Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Groomer,

I have a question for you and I hope you can help me. We want to come back to the peninsula to ride atv's and side by sides. Do you know number 1, if side by side's are allowed on the peninsula, and number 2, what is the maximum width of a side by side? Or, what is the narrowest bridge width? Thanks Groomer!! If you don't know the answer but know who does, please leave me their phone number or email. Thank you. Sledneck

the last picture says it all... a man and his machine .....would like to thank all the fokes who worked so hard to make it all posable!! with out them none of us would be QUEBEC RIDERS !!!!have a safe summer and see u next year

hi sledneck !!

give a few days to find the answer.a guy in town work for the atv club as a director or patoller .i ll ask him.personnally i think it s too wide .some places , trail could be too narrow .i ll be back later next week with an answer .

if i forget ,don t be shy to remember me .

groomer !!!

whoooooooooooooooooooppppsssssss !!! i need to learn how to use that ''self timer '' !!! ha !! ha !! ha !!! took the pic about a 1000' before arriving to the clubhouse .

hi eddieskidoo !!

wow !!! almost poetry !! thanks !!!

it has been a pleasure to meet you at the clubhouse with your friends a few weeks back.just too bad i missed you the second time .

for sure hope to see you again next season !! hi to your friends .

tomorrow if there s no rain ,there s a ''hot dogs party '' on trail 587 about 10 -12 miles from the clubhouse .

samething for you ,have a nice and safe summer !!!

about 18 c here this afernoon ,but sky turned to grey around 5 pm .

groomer !! :drinks:

hi stan !!

ha ! ha !! ha !! well , its not the first time i hear about that one !!! ha !! ha !! ha !!

from 87 to 94 ,from may til sept ,i was spending my week ends going to mx races all over pq .i began to take pics of a guy from drummondville .best expert rider in pq at that time (pro for you in the usa ).he used to call me like that all the time ,samething for his brother and mechanic.

even some spectators .lots of fun at those races .i took thousand of pics during those years of expert riders in pq and canada .

i was trading my pics for t shirts and stickers .i like racing stickers and some others .never asked for money.

i even saw some of my pics in parts catalogue coming from toronto and vancouver.not bad for a gaspesian living far away from those big cities .i had friends from almost every provinces in canada.

groomer !!! :drinks:

big thank you to D.E.C TOURS for the nice sweatshirt !! received it this morning.i ll wear it proudly !! received it close to the day of my birthday .

hi and thanks to rick and dave too !!!

little news :

in matapedia ,35 miles east from home ,there s a big ice jam on the restigouche river .24 km long ,starting right ''downtown '' matapedia .they were working on it today with that thing you can go on river ,sand,lake and snow ???

there s enough snow to do ''spring riding '' .

i ll be on tq 5 next week to remove the signage.

2 tuesdays ago ,i took my last run on tq 5 .to make a short story .my season ended in a ''fish tail '' right expression ????

while backing up with the machine at home,i took time to stop to see where was my truck ,truck was 4-5 ' from the machine .parked the machine ,went on my couch to relax a bit .then around 4 pm ,went to the corner store and went to see a friend .

when i left the house of my friend ,going toward my truck ,T !"/$%?K i saw that i hit the rear fender with the bull of the machine .big scratches on the fender !!!

not too happy at myself !! roughly 700 hrs of grooming and to end the season like that !!!what a shame !!! i spent the week in a bad mood !! ha !! ha !! ha !!

we have an expression here : when you do nothing ,you break nothing ......so....!!!

merci encore !! ( thanks again ) and have a great summer and hope to see the D.E.C TOURS again next season .

sledneck !!

friend of mine went to the atv club meeting earlier this week.he asked the question for me .

side by side atvs are not allowed on pq trails right now .but he said , they are working on it.i know some places are too narrow for a side by side.

personnally i don t use them.i bring my 4-wheelers at my camp in may and bring it back home in late november .there s tons of roads and trails there and all my friends are near by .

final run for this season.went to remove the signage on tq 5 .still enough snow for one more week + , i guess .it was -12c this morning ,so i took the advantage to go down to the st fidele cb.

groomer !!!

smclelan and i went in the gaspesie park to snowshoe up to mount olivine yesterday .wow !!! awesome day !! it s 4.3 km to go up there .mount olivine is roughly 15 miles north of la cache .we went by ste anne des monts because truck logging road has nt been plowed last winter.only for a few miles.

longriderss ,mount olivine is 5 miles south of gite du mont albert.we took 5-5 .30 hrs to do it .if you come back in sept for mount albert ,better be in shape ,smclelan was ''flying '' .ha !! ha !!

it worth the '' pain '' in the legs to see the scenery up there !! awesome !!!

groomer !!!

This was my second spring snowshoe hike with Groomer. He certianly has a nack for picking weekends with perfect weather and locations that are simple put "Breath Taking"!!

Here are a couple of my pics from our weekend hike.

A view on the way up

A nice tight trail

Groomer coming behind me (I think he stopped for a beer)

One of the spectacular views

At the Summit (note the beer beside him)

All I could say was WOW!!!

Here he is into the beer again!!

On the way down.

Thanks Jean Guy for a great weekend.

Edited by smclelan

hi mustang !!

thanks !! wow !! mount olivine is a nice place to feast your eyes !! i ve been 12-15x on mount logan ,but this one ''caught '' my eyes ,thats for sure !! awesome place to take pics .

hi andy !!

lots of fun with smclelan. ''beer time '' happen often !!! ha !! ha !! on steven ' s 5 th pics ,that beer can is nt mine !! look at the color of my beer can on the 7 th pic !!!!!! geeeez !! with that coat on , i look like a sumo wrestler on steven ' s 5 th pics.ha !! ha !!! it was windy and colder .

hi steven !!

it has been a pleasure to go back in the gaspesie park with you again .hope will make it to the ''bowl '' of mount albert next april .legs are stiff tonight !! ha !! ha !!

thanks for coming !!

jean-guy !!! :drinks:

Hi Groomer/Steven,

Wow, that look like a nice place to see and be. I will be ready for this fall. I hope to be finishing up the 4000 footers here in NH this summer, so I will need more to do up your way. How much beer will I need to bring to get to the top????

Longriderss

hi longriderss !!

awesome place to be !! about the beers ,probably less than us ,you are in better shape than the 2 of us .you walk faster than us.by the time you ll be up there ,me and steven probably be still in the parking !!! ha !! ha !!

we took one beer on top ,one mid way down and one in the parking.

first pic is the valley to go up the bowl ( grande cuve ).trail is somewhere in there .

on pic 2 and 3 ,there s another trail on the other side of the lake (devil s lake ) to go back to the parking .you can do a loop , up to mount olivine , then the serpentine ,then back south for the parking.from the serpentine ,you go west (valley ) for the bowl of mount albert.

- 10 c this morning and still sunny .

on the map ,there s a little '' p '' for parking , just left of champ de mars .car was there .

• 2 weeks later...

fyi only !!

for those who like the gaspesie during the summer , just in case some of you could be interested.i was watching the regional news yesterday and there will be an atv jamboree in mont st pierre from july 2 to the 5 th .

sunny and cold here since a few days .snow does nt melt much.friends of mine went riding east of town 2 thursdays ago in the area of the faribault ,trail 595 .

last week end ,another one went riding to the lake where i spent my summer last year .

groomer !!!

went up to the 18 miles on the truck logging road to check if there was too much snow to go to my camp with my 4 wheelers .half a mile after i turned around ,saw my first moose of the season for 15-20mins.

groomer !!!

not the greatest pics ,but its something i don t see every days.went toward my camp this afternoon with friends.we took a side road because there was too much snow on the main and found that calf.

he was on his way to die .he was very ,very weak.only his neck and ears were moving very slowly .we stayed there for a few minutes and came back about half an hour later .his head was on the side and he was breathing very slowly.the end was very close .

should be able to be at my camp next week end !!! :drinks: there was a '' patch '' of half a mile long of snow .too much snow for our 4 wheelers.we turned around 5 miles from the camp.

ps : if the pics are too ''weird '' , just delete the post .

groomer !!!

first week end at my camp.still limited to ride with the 4 wheelers.still too much snow at some places.saw my first moose (twice ) friday afternoon one mile from the camp.

lots of rain , late yesterday afternnon till early this morning.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

i was at my camp since last friday ,here s a few pics.mom + calf ,saturday morning while riding with my 4 wheelers.sunset ,last night while looking for mooses.

found a nice antler saturday morning.

still snow on mount white ,park matane and mount albert ,gaspesie park.

groomer !!!

hi gt rider !!

thank you very much!! very happy with the pics .first 2 week ends at the camp has nt been too great to take pics.weather has been not too nice here in may.rain ,wind and coooooooooooooooold !! 0 c last monday morning at the camp.this morning around 7 am ,there was still a bit of ice in some ''potholes ''. ha !! ha !! sunny ,but cold.almost surprised that i have nt seen fleurries !!! ha !! ha !!

last week end ,we changed the patio door at the camp for a 6 ' one and put a bigger window on the front side .looks better !!

thanks again and have a nice summer !! sorry if some pics looks alike .

Groomer

I hope you have a great summer!! I hope you enjoy some quality time at the camp :drinks::drinks: .

I am looking forward to touring the north shore next season. I will take the ferry across to Gaspe.

In the mean time I will look at your excellent photos.