Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

It looks from the weather reports that you may be busy this weekend Groomer. Lets hope so, most of Quebec is showing rain or freezing rain except for the Gaspe'. We are headed up March 1st, we where going to do the Gaspe mid march, but maybe we'll head there earlier. Phil1 is going to be with us for his first Gaspe trip. :drinks:

It looks from the weather reports that you may be busy this weekend Groomer. Lets hope so, most of Quebec is showing rain or freezing rain except for the Gaspe'. We are headed up March 1st, we where going to do the Gaspe mid march, but maybe we'll head there earlier. Phil1 is going to be with us for his first Gaspe trip. :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

back from grooming at 10 45 pm,left at 8 am.

wife of the vice president sent me an e mail about that ,hope so, to be busy !!

it has been warm here today.+1c in rimouski.went grooming 4 local trails .snow from the last storm.sunday night i think.-7c right now .

snow was sticky a bit ,but by 7 pm ,it was colder .it ll be nice tomorrow morning !!

saw another moose tonight .

if you stop at the clubhouse ,just ask them to call me !!!

loooooooooooooooooong day today and not too funny .see the pics on the other post !!haaaaa!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

bad day at the office !! :bad::bad: took a ''spin '' in the ditch!! :bad:

i should have stayed with saguenay bill and go to milk the cows !! :lol:

would you like to trade your desk with mine phil ?????? :lol

groomer!!!

Groomer I will trade my desk for yours any day... $ h i t happens... lots of hours on your desk...

Milk the cows...too boring for you I am sure...

As Jackstraw said I am hoping to finally get to Gaspe... I have been trying for three years...

Phil

Ooops, glad you got out safe and sound.

Please keep us posted on the winter storm warning for your area. I am heading there next weekend.

hi 14 snow !!

i was on my way to post a message.woke up at 8 am and already snowing .clear sky and full moon at 2 am.about 1 '' on the ground and still snowiiiiiiiiiing.

-5c right now .

groomer !!!

bad day at the office !! :bad::bad: took a ''spin '' in the ditch!! :bad:

i should have stayed with saguenay bill and go to milk the cows !! :lol:

would you like to trade your desk with mine phil ?????? :lol:

groomer!!!

What are you doing grooming the ditch you 'Ole Fool" :rofl: Is the eye site starting to get weak?? Too much wine the night before :drinks: ??

Good to see you got it back together and going. Is that the that the trail to 8 Mile Lake?

hi phil !!

sorry, looks like i was in the moon this morning,did nt see your post,went to bed at 2 am.for sure grooming it s a lot of hrs .but i rather groom than milk the cows.ha !! ha !! never trusted a cow.rather see a moose 10 ' from me than a cow.

hope to see you with jackstraw at the clubhouse even if it s omly for a few mins !!

hi smclelan !!

ha !! ha !! no, my eye sight still very good ,only when i m tired .well ,monday(i think ) it has been very windy ,i could see the ditch very clearly ,but many times it was hard to find the ''line '' ,edge of the trail.

i was going in 4 gear and suddently i felt the left track going (sinking) in the ditch.at that time ,machine was still in good ''position ''.stopped ,went backward slowly ,but the front end of the track began to ''slide '' for the ditch.machine was leaning a bit on the left.

then ,went forward very slowly and ''bang '' in the ditch.as soon i put the machine in forward position ,the weight was completly on the left side and track came off .t$k !! ha !! ha !!

called my friend to come with a big loader ,but he came with the excavator,he took the right decision.

so, with a chain and the bucket we put the track back on the wheels .then went grooming st alexandre,lac saumon ,lake 8 miles and the local trail for ste marguerite.saw a moose there around 8 pm.

while grooming i was thinking about that.maybe on my last run there ,i went too close to the ditch and probably turned the steering wheel very quickly to come back on the trail and probably the pan went over the ditch without packing the snow directly at the bottom of the ditch.ditch is about 3 ' deep.

so ,if the pan went over the ditch ,it probably f&?%% my ''line '' or the edge.thats why track began to ''sink '' in the ditch !!

almost right where we met with mac.don t tell him ,ha !! ha !!

fyi ,rained in rimouski-mont joli and snow back in sayabec.this afternoon about 20 mins of freezing rain and a bit around 6 30 pm .right now it s very calm,-1c .about 3-4 '' of snow today.

i wanted to groom tq 5 later tonight ,but ill wait for early sunday morning.should be colder.i hate that ,it change all the schedule.

sorry for the long post

groomer !!!

smclelan,

while looking for pics found this one .look at the first one ,almost no ditch .they dug the ditch last summer .

pics taken ,dec 26 th /08

ps : as a member of our club ,you have the privilege to ask the president to hire a new groomer operator !! :lol::lol::lol:

sky still grey and heavy .few fleurries right now and -2c.

smclelan,

ps : as a member of our club ,you have the privilege to ask the president to hire a new groomer operator !! :lol::lol::lol:

I would never do that, good volunteers like you are very, very, rare and you do an excellcent job. Now I may ask the President if the club could buy you a pair of glasses!! :lol::rofl::drinks:

Edited by smclelan

I would never do that, good volunteers like you are very, very, rare and you do an excellcent job. Now I may ask the President if the club could buy you a pair of glasses!! :lol::rofl::drinks:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :p:p:lol::lol:

good one !! :lol:

went grooming tq 5 early this morning .a bit of freezing rain when i left home ,then turned to light snow up the hills.windy a bit around ate marguerite .-5c .

woooow !!! trail was in bad shape !!!nicest place was the parking at the cb.groomed a lot on the left side, corners / up hills early this morning to give a chances to those coming from cross point.lots of work on that run .started at 3 30 am and back at 4 45pm.snow was heavy,machine + drag.

arrived at the cb at 11 hrs am .traffic jam while i was there.

at least i ve been rewarded.met another member ,farmerold.his friend went off the trail a bit.so i bulldozed in front of the sled and farmerold attached a rope to the ''bull '' and slowly i pulled the sled off the deep snow .at least everybody was smiling !!thanks for stopping !!!

towing is free for members !! :lol::lol:

i don t think i ll need to count the sheeps tonight going to bed.ha !! ha !!saw 40/50 sleds.

groomer !!!

went to meet mcstar + his friend frank at the clubhouse .i gave frank the moose antler i had found on tq 5 a few weeks back .he was all smile .

farmerold was there too with his wife .

this is for mcstar 's wife .he might call you tonight,he told me that you could come on qr to look at the pics..just received a pm from a member asking for info.checked on quebec trails and i just saw that trail 587 south is closed in the matapedia area.they wanted to use that trail tomorrow to come back to albertville .

so ,if he calls you ,tell him that he won t have the choice to come back on tq 5.i just called at the motel in cross point to tell the girl there to advise them.

thats probably why ,farmerold did nt see the signage.they probably removed it .

http://www.infomotoneigistegaspesie.com/

groomer !!!

few pics before taking a napt.

went grooming tq 5 + local trail.-10c at 1 am and still -10c + sunny and windy.

great run ,colder and a few inches of fresh snow.

met mcstar + frank again about 5 miles west of the cb at 8 40 am.

then around noon, about 3 miles west of ste marguerite, met vt bluyamaha + friend ,sorry can t remember his name.

left at 2 30 am .at 4 am i was about 1 miles before the truck logging road.right between the 2 fields.

suddently ,2 sleds !! ha !! ha !!i tought they were locals coming back from ste marguerite beach.guys stopped ,so i went to talk to them .2 guys from new hampshire .they were on their way to take the ferry in matane for 8am .woooow !!those guys from new hampshire are always up early !!! :lol:

taking a napt and waiting for vt bluyamaha to call me and meet him at the clubhouse .

groomer !!!

few pics before taking a napt.

went grooming tq 5 + local trail.-10c at 1 am and still -10c + sunny and windy.

great run ,colder and a few inches of fresh snow.

met mcstar + frank again about 5 miles west of the cb at 8 40 am.

then around noon, about 3 miles west of ste marguerite, met vt bluyamaha + friend ,sorry can t remember his name.

left at 2 30 am .at 4 am i was about 1 miles before the truck logging road.right between the 2 fields.

suddently ,2 sleds !! ha !! ha !!i tought they were locals coming back from ste marguerite beach.guys stopped ,so i went to talk to them .2 guys from new hampshire .they were on their way to take the ferry in matane for 8am .woooow !!those guys from new hampshire are always up early !!! :lol:

taking a napt and waiting for vt bluyamaha to call me and meet him at the clubhouse .

groomer !!!

Sorry Groomer, we decided to ride beyond the FCB and when we got back to the clubhouse it was almost 1540, Didn't realize they close @1600 so decided not to disturb your nap - haha! I know about sleep when grooming!

Keep up the good work and thank you for the hospitality.

Au revoir for now.

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Sorry Groomer, we decided to ride beyond the FCB and when we got back to the clubhouse it was almost 1540, Didn't realize they close @1600 so decided not to disturb your nap - haha! I know about sleep when grooming!

Keep up the good work and thank you for the hospitality.

Au revoir for now.

hi vt bluyamaha !!

thanks !! i did nt know they were closing early like that during the week .came back in town at 2 15 pm .i waited until 5 30 pm.went on the couch for an hr ,but did nt sleep.only closed my eyes to relax!! ha !! ha !!went to bed at 11 30 pm.

hope to meet you again and hear about some of your grooming stories.hi to your friend !!

pic:about 3 miles east of ste marguerite,almost on top of that loooong hill.

groomer !!!

went to meet snowfarmer,richard and rob around 10 hrs am this morning.

great meeting you guys and thanks for stopping at our clubhouse !!

ps :my morning napt has been ''cut '' a bit !!! :lol::lol: always worth it to go to the clubhouse and meet new peoples !!

thanks again .

-10 c here ,sunny and windy .

groomer !!!

Nice lots of snow...we lost most I saw 8 sleds today and most were riding asphalt through town .... <_< -2 sunny...looks like end of march here!!

hi mustang !!

it s getting a lot better here since 2-3 weeks .i won t mind having a lot more.

pay myself a little vacation...spent the afternoon on the couch.ha !! ha !! ha !! :) i ll be on local trails tomorrow and back on tq 5 early friday morning!!!

groomer !!!

Hey Groomer , thanks for getting up !The local trails were great took lots of pictures.Good to meet you.Sitting in a bar in Grande Riveiré right now its all good!

hi snowfarmer !!

ha !! ha !! don t worry i m use not to sleep much during winter !!just back from grooming st alexandre and lac saumon.with those 2 windy days ,you ve been lucky ,usually that long straight near the farm is very bumpy .many little drifts .was still in good shape when i was there this morning.first 4 pics.

happy for you that local trails were still nice.i groom them 1x a week.

between -25c/-30c here this morning at 5 30 am.but warmed up quickly.0c around 3 pm.but the wind was cold .

thanks again for stopping at the clubhouse ,it has been a great pleasure to meet you all 3.like i said ,meeting new peoples ,always interesting !!

hi to rob and richard !!

jean-guy :drinks:

went grooming tq 5 early this morning.still an 8.5.saw about 50/60 sleds.most of them going west.

-10c at 1 30 am and -4c right now .started to be a sunny day but turned to cloudy not too long after sunrise !!snowed a bit when i left the cb around 8 30 am ,for about an hr.

groomer !!!

just back from the clubhouse.went to meet a member from hcs with his wife/girlfriend.they were arriving from cross point.he said, up the hills west of cross point ,even at the st fidele cb,if i remember well,8-10'' of fresh snow.

weather was not too nice in albertville,windy with nice gusts of wind .about 3-4'' of fresh snow.

here in town,it s not light,not heavy ...let say ''medium '' and not windy for the moment.-7c right now .

i ll see what will happen ,should be very windy later or tomorrow.one local at the clubhouse told me up to a foot til tomorrow .

first pic,bunch of 10-12 ontarians

groomer !!!