Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Groomer-

I posted a topic for you on HCS-

From all of the forum's I have read-it looks like you're the person to talk to for a sled trip to the Gaspe.

We're coming to the Gaspe on 3/25 for a few days of riding, this is our first trip to the Gaspe, we have rode alot of the Quebec trails and have always wanted to ride in the Gaspe.Will also need to purchase trail passes.

Wondering if the trails will still be groomed for this time frame, should we head to the North Shore or South Shore? We're looking to ride the best trails with alot of good scenery-as we like to take pics. What can we expect for weather 3/25-3/27?

We would look to ride 150 miles per day, what loops would be best? Also, looking to lodge in one place as we would do day trips-are there any cabins to stay in?

Thanks!

http://www.fpq.com/fr/outfitters.profile.asp?11-606

camp de la haute madeleine on the north side.few members here went there.looks like a nice little place .

about the grooming ,weather will decide and the quantity of snow.in 08,i groomed after a storm on april 3 th.can t remember the year,groomed on april 5 th.

also there s relais chic-chocs in st octave de l avenir between matane and ste anne des monts ,on tq 5.mount logan ( gaspesie park )right in front.

groomer !!!

http://www.villagegrandenaturechic-chocs.com/?lang=en

both pics ,snowshoeing up the bowl of mount albert in the gaspesie park ,marh 27 th last year !!

north side if you like mountains ,murdochville area .trail 595 ,between st paulin and la cache.

you can also look at info-motoneigiste gaspesie for trail conditions .

ready in 20 mins to start grooming tq 5 !!

groomer !!!

Wow, another good storm 2 weeks in a row.... must be a ton of snow in the interior...

Yep, looks like Gaspe getting buried for end of season this year!

Daniela and I are bummed we had to return to Germany and couldn't spend another week in the sweet powder in the Gaspe!

14 snow you and Marty might need to look into lighter sleds then those 4-strokes if you want to really enjoy snow conditions like this in Gaspe........

post-848-045984600 1299614057_thumb.jpg

Groomer-

I posted a topic for you on HCS-

From all of the forum's I have read-it looks like you're the person to talk to for a sled trip to the Gaspe.

We're coming to the Gaspe on 3/25 for a few days of riding, this is our first trip to the Gaspe, we have rode alot of the Quebec trails and have always wanted to ride in the Gaspe.Will also need to purchase trail passes.

Wondering if the trails will still be groomed for this time frame, should we head to the North Shore or South Shore? We're looking to ride the best trails with alot of good scenery-as we like to take pics. What can we expect for weather 3/25-3/27?

We would look to ride 150 miles per day, what loops would be best? Also, looking to lodge in one place as we would do day trips-are there any cabins to stay in?

Thanks!

Speedy, I know you're saying you're looking to do loops from 1 location but the Gaspe is really ideal for saddlebag touring to really enjoy the diversity of the region. This year assuming no major meltdown in next 2 weeks you should have plenty of good snow especially on the north-side. couple of my favorite locations to stay at:

http://www.villagegrandenaturechic-chocs.com

http://www.gites-classifies.qc.ca/maiver.htm

http://www.aubergelerelais.com

post-848-090618400 1299615193_thumb.jpg

sorry for the mistake ,one of my fingers hit the keyboard and it posted by itself!! :o

hi 14 snow and gade_guy !!

great storm !!!-11c at midnight and - 10 c right now.blue sky .great day for riding ,windy this morning.great run !! way better than yesterday.snow was cloder and it was faster to groom.

started at 2 15 am and back at 2 pm.no traffic ,saw the first sled at 11 hrs am.guy alone with saddle bags.then 2 guys 45 mins later ,all going west.

saw the moose around 6 am maybe .took a few pics ,then lost him on top of the hill.saw him back on the other side going slowly .he took a long time to decide to enter the woods .arrived at the cb around 7 am.hard to tell 12''-15''-20''

thanks for the extra info gade_guy !!

groomer !!!

Groomer, I truly appreciate your efforts on grooming and photography. I really love your updates. Too bad I don't get to Gaspe more often.

thanks 14 snow !!

you re welcome !!

i said it before ,photography is my only hobby,so why not post a few !!

was supposed to be off tomorrow ,but one operator from albertville will come grooming toward town early in the morning.so ,at the intersection of tq 5 and the local trail for albertville ,i ll take the gilbert groomer and go groom 4 local trails.last week i skipped one trail ,because there was drifts up to 4 ' of snow ,going up hill in a field.

and the trail going up to the lake ,i ll take the advantage to make it wider.there s new clearcut since last summer along the trail and it s very windy there,trail is narrow ,i ll fix it tomorrow .

thanks agin

groomer !!!

another long day.-28 c at 5 30 am and -11c during the day.great day for riding.went to meet the operator from albertville at the intersection of tq5 and the shorcut around 7 30 am.

went grooming st alexandre -lac saumon and lake 8 miles.lots of snow .

pic 8 ,on the to lac saumon,very bad place.going up hill and always snow blown by the wind.turned around there last week,too much snow for the surtrac.

pic 7:on the way back from lac saumon ,i got stuck again :bad: in about 5-6' of snow .about 400' in front of the machine .i think i going to retire from grooming at the end of the season .not good for my average !!! :lol::lol::lol:

back on a local trail tomorrow ,was too low on fuel to do it tonight.back on tq 5 thursday or friday.

groomer !!!

thank you very much coldsmoke !!

as you can see ,grooming it s not only looking at the scenery and taking pics !!ha !! ha !!

about 20 mins of shoveling and then going backward and forward to get back on trail.

i ll explain tonight.must go grooming and i don t like at all crossing town during daylight and i must bring the gilbert absolutely tonight in albertville,they ll groom trail 587 tomorrow.did nt have enough fuel to groom the fourth local trail last night.

went to bed at 2 am and the train woke me up at 6 am

groomer !!!! :drinks:

back from grooming the local trail.another 3hrs hrs tonight to bring the machine up to albertville.

here s the story,between the drag and the field behind,there s a road.because gilbert have slides,at the exits or entrances must be very careful not to arrive too fast if the entrances or exit are not at the same level of the road.arrived slowly and i hate to spend too much time on the road.never know who's coming.on the left side of the drag ,there s a curve.once the tractor on the road ,put the bull down to bulldoze the snow bank in the entrance,without stopping.

right at the entrance ,the trail goes down slightly (slope),then a 6 ' high drift.drift was at least a foot higher than the hood.the only thing i can think of ,bull was still a bit too low and went a few feet under the drift.the other one ,shifting the gears on the gilbert is different than the surtrac .even a bit confusing without finding an excuse!!maybe i was on the wrong gear.

on the gilbert its 1-2-3-4 and you can play with a-b-c-d or vice-versa.like i said ,i cleaned the drag (cutters ),shoveled behind and in front of the tracks and about 2 'in front of the bull.

then,backward and frontward to ''pack '' myself a trail and using the bull just before going backward to lower the drift.it help to ''lift ''the front end of the machine and back on the trail.

there s nothing to be ashame to post pics like that!! it prove at least that im grooming !! :lol::lol::lol: and not taking a nap on the couch!!!

like we say in quebecois ,when you do nothing ,nothing happen to you !!!

14snow ,with the surtrac ,things could have been worse !!already done !! wow !!thats early !!

almost forgot ,you(friends) owe me a bottle of wine for posting pics like that !!! ha !! ha !! ha !!just joking !!

time for nap !!!

groomer !!

Owe you a bottle of wine??? You can't stay on the trail sober!!! This is twice you have shown pictures where you have been of in the rubarb!! :drinks::drinks:

Next month we will drink some wine when I come up to go snowshoeing!

