Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi gt rider !!

just back from the camp.always great time there !!..........but some mondays are tougher than other one !! ha !! ha !!

for sure you ll enjoy the north side of the gaspesie.nice scenery there.

pics of the moose.on my way up friday, met a friend and talked for a few mins.when we left ,started my truck ,not even time to put it in first gear,moose came from the left, 40-50 ' in front of my truck..stopped the motor,and went on the road and click !! click !!

yesterday morning ,when i woke up ,checked if there was no ''tourists '' in the yard of the camp by the window.nothing.went back to my room for less than 30'' ,looked back at the yard ,geeeeeeeezzz ,there was a moose ,but too late by a few seconds to take a pic.

thanks again !!

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

back from the camp.yesterday morning ,took my 4 wheelers and went to see friends at a lake 5 miles from my camp.on my way back ,i was arriving at a '' 4 stops intersection '' .about 75 ' before the intersection ,saw a moose on coming fast on my left between the trees .time to put the brake ,i thought ''geeeez '' we are going to hit !!

it was a female ,she put the ''brakes '' about 20-25 ' before crossing the road in front of me.she began to panic ,she did nt know where to go ,i took a look a little bit lower and she had a 09 calf ,brand new one.calf was squeezed between me and his mom ,about 20 ' max from me.mom made a '' u-turn '' and back in the deep forest.calf was surprised ,he did nt know what was happening.came close to hit one of them.all of this happened in less than 10 ''.

saw 5 this week end.very quiet !!!

saw the deer 1.5 mile from the camp on my way to the lake.very lucky,seldom i see deers at the camp.

groomer !!!

hi longriderss !!

glad to hear from you !! always interesting to see a moose in the yard of the camp.not too many fresh tracks right now around the camp, but it ll come .

weather is not too nice here,hard to have 2 sunny days in a row.windy, rainy and cold .there was still a bit of snow on mount white( park matane ) last week end.saw that on my way back last sunday.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi longriderss !!

glad to hear from you !! always interesting to see a moose in the yard of the camp.not too many fresh tracks right now around the camp, but it ll come .

weather is not too nice here,hard to have 2 sunny days in a row.windy, rainy and cold .there was still a bit of snow on mount white( park matane ) last week end.saw that on my way back last sunday.

hey groomer great pics cant believe still snow up there in june amazing but it has been a cool summer so far here in NewHampshire as well hello Longriders thats a big moose!hope to ride the gaspie this winter need someone show me around there never been. :pardon::drinks:

hi doorider !!

thanks !! from near my camp i can see a few mountains on park matane , when i m on the truck logging road , at the 16 miles , i can see mount albert in the gaspesie park ,roughly 50-60 miles away ,i was able to see snow also there last friday on my way up to the camp.

in some mountains of the gaspesie park ,there s a few little spots of snow til july even august .another rainy day here and cold .

if you never been in the gaspesie ,do it at least once in your life !! you should nt regret !!

old pics from summer 06 at the camp.

• 2 weeks later...

not much luck to take pics of mooses.saw 3 friday + a black bear.last night i almost assisted to a murder.went to see friends at their camp.on my way i saw a mom with a 09 calf on the side of the road ,they moved slowly back in the woods.

about a quarter mile further , another 09 calf alone on the road .he was kind of lost,found that strange .moved slowly ,i was looking for the mom.calf began to run ,followed him ,then suddenly coming from the left side of the road ,the same black bear that i had seen on friday.

he jumped on the road and he was '' pedal to the metal '' chasing the calf .so i noticed he gained a lot of ground on the calf ,i decided to push on the ''mushroom '' to go close enough to the bear and scare him.bear went back in the woods and i waited over a minute there just to see if the bear wanted to come on the road.then i continued and about half a mile further the calf was still running on the road.

groomer !!!

hi smclelan !!

ha !! ha !! as usual ,every week ends !! rough week end ,went to play guitar and drums at my friends camp ( lake ) friday and saturday night .not used anymore to party all night like that , unless i m grooming !! friday night came back at the camp at 2 am and saturday 3 15 am.ha !! ha !!

saturday night ,took a short napt after supper ,then , sat at the table and turned my head toward the brook ,there was a moose.she stayed there for about 1m 30s , then she turned around .she was too shy to come in the yard because the generator was running.she went in front of the camp between the trees and a few few mins later she appeared on the road ,125 ' feet from the camp.saw 2 more 1 mile from the camp, on my way to the lake, within 800 ' .

about the pics, i remember my brother showed me an article about mount st helens when it erupted in the magazine '' national geographic ''.the girl ( photograh ) was 20 miles away on another mountain .when the volcano exploded ,she s been so impressed (stunned ) by the cloud of dust ,she fell on her butt.

i remember reading that on national geographic , i was probably thinking about those pics.you know ,when you take pics ,you must use your imagination !!!! ha !! ha !!!

just back from the causapscal river.went to see salmons jumping the ''falls '' .i ve been lucky ,saw roughly 50 in about 1 hr.its about 20 mins from home.

some jumped straight for the cliff,hit their nose head on.some land where s there s no water ,right on the rock.even the small ones try .

on the last pic ,if you look closely ,you can see the salmon under water .

tough for the batteries ,must keep your finger all the time on the push button and your r/t must be very quick .not time to drink wine smclelan !!! ha !! ha !!! ha !!

groomer !!!

Groomer...GREAT pictures as usual. Thanks for sharing your beautiful world with us.

:rofl: Volcano...LOL...Maybe into the mushrooms again???

Phil

hi gt rider !!

thanks !!

not sure about time frame ,the way you asked the question .right now it s must be the '' peak '' to see salmons jumping the falls .you can see 2-3 a minutes and wait a few mins then see 4-5-6 jumping within a minutes .if you are too early in the season ,let say mid june .you see a salmon jumping every 15-20 mins .probably within 2 weeks , you won t see that much jumping.

last sunday ,i saw roughly 50 in less than an hr ,about 50 mins.

i went there because i knew the pool was full .one thing i forgot to mention ,about 5 miles up the falls ,there s a gate across the river to avoid poaching.right now , there must be close to 300 salmons in the same pool ''the marsh ''.

8-10 years ago i went there ,late august i guess ,there was over 700 hundred salmons in the pool .they release them at the end of sept or oct ,can t remember .

hi phil !!

ha !! ha !! thanks !!

should i stop drinking wine ??????? :nea:

i forgot to tell that to gt rider ..

i don t know if most of the salmons do that ,but many come right at the base of the fall and just give themselves a little swing ,just to put their head out of the water .probably they want to see where is the fall .

now ,ha !! ha !! ha !! if i compare that with nhra drag racing ,ha !! ha !! they return back in the ''staging area ''pool '' burn the tires and fry the clucth a little bit ,

put themselves in straight line...

pre stage ..... stage ..... and jump !!! :lol::lol::lol: if you look at some pics ,some are way to far from the fall when they jump.

pic of the little bull ,last saturday on my way back to the camp around 5 30 pm.spent the afternoon at the lake.

btw ,2 weeks ,saw pics on a french forum and there was still spots of snow on mount albert in the gaspesie park.

just saw on tv ,a little whale ''crashed '' on the north side of st barnabé island ,right in front of rimouski .

very hot here today ,30 c +

• 4 weeks later...

sunsets ,last friday night !! saw 3 small coyotes yesterday pm.

groomer !!!

As usual, Groomer, your pics are outstanding. You outdid yourself on the sunset photos. truly magnificent.

thanks for sharing.

timbo

hi timbo !!

thank you very much !! photography is my only hobby ,so always a pleasure to post a few.i took 70 pics in about 10 mins.woke up earlier this morning ,4 30 am to be done earlier.i m on my way to the camp ,must moe the lawn ,then will take my supper at a friend 's camp 15 miles away from mine .must hurry up .

btw ,i was watching the local news and on the north shore ,in longue pointe de mingan ,archeologists from park canada found an american plane (amphibious ) in the st lawrence river.from the ww2 back in 42 .those guys went to longue pointe de mingan back in 42 to check the work on the airport ,american army was building airport at that time during the war.they crashed on take off.

they are not sure yet ,but they might find a few bodies in the planes.when the plane crashed ,some guys saved their life ,but some not.

there was guys from the american army there this week.

sorry if pics looks alike with the one on the other post.not too many left.no luck at all with the mooses this summer .weather i guess ,too warm at night .so they walk just before darkness or early morning .

thanks again !!

groomer !!

finally ,luck turned the other way !! friday and saturday night has been cold .good for mooses to take a walk .friday night when i came back to the camp at ?? am ,it was 6 c .

took the pics of those 2 saturday night.walked about a 1000 ' behind them.turned around and went back to the camp.saw 8 more in about 5-6 mins + one in the afternoon.saw 3 friday night on my way back to the camp.

more encouraging for the week ends to come.

groomer !!!

sunrise ''downtown '' albertville at 5 30 am this morning .took the pic about half a mile west from the clubhouse.gas station and clubhouse are on the right side of the pic.

i work about 6 miles south-west of the clubhouse and 3 miles west of trail 587 .

very hot here since a few days .i rather see -30c than + 30 c !!! :D

i ll be on my to the camp shortly!!

groomer !!

• 2 weeks later...

saw the female about 5 miles from my camp today on my way back home.saw her twice last night but a little bit too dark to take pics.she was almost in the same spot than last night.

the little bull , yesterday while carrying rocks with my 4-w and a trailer 1.5 mile from the camp.

groomer !!!

sunrise ''downtown '' albertville at 5 30 am this morning .took the pic about half a mile west from the clubhouse.gas station and clubhouse are on the right side of the pic.

i work about 6 miles south-west of the clubhouse and 3 miles west of trail 587 .

very hot here since a few days .i rather see -30c than + 30 c !!! :D

i ll be on my to the camp shortly!!

Hi Jean Guy

Beautiful pics as usual!

Andy

groomer !!

saw the female about 5 miles from my camp today on my way back home.saw her twice last night but a little bit too dark to take pics.she was almost in the same spot than last night.

the little bull , yesterday while carrying rocks with my 4-w and a trailer 1.5 mile from the camp.

groomer !!!

Awesome photos.

How far away are you when taking the photos? It seems like you are very close.