Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

great news

now get off the computer and get to work haaahaaaa haaaaa

see ya on the trails soon :clapping:

ha !! ha !!always check on the computer before going grooming ,just in case YOU need info ha !! ha !! !!left around 3 45 am and came back at 3 30 pm.

not too bad ,fell ''asleep '' a bit around 6 am while grooming that local trail before heading for the st fidele cb.won t take long to see my couch !! :lol:

all pics early this morning ,roughly mid way between ste marguerite and the cb.that sled was on the trail.

groomer !!!

About time eh! What's the latest you've made your first pass? We are headed across the border a week from tomorrow, not sure where yet, but we have waited long enough! :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

yes ,about time !!!it was very depressing ,waiting and waiting and waiting for snow !!

if my memory is still good ,in december 01 ,groomed all the trais 1 week before christmas.then ,rain and warm weather .started grooming back on january 22 th.

on january 10 th ,i was at my camp with my truck.never happened before .worse season.

i wish i could have a cold one right now !!!

last pic ,about half a mile west of the cb.

groomer !!! :drinks:

from that long straight a few miles west of ste marguerite ,12-15 '' of snow.looks like snow was more fluffy east of ste marguerite.checked many times.

worse place,about 4 miles east of ste marguerite ,where there s a lot of ''hairpins '',going up the hill ,there s a clearcut on the left side.about 3-4 '' on the right side and 6-8 '' on the left side.snow has been blown by the wind ,but at least it s white.

rideable :yes ,but don t expect end of february conditions.a few more inches of snow before going back to the cb ,wont hurt .just to fix the natural ''whoops ''.nothing bad.

i was at the cb around 9 00 am and cross point side was nt groomed yet.i ll try to find info about that.

there s a few mooses on the trail.

groomer !!!

Looks like things are starting to come together in your area. Hopefully this week Amqui will open their trails up to Matane and there will be some snow fall between Pointe a la Croix and New Richmond to get the TQ 5 in the Gaspesie region opened.

from ''ruisseau creux '' at the bottom of the hill ,then the 180 ' corner,clearcut on the left up to '' to here ''.on the other side of that patch of woods.

worse place .about 1 mile .the 90 ' corner is about 2 miles on the right,from the clearcut.

groomer !!!

Looks like things are starting to come together in your area. Hopefully this week Amqui will open their trails up to Matane and there will be some snow fall between Pointe a la Croix and New Richmond to get the TQ 5 in the Gaspesie region opened.

hi smclelan !!

ya ,more encouraging .on the french forum last night a guy from amqui said it was groomed up to st vianney-st tharsicius. i ll ask my nephew if he can find more info .

maybe it changed ,did nt check .west side of matane was nt groomed earlier last week.did nt check french forum yet .later tonight .met the vp on my way back before arriving to the tlr and he told me that farmer was still blocking the access to the cb.

i ll check for sure ,if i find something , ill let you know

groomer !!!

just back from meeting smclelan and macdav + 2 friends at the clubhouse.they were coming from cross point and on their way up to matane .

must be terrible ( ha !! ha !!) to spend one night with those guys ,funny like hell !!! :good:

thanks for stopping at the clubhouse guys !!

so lucky you guys....this is on my "Bucket list" go to kosap , sled, and meet my friend Groomer...not asking much...lol :drinks:

Enjoy!! :drinks:

ha !! ha !! it still very thin in town tho.according to smclelan not too bad riding up the hills outside town.

must go to do a little bit of maintenance on the machine.i should be on tq 5 tomorrow to put the signage up.it ll be a looooooooooooooong day !!

went grooming a local trail for ste marguerite and then up to the lake this morning.

met my brother in law + friends on the way back

Looks good groomer,seems like you have alot more snow. We are headed across the border next Wed., not sure where yet. Looks like some snow on Tues and Wed up there I sure hope so!

groomer !!!

hi jackstraw !!

one of my sister just told the samething .

looks good and nice on the pics ,but once groomed there s not much left.2-4 '' max and even less.just enough to ride .

we need snow and fast.worse than that in town.talked with my b i l and he said he could feel the rocks time to time .

first pic ,on the left side ,about the middle ,my dad used to have a cabin there back in the 60's and early 70 '.my camp is on the right ,2 miles in straight line and 5 miles behind the machine ,first pic on the other post.

groomer !!!

hi gt rider !!

nice to see the machine back on the trail,keep me busy. :lol: woke up at 4 am and came back at 2 hrs30 pm.

ya ,waaaaaaaay too easy !!don t like that.too many days between the runs ,hard to stay in the ''beat ''.

we were supposed to put the signage up early yesterday morning ,but i was waiting for a part,received it yesterday afternoon.so ,it should tuesday morning.

lens is an 18/105 mm.perfect to take pics from the inside of the cab.

groomer !!!

met 2 members today !!when i arrived at the st fidele cb, first thing i saw looking on the cross point side ,sled going for the warming shack.took a few seconds ,then eddieskidoo and skidoo420.

talked for 10 mins ,took a few pics and they were on their way to matane .

eddie ,once on top of the first hill ,i tried to call at the clubhouse ,but unable to have the ''connection ''.waited for a few miles .phone rang ,but looks like they took too much time to answer the phone ,lost the connection. :lol: tried a few more times and i guess it was too late .

you were probably back on your sleds for matane .took about half an hr to clean the right side of the trail on the last 500 ' before climbing the first hill.mario had secator to cut branches and i bulldozed the biggest alders to make it wider .way better now .

came back at 5 pm.thanks to both of you for taking time to talk a few mins .great to see you guys again !!

jean-guy :drinks:

back for installing the signage up in town.wooow !! looks better today,better mood too !! :lol: .started from the school bus (first pic ).huge difference with yesterday .close to 8 '' up the hills.

will do st alexandre and lac saumon tomorrow and i should be back on tq 5 early friday morning .

-5 c today ,but windy a bit .

groomer !!!

back from st alexandre and lac saumon.done with the signage on our side of the matapedia river.

-20 c at 4 15 am this morning.sunny in the morning and turned to cloudy in the afternoon.

hope to wake up early and groom tq 5 + a local trail early tomorrow morning.

looks like the north side of the gaspesie will be buried again by the week end .

groomer !!!

back from grooming !! great run!! started at 3hrs 15 am and came back at 2hrs 30 pm.getting better again.once you start going down that last long hill before the cb ,you can see the amount of fresh snow going down.about 2 '' at the cb.

cross point side has been groomed .trail was really hard.-19c when i started this morning,-10 c now.lucky morning ,saw 4 mooses +one fox and a few rabbits !!when i arrived at that 90' corner ,about 6 miles east of ste marguerite,i stopped to take a coffe.checked on my right ,tq 5 was down,looked a little bit further ,little bull was 300' from me.he put the sign down.p 1 and p 2.

saw another one on the way back,drift area.saw about 10 sleds.

not sure if i can do that.but back in the 80's,i worked 5 summers in south-western ontario,100 miles west of niagara falls for the same guy as a fork lift operator .so ,about 2 years ago ,i told my ex-boss if he wanted to see my pics ,to come here on qr.i know he s checking,he told me on the last christmas card.we only send christmas card every years.i have nt since him since 85.

so i would like to say hello to awesome friends ,judy and leslie !!

sorry i forgot to shave !!! :lol::lol:

thanks rob + mods !! :drinks:

jean-guy

on tq 5 about 4 miles west of my town ,they moved the trail in the hydro power line between causapscal and albertville .

so ,2 weeks ago on their first run ,they climbed that hill behind the br ,with the br .last week end i think ,they went grooming with the gilbert ,whoops !!unable to climb,too steep.

so ,i know this morning ,friend of mine went there with a bulldozer to lower the top of the hill.i know ,they are there right now to put snow back on the trail.

i guess ,for those who know the shortcut (local trail) outside town to go to albertville ,maybe it could be better for you to take that shortcut to avoid rock maybe ,if they don t have enough snow to ''pacth'' it.specially for those coming from cross point.i ll try to find info ,if there s enough snow ,where they worked.

.....like we say here,maybe the trouble was on the seat !! ha !! ha !!

groomer !!