Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

took the pic this morning on my way to work !!! ha !! ha !! old pic !!

hi andy !!

thanks !! when the timing is perfect ,there s great pics to take in albertville .specially when it s foggy and the fog is low in some valleys .

hi gt rider !!

female was 25-30' max.the bull about 75 ' ,i had to run toward the bull to have a closer shot.

in 01 or 02 i was taking my ''annual vacation '' at the camp late sept .after a few days ,went in town for grocery and laundry .on my way back i saw a caribou about half a mile behind that female .wow !!! he was completly lost.the nearest mount is mount mount logan ,about 65 miles on the left side of the pic.no time to take pics.

hi longriderss !!

great shot !! just watch the ears ,ha !! ha !! if they re too low ,keep your distance !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Groomer, I have a nice SLR but the digital is so quick and easy I end up using that most of the time. The first two that say Maine were actually in Connecticut, the same night as the rainbows, The clouds looked like a wave coming, was a cold front after the rainbow. The Maine pictures were from Long Lake in Harrison Maine, the mountains are Mt Washington and others in New Hampshire 60-80 milres away. hope to see you on the trails this winter.............

post-60-1251469943_thumb.jpg

post-60-1251469982_thumb.jpg

Edited by S pump

wow !! awesome shots !! like the one with the cloud ,looks agressive !!! the one with sled and the mountains reminds me went i worked for challenge kanada back in 96 ,we were about 15-20 miles north of clermont (charlevoix ) on our way to club les aventuriers .scenery look alike .

about an slr ,i dream about it almost everyday ,if one day i win at the lottery ,first place ill go , it won t be at the titty bar ,i ll go at a place where they sell camera and the salesman ,he better be in a good mood !!! ha !! ha !! ha !!

i used to work with 35 mm ,minolta maxxum 7000 and a maxxum si 500 .work really fast .my digital camera is too slow compared to my 35 mm.

almost forgot ,for sure hope to see you on tq 5 or at the clubhouse.

hi longriderss !!

awesome shot too !!reminds me a few of mine at my camp at sunrise .

in 20 mins i ll be on my way to the camp ,great day today ,sunny and cold .should a good night to see mooses.hope so !!

thanks to both of you for sharing your pics !!!

groomer !!!

wow!! both great pics ,specially the one on the left .i like deep snow a lot !!

just back from the camp,few pics from last friday night.saw 9 mooses and last night ,0 ,it was too windy !!

groomer !!!

hi scorpionbowl !!

thats it !! i have almost the same pic at home.(35 mm). while in clermont we were looking for a school bus ,for our starting point.we ''landed '' at club les aventuriers north of clermont .we were completly lost and found the bus later during the day just a few miles from clermont.

i remember ,i went down in a steep hill just outside clermont near the hydro power line .we went about 20 miles north ,riding ''under '' the power line ,just beside tq 83 .turned completly east for tadoussac ,off the trail ,awesome !!!

not much trails or roads.we were jumping from one lake to another !! great memories !!

groomer !!

• 2 weeks later...

friend came to the camp yesterday morning and he saw a few snow flakes on his way to the camp.

just read on a french forum ,snow flakes in the laurentides reserve (l etape ) and fermont too , yesterday.

saw 3 females together friday ,just before darkness ,about 60 ' ,but too dark to take a pic.

groomer !!!

Don't really remember where that was on the sled but I do remember thinking how beautiful the area was. There was 4 ft. of fluffy powder to play in down below in the valley..............

Those pics were taken near claremont just before turn on 23? I didn't remeber you taking pics of me stuck thou

took those pics about 2 hrs ago ,just outside town .mom + calf .

i forgot sunday,since a few weeks here ,there s guys who are still looking for petroleum underground.they came about 9 miles east of my camp and i know they are somewhere not too far on the south side and along the truck logging road.

right now they are doing trails in straight line,clean the trails i guess with kind of a chipper.super clean.there s little flags everywhere.

then , they are going to dig ''carrotts '' in the ground .in some of those holes they are going to put some dynamites.then ,booooom !!! with the shock wave ,they are going to see where the petroleum is and how deep it is.

groomer !!

that s what im thinking about .they probably received lots of bad comments and bs and a few tbk !!! ha !! ha !!....last season ,they probably changed their mind .

YOU MUST LEARN TO ''SHARE '' DURING YOUR LIFE!! when you keep everythings for yourself ,you don t make friends !!

mayor of the town is the v-p of the club.i know he worked on that.have nt seen him for a while .

i ll take my supper at the camp tonight ,i ll be there for the next month.

btw ,i took the sledgehammer and smashed my piggy bank :shok::shok: , bought a new 4 wheelers. ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

hi mustang !!

no pics yet !! i ll be in amqui for 1 pm to get it.it s a honda (of course !! ha !! ha !!) 4 x 4 ,500 cc .i can t go to the camp without having a 4 w.it s my timberjack,forwarder ,dump truck etc ....i do a lot of work with that.i can t spend one month at the camp without working .

i ll be back next tuesday for a few hrs only ,so ill try not to forget to take a few pics .

at least ,just back from the grocery,i did nt forget to buy a few bottles of wine tho !!! ha !! ha !!

hi mustang !!

no pics yet !! i ll be in amqui for 1 pm to get it.it s a honda (of course !! ha !! ha !!) 4 x 4 ,500 cc .i can t go to the camp without having a 4 w.it s my timberjack,forwarder ,dump truck etc ....i do a lot of work with that.i can t spend one month at the camp without working .

i ll be back next tuesday for a few hrs only ,so ill try not to forget to take a few pics .

at least ,just back from the grocery,i did nt forget to buy a few bottles of wine tho !!! ha !! ha !!

Hi groomer

Yes honda is a good reliable maching last forever. I used to have a few 4 wheelers and 4x4 is the way to go.

I am taking stuff home from the campground today. I have a cold so no beer tonight maybe something a little stronger to kill the germs!! :drinks::yahoo:

Edited by mustang00

hi mustang !!

back from the camp for a few hrs only.strange to be in front of the computer instead of '' you know what ''.ha !! ha !!

last friday morning i brought a load of firewoods for friends 15 away from my camp .they ll be there next friday.on my way there it was cold ,i was able to see the mountains on park matane ,it was snowing on top.

last pic,early traffic jam on the ''colline ''.ha !! ha !!

very quiet with the mooses.last thrsday has been the best night to hear ''calls''.there was a bull and a female within half a mile from me .could hear them very clearly .they don t walk at all ,only yesterday ,saw tracks at 4 different places.too warm,15 c this morning at 6 am.

saw a little bull sunday night around 8 30 pm ,coming back from a friend's camp.

groomer !!

forgot mustang ,honda , they can last forever ,depending who ' s driving ?????? ha !! ha !!

yesterday morning ,moose call woke me up.look at the rear of the camp by the window ,nothing .went in the kitchen ,look at the road and the brook nothing.so in the afternoon i was on my way to work around camp .there was tracks just next to my room window .

he came from the brook ,passed a long the camp ,about 5-6 ' went in the parking at the rear ,then back on the road .

i ll be back friday .must go to the grocery .

groomer !!! :drinks::drinks: