Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

no mooses friday and saturday night .yesterday morning around 10 hrs am went to see friends at the lake .within 1 mile from the camp ,i ve been surprised by a mom and calf .30 ' away on my left side .i was in the moon i guess .no pics.

then 1 mile later ,i ve been caught in a mid morning traffic jam just before crossing the river.ladies ( :lol::lol::lol: ) doing there talking in the middle of the road .

then 2 miles further ,saw that little bull 250 ' in front of me .began to walk toward him and took the last pics at about 60'.saw him for 10 mins.

we need a lot of rain badly here.brooks and rivers are very low.

groomer !!!

this morning, while taking my coffee sitting at the table saw that black partridge(rooster maybe ???) 100' away from the camp with all his wings spreaded.did nt take pics .about 20 mins later ,looking at the other way ,saw that lady(first pic ) crossing the lawn looking for that rooster i guess.

about an hr later the ''rooster '' was back on the road ,so decided to go and take a few pics.when i arrived the lady was on the road also and ''rooster '' came toward me looking for the lady.

there was at least 4/5 more few feet of the road.they were probably looking for s**. :lol:

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

went to the marais ( marsh )on the causapscal river late this afternoon.took a few pics of salmons jumping in the pool.better be awake ,really hard to tell where they are going to jump. i had my finger ready to push the button all the time .i was looking at the pool instead of looking by the ''visor '' of the camera.easier.

should go there more often.

groomer !!!

not the greatest pics !! i used ''polarized '' glasses to take the pics.that s why i guess ,there a little bit of a '' blur '' on the side.

right now ,there s 533 salmons in the pool .they are going to release them, late september.the biggest one is 50 pounds.

groomer !!!

• 3 weeks later...

well i don t know how to say that !! my good friend from nova scotia smclelan came up here last friday.went up to my camp til tomorrow morning .don t need to tell you that beer and wine sales went up !!! :drinks::lol::lol::lol::drinks:

went riding with the atvs ,took tons of pics and yesterday morning we went up mount albert in the gaspesie park.about 90 miles from my camp.wow !!! tough for the legs on the way down.great weather here .not much luck to see mooses tho !!

thanks for coming steven !!feel thirsty right now !!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

jean-guy :drinks::drinks::drinks:

first ten pics from the top of mount albert and last 2 on the way down.that big white hotel on the last pic is ''gite du mont albert ''.

ste anne des monts is roughly 25 miles on the left ,la cache about 15 miles on the right .can t remember exactly ,mont st pierre must be 40 miles behind gite du mont albert.

groomer !!!

on the second pic you can see the road going for msp.saw that black bear at km 71 on the truck logging road on our way back.he had problems walking .his right front leg was wounded.he was 25 ' max from us.

groomer !!!

hi phil !!

thanks !!! on the way up there was some steep places ,but on the way down we realized how steep it was!! just lucky we had ''hiking poles ''. helped a lot !! don t forget we re only amateurs !! :lol::lol: don t know how you say that in english , tough for the ''ball-joints ''

very nice on top ,just like we were on the moon .awesome scenery !! worth to suffer to go up there.5.7 km hike to go up.

groomer !!!

You getting the hang of your new camera Groomer?? This latest batch of pictures are incredible! I especially like the waterfall ones. Must be getting colder at night there. We had in the upper 30's F here in upstate NY a couple nights ago.

hi sled dog !!

thanks !!the falls is just beside causapscal river about 12 miles south-west of my camp.not very hard to take pics like that !! need a tripod and use low speed. if i remember well ,i used 1'' to 1.5 ''speed.from there we went to the pool called ''the marsh '' ,about 3 miles higher to see if the salmons were still in the pool.

guys told us they had released them in the morning .there was 538 salmons in the pool.

we got frost here 2 week ends ago.i was at the camp.-1c...-2 c early in the morning.even last week end.personnally i think temps are still high for this time of the season.

starting tomorrow or friday ,i m going to take my ''annual vacations '' at the camp.bow hunting (moose) begin next saturday for a week and rifle hunting from the 18 to the 25 th of october .so ,i ll spend most of those days at the camp.hope to see snow during rifle hunting ,happened in the mid 90 's ,13 '' of snow at the camp!!

hope to use the rainy day to read the instruction manual for my camera ,did nt read it yet.

groomer !!!

HA HA HA You need to lease a wheel chair!!!! That grey color in your beard should help explain some of the problem. Me on the other hand, being much younger than you can solve the problem by taking huge quantities of Aleeve. OMG Whose idea was that anyways.

