Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

trailblazer !!

went to see my brother in law and the name of the guy is bertrand poulin !

groomer !!!

Thanks Groomer

Would you or your brother-in-law happen to know if Bertrand is still participating in some shape or form with the snowmobile clubs?

Nice pics groomer,keep'm coming. You da best. :drinks:

JG

hi rigmey !!

thanks !!

read a few posts this week on the french forum .looks like the south side of the gaspesie is very poor .a guy from bonaventure said it rained or ''grizzle '' last week for 2 days and they had lost most of their snow .

this morning a guy from pabos ( chandler )wrote that they were still on grass!!

can t remember where i saw that ,matane area ( tq 5 ) was partially groomed ,last week .

right now here ,its snowing lightly .from what i ve read ,from here to rimouski and maybe more west ,it s rideable ,but don t expect february conditions .

must go to the clubhouse !!

groomer !!!

met smclelan and his friend rick at the clubhouse around 11 am.they were on their way to ste anne des monts using local trails .

coldsmoke, this can give you an idea ,earlier this morning guys from houlton ,maine signed the guestbook .it was written 270 miles ,so this can give you an idea from where they left ???did nt see those guys .

about 2 '' of fresh snow right now and still snowing .i should be on tq 5 early tuesday morning.must go back to albertville tomorrow to fix a few little things on the machine .

smclelan said from cross point to the st fidele cb, it was groomed .

-4 c and should be colder by tuesday .

groomer !!!

went grooming tq 5 instead of going up to albertville .about 8-12 '' .snow was like sand ,probably because of all the freezing rain last night .very heavy to groom .

conditions are a lot better .just need cold temps.sky has been dark and grey most of the day .saw the sun for the first time since 7-8 days for about 1 hrs.

saw 5 sleds . - 2 c here right now .guy from albertville was up early this morning .

groomer !!!

can t remember if i talked about that .DON T PUT TRAIL 587 IN YOUR ITINERARY FOR NOW.

somewhere between albertville and l ascension,st alexis ,st francois ,they are going to build wind mills .they must change the circuit .

groomer !!!

first mooses of the year !!

i wanted to go toward la cache using the truck logging road ,but i did nt know that ,at miles 33 there was no more plowing .

at least , i saw 6 mooses.

groomer !!!

thanks t b !!

well ,woke up at 3 am to groom tq 5 .checked by the window ,it was windy .ready to go at 4 am ,once outside ,geez i noticed the sound of water coming from the roof .

geez ,rained last night ,snow was wet .so i went back to bed .

just read on the french forum ,a guy from north-eastern nb ,said it rained a lot there .

windy right now and 0 c.

groomer !!!

well ,surprise !! ha !! ha !!

a good news and a bad one !!

found a lift earlier this morning because my truck was at the other end of town .so i noticed trees were white up the hills .so went in a few back roads up the hills to check it .

in town there s not even an inch of snow ,but up the hills 4 to 6 ''.this morning at 4 am ,rain was coming down the roof!! :wacko:

i knew there was drifts going toward the truck logging road ,so i went to fix it .machine was at home ,so it s about 4-5 miles to go there .

the bad news ,still too warm to groom .snow stick in the first cutters of the drag and stay there .it s +1 c here and still windy .

i ll try again to start grooming tq 5 between 2 and 4 am later tonight .

groomer !!!

roughly -1c now .better wake up early tonight .just lucky we still have snow on the ground .

if you look at both pics of the drag ,snow get stuck in the front end .thats not too funny .if you lift the cutters way too high or too fast to clean the drag ,better be careful ,''the pack '' of snow will pass under the pan and it ll make a big bump on the trail.must be careful with that.

coldsmoke ,last pic ,we met about 1000 ' behind the machine last year .last field before truck logging road going east and on the first one , first time we met about a quarter mile behind the drag . i began to do the canals in the fields to cut blowing snow .just to play a bit .

groomer !!!

Looks like Chaudiere got allot of snow. Gaspe region I hope gets some more soon. Got back from riding around RDL in/out of the Universal on December 31. Conditions were OK, plenty of snow, lack of grooming. If they get out on the groomers the trails would be perfect. I had a chance to break in the new machine.

They need more people like the Groomer!

Edited by SudburySledder

hi sudburysledder !!

ha !! ha !!

just checked the forecast for tonight ,-3c .thats not cold enough, ill have the same problem with the snow getting ''stuck '' in the drag.i ll try to do my best to have at least a nice ''ribbon ''.

still -1c :wacko:

groomer !!!

http://www.infomotoneigistegaspesie.com/

hi muddking !!

if you expecting to go further than cross point ,you ll have a problem according to the map.better stay ''in land '' the gaspesie.

i know from the french forum ,cross point to bonaventure to chandler area snow is very low ,even on grass.a guy from chandler area posted this morning on the french forum ,it was miserable there.

only a suggestion ,you should wait for colder temps ,i guess trails will be soft this week.there s not much traffic tho.

still -1c here ,i don t expect the greatest grooming later tonight .

groomer !!!

jsut back from grooming tq 5 + a local trail .not too bad run .snow started to stick in the drag around 11 am.lots of snow ,no problems.

in the last hill before the st fidele cb ,probably in the last miles of the hill til the cb ,no fresh snow there.it was icy .going down that long i was seeing the fresh snow disappear (sp ).

if you look at pic 13 and 14 ,going up the first hill west of the cb .took the first one about 1 mile up the hill .no fresh snow ,took the next one about another mile up .look at the difference .you can see where the ''snow line '' stop in the mountains.

started snowing lightly time to time on the way back .right now in town +2 c and very,very,very light rain.nothing dangerous for the trail condition.no traffic at all .

at 7 30 am ,saw those 3 non-members :D on the trail .no stickers ...off the trail please !! :D .saw them about 400 ' ,trail was going down slightly and i saw 2 pairs of ears first.stopped and walked toward them til i was about 80 ' from them .looks like the 2 ladies were mad at each other.of course !!! there s only 1 bull !! :D

groomer !!!