Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

thanks gt rider !!

should be no problems to go through the traffic jam , i have the skill to ride it !!! ha !!! ha !! there was 3 at 100 ' from the camp when i left earlier this morning .

well it has been a very bad week ,cloudy,rainy and foggy and way too warm since monday i think.mooses don t walk at all ,they re stalled in deep forest and stay there.no tracks at all , only wednesday morning ,walked half a mile toward the camp.

i did nt ride the 4 wheelers much yet ,it s bow hunting here and it ll end next sunday.so , i stay on my territory not to bother the hunters .there s hunters all around my territory .next monday i ll use it a lot more .

because of the bad weather i took only 3 pics since tuesday.

groomer !!!

hi longriderss !!

thanks !! samething for you ,congrats for the new sled !!! i ll be waiting for you next winter !!

the bird ,here we call them ''swamp partridge '' , but i know there s a better word in english ,just can t remember ????

ya ,still have the same camera ,just too bad !!!! ha !! ha !!!

the little bull ,last saturday morning at 8 12 am.wow !! he was far ,about 800 ' ,tried to get closer ,but the road was rocky and too much noise .saturday has been the best morning so far since i m at the camp, there was tracks of female and calf also.

sh&&?%% weather since 8 - 10 days.i might have to go to rimouski today ,hope not ,back at the camp tonight .

forgot , we installed an electric water pump last sunday ,works great !!! i ll be back next friday...........ha !! ha !!!

groomer !!!

hi longriderss !!

not exactly sure about the word ''roughing '' .well , we have a brand new shower since last year ,only the system to bring the water to the shower still ''primitive '' a little bit for now.we need to find something to heat the water .will work on it later.

i don t mind at all ,i m not the kind of person who need ''luxury '' ,specially in the woods ......ha !! ha !! ha !!

pics : we rode with smclelan on that road last year .bulldozer was about 1 miles in front .clearcut was on the right.

groomer !!!

now , that s a real gaspesian traffic jam !!!ha !! ha !!

i was going up hill ,saw the first one in the middle of the road ,then the one coming from the left ,bull coming from the right ,then the female .when i stopped the 4 w ,i began walking toward them ,there was another one on my left ,could hear the trees cracking and bing !! bang !! ,probably the ''dominator ''.

at one time the re was 4 bulls + 1 female on the road.so ,there was 6 .

the night before i had seen 1 female with a calf + 2 females almost at the same place .i cheated a little bit ,this is on the territory of the neighbors.very quiet at my camp ,saw a female earlier this morning before coming back in town.

enjoy the pics !!

groomer !!!

first nice sunrise since i m at the camp.it was foggy and it give a great effect.last wednesday morning.samething for the mooses pics.

it has been sunny for 3 hrs ,then back to clouds.

groomer !!! :drinks:

first nice sunrise since i m at the camp.it was foggy and it give a great effect.last wednesday morning.samething for the mooses pics.

it has been sunny for 3 hrs ,then back to clouds.

Groomer, its always great to look at all your great pics I check them out all the time keep up the good work. :good:

hi crazysnow !!

thank you very much !! well ,when i ''minded '' to take pics ,i can take a few good ones .my best hobby !!

all pics this morning ,first nice morning since last wednesday .very windy last week end.

little bull ,i walked a few hundred feet to get closer .on the other pics ,there was 5 ,1 bull with 4 females.i wanted to get closer ,but there was 2 elderly persons looking at them too ,so i did nt want to ''bs '' them.talked with them and they had seen 16 in a bout 4 miles.

back to the camp this afternoon ,i realized that our clearcuts are getting too old ,very quiet at the camp.took all the pics on the territory of the neighbors ,just next to us.

smclean and longriderss ,pics with 5 mooses ,same clearcut where the bulldozer was last year.

thank you very much longriderss !!

here s a few of the same female last wednesday morning .not too far from the bulldozer was.saw her about a quarter in front of me ,went closer and stopped at 200 ' and began to walk toward her.she was nt shy at all.looked at her for 15 mins went to turn around and she jumped back on the road on my way back.

yesterday ,i brought a friend close to his camp with my 4 w because he did nt know all the shortcuts near my camp .on my way back i could see that mount white on park matane had snow and many mountains in the gaspesie park .

-10 c at the camp this morning ,should be back there around 1 pm for 7-8 days straight .

looks like friends will have to work very hard ,very quiet at the camp .one female this morning .

groomer !!!

back to civilisation !!

came back from the camp around noon.friends left yesterday morning.saw the bull this morning at 7 55 am while taking my coffee ,150 ' from the camp .

friends ended up with 2 females.my nephew , last sunday morning and friend tuesday morning.

groomer !!

back to civilisation !!

came back from the camp around noon.friends left yesterday morning.saw the bull this morning at 7 55 am while taking my coffee ,150 ' from the camp .

friends ended up with 2 females.my nephew , last sunday morning and friend tuesday morning.

groomer !!

i see snowwww haha

ha !! ha !! ha !!

hi doorider !!

pics with the snow ,last wednesday morning while retrieving the moose to the road.if you look at the second pic ,moose was where there s yellow trees.1800' to 2000 ' to go to the road.just saw a reportage from chicoutimi and trees are all white there and still snowing .

samething here ,snow started to ''stick '' in the branches .

groomer !!!

hi longriderss !!

finally here but i dont think it ll last for long .should be around 9 c sunday.friend of mine went up to the lake this morning ,depending of the places there s 4 to 6 '' of snow.

pics of the bull ,about 2 weeks ago .went to see a friend with my 4 w ,left at 5 20 pm to give me enough light to go back to the camp to see mooses.about 800 ' from the camp of my friend ,i was turning a right hand side curve ,bull was on the inside too ,put the brakes ,bull made a u-turn and went on the left side of the road in the woods.

turned around to advise my friends,when i came back on the road ,he was already back too.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

whooooooooooopss !! made a little mistake on the other post.all the mooses this afternoon while doing firewoods at my camp .just too bad ,last 3 pics i was against the light .saw 6 within half a mile .

groomer !!!

took a 70 miles ride this afternoon on the z e c .

just too bad.saw the 2 little bulls less than a hundred feet from me .they were head to head ,fighting friendly.when they saw me ,they just ran.

went to the camp of my boss ,geeeez ,there was no more bridge and i hate to double back.stopped by the camp of a friend to take a pic of the ''totem ''.

longriderss and smclelan ,you should recognize most of the places on the pics.

sad week end tho.19 years ago ,right on this week end ,there was an awesome storm.lasted 2.5-3 days .3' of snow .

we still on grass *&%$%& !!!!! :cray:

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

took a 60 miles ride with my 4 wheelers this afternoon.coldest day since a long time.a bit of snow on mount white (park matane ) and mount logan (gaspesie park)

the 2 pics with the 4 w .found that place while riding .wow !! nice place for mooses.theres mooses trails everywhere .

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

woke up at 4 am to do a moose run.i should have stayed in bed !! ha !! ha !!hard to tell about the weather when it s darkness.it was already cloudy when i left and once on the truck logging road,wind began to blow .not the greatest conditons to see mooses.saw only 2 in about a 100 miles.

pic 7 is mount nicol albert(left ) on park matane .trail 595 is right at the bottom .just too bad ,light was very poor .just to give you an idea ,i was roughly 20-25 miles west of the faribault ,the 2 grand camps on trail 595 ,north of la cache .awesome view up the mountains !! :wacko: :wacko:

groomer !!!