Thanks Jean Guy for a really good time with a few woobly pops, several bottles of red wine (sometimes in the same night), and a lot of laughs with you and your friends. :drinks::drinks:

Here is a pic from the top of Mt. Albert. I call it a "Room with a View".

post-5-058505800 1285191540_thumb.jpg

ha !! ha !! even if you are younger than me ,don t worry your turn will come soon!! :lol:

well, it has been a pleasure to welcome you at my camp.btw ,saw harold this morning at the grocery ,he asked me if you were still in town ??? said no , he had to meet a few '' o q '' back in nova scotia !!! :lol:

if weather is nice tomorrow , ill be at the camp by noon til next monday i guess !!

thanks again for coming steven !!!

and greaaaaaaaaaaat b/w pic !!! :good:

jean-guy :drinks::good::drinks:

back from the camp.was there since last thursday morning.first pic ,thursday night ,mom + 2 calves.saw them back friday morning.while taking pics ,i was thinking that the bull could be not too far behind.heard a ''crack '' bull was 60' on my right ,no time to take pics.

bull alone ,about 10 mins after i saw the mom with calves.he was nt shy at all.mom alone ,friday around on my way back to the camp.

last 2 pics (foggy ones )saturday ,5 pm in front of the camp.took a short napt before doing my moose run ,when i woke up ,looked by the window and he was in the brook in front of the camp.

this morning could hear 2 bulls calling ,looking for females.i was about half a mile from the camp.waited and waited ,could hear the bull and female coming very closely toward me ,but never saw them .too much bad trees on the side of the road .saw 16 or 17 since thrsday.

btw ,happy birthday scorpionbowl !!! :drinks:

groomer !!!

ha !! ha !! you re more lucky than me !! :lol: very bad week to see mooses.tuesday ,rained like hell from 5 am til 7 pm.brook went up more than 2 ' at the camp.it has been foggy and cloudy all week.i m awake since 3 am.awesome gusts of wind last night.i was afraid for a tree to fall on the camp or on my truck.

pics of the bull ,tuesday morning at 8 05 hrs.saw him for 10 mins on my way back to the camp.when i saw he went for the left side of the road,i went to ''cut '' him on another road.

on some pics you can see a treestand ( blue ),last monday morning i was about 600 ' on the other side of the treestand.there was at least 5 mooses there.2 bulls,2 females and 1 calf.

groomer !!!

this is about 10 mins later.went to cut him on another road.he was coming slowly.if you look at the first pic,ears are low,he was probably mad at me.then he ''clutched '' for my truck and coming really fast.stopped 20'/25' in front of the truck.

on the left side of the pics ,there s a ''forwarder trail '' ,''pulpjack trail in quebecois .when he entered the trail ,started looking at my pics,20'' later ,he was right beside the rear of my truck.he just made a litte loop to avoid my truck.then i started to click.

at 5 18 pm on the same day,saw a mom and 2 calves as far as you can see on the road.no pics ,they were too far.

back to the camp around 2 30 pm.need to go to riki monday and tuesday.very sad !!! :lol:

groomer !!!

this morning !!

first one, looking toward lac saumon ,west of albertville .lac saumon is on the other side of the fog on the right .

2nd one looking toward albertville .my town is right under the fog.took the pics from up the hills just outside town.

frost for the 5 th or 6 th time this morning since 2 weeks.

groomer !!!

ha !! ha !! ha !!! :yahoo::yahoo::lol:

saturday around noon and the night pic around 10 pm.

friday on my way up to the camp ,there was a few snow clouds.saturday morning it was white .about 1'' ,but melted fast,it was 5 c.

bad week end to see mooses,it has been windy like hell since friday afternoon.thats why i came back in town.

on my way back ,i could see there was still snow on some mountains of park matane.

groomer !!!

Beautiful pictures as usual groomer, looks like you already got used to your new camera then!

How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place.

Even seeing just that little bit of snow made my right thumb twitch!

Gary

hi gary !!

thanks !!still need practice tho !! don t know if you have that expression in english ,but i like to look for ''louse ''( details ) when i look at my pics .no luck at all for sunrises and sunsets .still cloudy this morning .

can t remember the year exactly ,in the mid 90's during moose hunting ,mid october ,we had 13'' of snow .lasted for a few days.

first 2 pics on my way to the camp friday ,on the road going up for the lake.

p-3 saturday morning and p-4 saturday night ,this is where i spend many days from may to november !

groomer !!!

hi snowrider !!

thank you very much.

just back from my camp ,.i ll be back there around noon til the 24-25 th without coming back .i hate to come back in town.i need to take a napt this afternoon !! ha !! ha !!

saw one moose around 7 am this morning .there was tracks within a quarter mile from the camp this morning.great weather to see mooses ,but they don t walk much.saw 3 wednesday night around 1 am coming back from the camp of a friend.

samething here ,hunt start tomorrow morning .i don t hunt ,just there to help my friends.i hunt with my camera only .you should see the traffic on the truck logging road.crazy !!pick up with trailers and atvs .more traffic there than town.

hope my friends will be lucky !! i m only there as a ''consultant '' ha !! ha !! i know my territory very well,so it s easier for me to ''visualize '' the territory if something happen.

btw ,we need 3 permits here for one moose.

good luck !!!

groomer !!! :drinks: