Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

just back from a 45 miles ride with my 4 wheelers.awesome day !!

used the truck logging road up to the 16 miles than a road who has been plowed for a good part of the winter and turned around 1.5 miles before arriving to the lake .did nt want to use the groomed trail for the last 1.5 miles to go to the lake .

groomer !!!

the end !!

brought the machine back to albertville this morning.tough season ''grooming wise '' and to take pics, bad light most of the time .in 10 years of grooming ,first time i bring the machine back to albertville early like that .the earliest was march 05 or 06 ,the 28 th .

while waiting for my friend to bring me back in town,2 sledders arrived at the clubhouse .it was monster performance with a friend .great meeting you guys !!

ton francais est encore tres bon !!! :good:

now ,it s the long wait to go back to the camp,tough !!!

groomer !!!

in my personnal name and in the name of the club , i would like to say a big thank you to all of those who bought their trail passes + 3 days passes at our club .it has been a good help.in my last 10 years of grooming ,it has been the best one for membership !! 260 members !!!

thanks to all of those who came for a visit at the clubhouse and made extra miles to come .sorry for those i missed .''timing '' i guess for me .

wish you a great and safe summer !!! be careful with beers and wine !! :D :lol:

ps:i ve been caught again this year with the selftimer on the camera.

merci !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

in my personnal name and in the name of the club , i would like to say a big thank you to all of those who bought their trail passes + 3 days passes at our club .it has been a good help.in my last 10 years of grooming ,it has been the best one for membership !! 260 members !!!

thanks to all of those who came for a visit at the clubhouse and made extra miles to come .sorry for those i missed .''timing '' i guess for me .

wish you a great and safe summer !!! be careful with beers and wine !! :D :lol:

ps:i ve been caught again this year with the selftimer on the camera.

merci !!!

Jean Guy

I know I can speak for all of the great people who ride the Quebec Trails each winter and there are none that are as smooth consistently as your trails. A very big Thank You Merci from not only the Quebec Rider gang but all the sledders who ride the Gaspe each winter. You give countless hours of your own time many of them while we are hundreds of miles away in our beds asleep. You do this not for the money but for the love of the sport and we all appreciate it! So Jean Guy sit back sip a glass of your favorite vino and we will see you soon.

Andy

hi andy !!

thank you very much for the great words !!

i m maybe shy to meet members sometimes ,but never been to help !!i know about giving a lot of my ''own '' time to others.never been afraid of that.if all the info i post can help members and sledders ,good for them .

i took a few minutes to search for a pic of '' ANDYMAN'S BLD '' .because mother nature did nt cooperate much this season ,left '' lane '' has been closed all winter.not enough snow in the ditch to go there with the machine.very sad , i like to do that part of tq 5.

...... and be sure ,sipping (sp maybe ) a glass of wine at the camp for supper ,peaceful and priceless !!!

thanks again !!!

Same as said above Thanks! You are a great asset to snowmobiling and tourism in general in the Gaspesie region. Your beard seems to be getting a little more grey each year but you still volunteer the hours that a young man would have trouble keeping up to.

See you in the next couple of weeks Old Timer :tease: Hope you can keep up on the mountian. :drinks::drinks:

Edited by smclelan

ha !! ha !! ha !!

thank you very much smclelan !!

like i said before ,if my info can help you and others others ,happy for you / them !!it aint cost much to help !!

let me correct one of your sentences (ha !! ha !!)....hope '' WE '' can keep up on the mountains !!! :tease:

i don t mind if there s more grey in the beard ,i try to keep a ''young '' attitude !! :drinks:

hi gt rider !!

you re welcome !! thanks !!

''all over quebec '', it s extra work to read tons of posts ,but i don t mind !!

pics from 2 years ago when i went with smclelan on mount hog's back in the chic chocs.first one is mount albert taken from the truck logging road ,50 miles east from town or 25 miles from la cache .

the others ,on the way up mount hog' s back .

chic chocs ,it s an indian name meaning ''steep walls ''.

a bit early to ride the 4 wheelers,still too much snow ,but i expect to be at my camp before the end of april.i like ''spring riding '' ,everything is new in the woods.good times to find mooses antlers.

jean-guy

hi jack & sandy !!

thank you very much !!

a few years back i sent a few to the fcmq for a photos contest that they do every years.but no luck !!but it would be nice to see a few of mine on the local map here in the valley or even on the gaspesie map !!

i don t know whom to refer.anyways i m to shy to ask for !!! ha !! ha !!

in 92 ,the z e c here organized a photos contest ( amateurs only ) i won 5-6 prizes out of 10-12 .can t remember exactly .since then ,many peoples know i take pics .so here in the valley ,i e mail my pics to close friends only.there s too many ' 'sharks '' here waiting for me to see my pics somewhere on the net .im very careful with my pics ,locally , if i can say that.i heard a few stories about them ,rather post them here.

thanks again !!

jean-guy

gt rider !!

if there s a way for you to use it ,do it !!

i took the pic while grooming tq 5 not too long after the sunrise ,about halfway between ste marguerite and the st fidele cb.if you look at pics 3 and 4 on post 659 , i was about 200 ' in front of the machine looking on the left side of the trail.

groomer !!! :drinks:

gt rider !!

if there s a way for you to use it ,do it !!

i took the pic while grooming tq 5 not too long after the sunrise ,about halfway between ste marguerite and the st fidele cb.if you look at pics 3 and 4 on post 659 , i was about 200 ' in front of the machine looking on the left side of the trail.

groomer !!! :drinks:

Merci Beaucoup

gt rider !!

bienvenue !!

first pic ,just before taking your ''favorite '' pic .right at the corner of that ''side road '' on the left side of the trail or just on the left of the machine on the second pic,on the way back.

groomer !!!

the end !!

brought the machine back to albertville this morning.tough season ''grooming wise '' and to take pics, bad light most of the time .in 10 years of grooming ,first time i bring the machine back to albertville early like that .the earliest was march 05 or 06 ,the 28 th .

while waiting for my friend to bring me back in town,2 sledders arrived at the clubhouse .it was monster performance with a friend .great meeting you guys !!

ton francais est encore tres bon !!! :good:

now ,it s the long wait to go back to the camp,tough !!!

groomer !!!

Groomer, I was with Ian, from Monster Performance when we spoke to you at the clubhouse on Mar. 17th. I have been reading your posts and enjoying your pictures for several years. It was nice to meet you in person. Thank you for the trail advice you gave us. From Matane and east the trails were all excellent. It snowed several inches Thursday morning and we had a lot of fun riding in the powder. We went as far as Grande Vallee and then turned around on Friday and rode trail #5 back towards Mt. Joli. Trail #5 was great until we arrived at a trail closed sign just before Mt Joli. We took a local trail that ended in a village called "Price", which is next to Mont Joli. Luckily, I can speak a little french. I spoke to some people from the village who were practicing drag racing their snowmobiles in a field. They told us that trail #5 was closed because the river had opened up. They offered to drive Ian to Mt Joli to retrieve the truck and trailer. I've experienced it many times, but i cannot get over how friendly and helpful people in Quebec are. We finished up riding 620 miles in three days and it was a great last ride.

Alain

hi alain !!

it has been a pleasure to meet you at the clubhouse and spoke a bit about racing .glad trails were great for you .rained a bit yesterday then turned to snow ,about 1 ''.

those guys in price were probably practicing for the drag in matane today at the airport .

thanks for doing the extra miles to come at the clubhouse .

ton francais est encore tres bon ,meilleur que mon anglais !! ha !! ha !!

hi saguenay bill !!

thanks for the great words !!

well ,i ll be very glad to go ,but don t forget ,i have only a seasonal job here during the summer .i don t work too many weeks .only from mid may to the first week of september .

im not shy to talk about it ,only a few members know , i have a problem with my ears ( balance ).it happened twice , 2 weeks ago witnin 3 days and this is HELL when it happen and can happen anytime .if this happen while driving ,im ''kapuuuuut '' for few a hrs .from what i know ,nervosity ,stress and fatigue are the ''origin '' of that problem.

i don t say no or yes to you for the moment ,i ll see how things will go at the job.my job can be very expensive when bad luck happen .i know a lot about that .

when i met timbo about 2 weeks ago ,he asked me the same question.

.......geeeeeeeeez i ll have to slow down on the wine at the camp !! :lol:

time will tell i guess !!

jean-guy