Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

• 3 weeks later...

My link

check this out

hi coldsmoke !!

at the beginning i was lost a bit ,i checked many pics.you probably wanted to show me(i guess) those pics with the groomer stuck in the swamp !!! :o :o

im registred on a grooming forum ,saw those pics roughly 2 years ago.well ,poor operator !!

must be discouraged for sure !!what a mess !!!nice clean up to do inside and outside the machine .

i have a memory blank ,but i m sure i saw somewhere how much they spent to fix the groomer .thats a lots of money for a club.''unexpected''

few years back ,went to albertville for the first time in december to bring the machine in town.right in between the clubhouse and the garage of the club ,there s black dirt on the trail.i knew about that.i was expecting the black dirt to be frozen,but not enough.i arrived there with the machine and i could feel the machine sink in the trail.just enough time to go backward to get out of there.

took the main street instead up to the gas station ,then tq 5.

thanks for the link !!

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Groomer I thought you would like to see some of the big game wild animals from Long Island :rofl::rofl::rofl:

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

I cant wait to be in your back yard.

Happy New Year :drinks::drinks:

hi gt rider !!

ha !! ha !!

woow !! lots of traffic in your back yard !! :lol:

thanks for sharing your pics .don t know much about birds ,your second pic ,is it a blue jay ???

i used to have a feeder for birds at my camp.only colibri were coming to eat (sorry cant find the translation,those birds with ''high rpm '' wings ) ha !! ha !!

still snowing lightly here with nice gusts of wind.hard to tell how many inches on the ground.3 ''max.

happy new year/bonne année !!!

jean-guy

ha !! ha !! light weight traffic can be interesting too !!

few old pics from the duniere reserve.friend of mine went there about 2 weeks ago,he saw 93 mooses.

pic 4 with the clearcuts on the mountains ,park matane ,faribault camp on trail 595 ,about 30/35 miles on the right .

storm is almost dead now.snowing just a bit.e mailed a friend in ste marguerite ,about 8 miles outside town and there s a lot more snow there.he said some started to ride this afternoon.higher than us in elevation.

thanks for the info!!

groomer !!!

pics taken earlier this morning.hard to tell the exact quantity of snow on the ground.it has been very windy.

around 6 '' + and a lot more i guess in the higher elevations .fields need a lot more snow .

groomer !!!

The first two pictures, is that Val Brillant? Were they taken with the same lens, zoomed in and out?

looking toward ste irene( ski center ) ,just a few miles from val brillant.took the pics a few hundred feet from the farm outside town,going up to the lake .

blue sky here.

groomer !!!

Hey groomer, we were going to ride up your way, but the taxi was too much! We rode as far as massif du Sud, then headed back south on the sleds.

hi longriderss !!

ha !! ha !! glad to hear from you !!!just too bad !!

though start for the beginning of the season.went to ride in the backroads around town this morning ,still need more snow.

i know that some friends of mine went to the lake with their trucks and sleds .hope they are going to take a few pics .

pic:last year dec 28th.

btw ,happy new year !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

just to show you how much snow :angry: :angry: we have here !!

i did an 85 miles ride this afternoon ,average 3 '' of snow.

third pic,i arrived from the top left of the pic ,on the highest part of the pic ,i slowed down,there was 3 mooses on the right side of the 4w and 1 more on the left .saw another one a few miles later.

foggy and warm most part of the day.

groomer !!!

back to work !! ha !! ha !!

went to albertville this afternoon and brought the machine home.won t lie to you.for sure we need more snow .narrow places and where branches are over the trail need a lot more.

at least ,its a beginning.met the br guy,he went to town by tq 5 and i took the local trail to go at my house.

tomorrow will go to the st fidele cb.

friend went to my camp this afternoon ,about a foot there.quantity of snow vary from places to places.from 6 '' to 10-12-15 ''still snowing lightly right now.

groomer !!!

Good to see you are on the trails!! :drinks: Hopefully next Thursday you will see Dave, Mac, Stephen and I. Should there be enough snow to get to Matane we will be going through your area and stopping at the club. :drinks: I think there will be a loop on the North Shore by then.

Good to see you are on the trails!! :drinks: Hopefully next Thursday you will see Dave, Mac, Stephen and I. Should there be enough snow to get to Matane we will be going through your area and stopping at the club. :drinks: I think there will be a loop on the North Shore by then.

hi smclelan !!

woke up at 2 15 am ,what a different life style !!! :lol: unable to sleep !!slept for about 1hr. 15min.

read on the french forum that 90 % of the trails of the club in amqui are groomed .st vianney area too.

wife of the ex operator told me that one of their friends from st rené called them and they have snow up to their knees there.i might see that 'friend '' today,he wanted to go to cross point.i ll see later.still snowing very lightly and windy a bit.

i took that local trail near the mill,avoid that trail for now .they moved the trail for a few miles and its rough,even very rough .stay on tq 5 .

Edited by smclelan

Great news! Get to work Groomer!!!! And thanks!

hi sled dog !!

ya ,it was about time to start grooming.i ll groom tq 5 + a local trail.i should be back around 3 pm.will post a few pics later today ....ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

i can t confirm that at 100% ,but it looks like the club in amqui have a problem with a farmer (fields).that guy still blocking the access to his fields going for the cable bridge.i don t even know on which side of the cb.

i heard about that a few times ,but can t confirm now.i ll try to find info this week.i should be in st alexandre monday.

ps:smclelan ,ha !! ha !! you send too much e mails ,im losing ''grooming time ''. :lol::lol: