

hahaha...thx !!!

well...i still have time to find a solution...i ll be back there sunday night or early monday morning ...i did nt advise president about that yet !!!..haha!!

just in case..if you re coming from cross point ..go behind warming hut and snap throttlle for 2'' ...you ll be on my side quickly ...

if you re on my side and want to cross the river for the cross point side.....just follow where i back up the drag just next to river...go there ..and braaaaaaaaaaaapp !!!...haaha

just back from a '' tour de ville ''.....great weather...- 16c ... i expect some ladies to walk back in my street by tomorrow...hahha !!!

jean-guy

hi all !!!

back from grooming...lazy run !!!

stopped at cb for a shot of coffee and at logging road on my way back...few pics at cb behind church and duck along river in town...

poor visibility...grey and white everywhere.....perfect day to spend at the ballet !!!

-10c and very light snow !!!

jean-guy

Nice pictures Jean-Guy!!

The deer look warm! Not the duck lol

Thanks for always keeping us up to date on the conditions!

Linda