I will be up the weekend of March 19th if there is still snow, I am going snowmobiling in Newfoundland this weekend.

hi smclelan !!!

ha !! ha !! when i read your post ,i had to take a ''spin '' on the french forum.i was unable to stop laughing!! ha !! ha !!

in quebecois we say ''playing in the dandelions ''.

no problems ,if you want to come up !!better for myself to get in shape a bit.right now ,only grooming,computer and couch !!!

snowing lightly ,very windy this morning,coming from the south.sky was kind of heavy.grey and dark.

grooming pics ,local trail for ste marguerite .last night on the way up to the lake ,pic taken on the bridge ,about half a mile behind ,moose jumped 50-60' in front of me,while climbing the hill.

deers ,about 1 mile before crossing road 132.

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi smclelan !!!

ha !! ha !! when i read your post ,i had to take a ''spin '' on the french forum.i was unable to stop laughing!! ha !! ha !!

in quebecois we say ''playing in the dandelions ''.

no problems ,if you want to come up !!better for myself to get in shape a bit.right now ,only grooming,computer and couch !!!

snowing lightly ,very windy this morning,coming from the south.sky was kind of heavy.grey and dark.

grooming pics ,local trail for ste marguerite .last night on the way up to the lake ,pic taken on the bridge ,about half a mile behind ,moose jumped 50-60' in front of me,while climbing the hill.

deers ,about 1 mile before crossing road 132.

Hi Groomer,

Grooming, computer and couch, that sounds like great training for a marathon! lol. We hope to make it to the Gaspe on the 21st of March for the week hope the weather holds. Keep up the good work, and stay on the trail Eh! :drinks:

Hi Groomer,

Grooming, computer and couch, that sounds like great training for a marathon! lol. We hope to make it to the Gaspe on the 21st of March for the week hope the weather holds. Keep up the good work, and stay on the trail Eh! :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

thanks !!

ha !! ha !!grooming is not the best job to be in shape !!my day ended in a fish tail!! :bad: not off the trail this time .arrived at the garage ,started my truck ,went up the hill for the clubhouse.strange noise !!stopped ,took a look ,flat tire and no air compressor .went back inside the clubhouse and the waitress offered me to bring me home.

send me a pm at least one day in advance ,just in case,if you decide to come.

if we meet on tq 5 and im off the trail again,at least ill have friends to help me to shovel!! wise eh!! :lol:

ps :don t forget your shovel !!! :lol: will see who's in better shape !!haaaaaaaaaa!!

hi jackstraw !!

thanks !!

ha !! ha !!grooming is not the best job to be in shape !!my day ended in a fish tail!! :bad: not off the trail this time .arrived at the garage ,started my truck ,went up the hill for the clubhouse.strange noise !!stopped ,took a look ,flat tire and no air compressor .went back inside the clubhouse and the waitress offered me to bring me home.

if we meet on tq 5 and im off the trail again,at least ill have friends to help me to shovel!! wise eh!! :lol:

ps :don t forget your shovel !!! :lol: will see who's in better shape !!haaaaaaaaaa!!

started my truck ,went up the hill for the clubhouse.strange noise !!stopped ,took a look ,flat tire and no air compressor .went back inside the clubhouse and the waitress offered me to bring me home.

So you need a day advance notice?? Have you moved the waitress right into the house?? :rofl:

started my truck ,went up the hill for the clubhouse.strange noise !!stopped ,took a look ,flat tire and no air compressor .went back inside the clubhouse and the waitress offered me to bring me home.

So you need a day advance notice?? Have you moved the waitress right into the house?? :rofl:

ya ,one day notice ,just in case i could be gone grooming a local trail and unable to meet jackstraw on tq 5 or at the clubhouse .

fyi ,grooming can keep me be very .11 hrs of sleep since monday night and not much couch this week !! :p ha !! ha !!

just back from albertville ,when i went to meet the albertville operator wednesday morning at the shortcut ,he brought my truck to the garage .went to put air this morning in the tire and there s a big hole on the side .tire is kapuuuttt !!

well about the waitress ,no luck,i had no wine at home !!! :lol::lol:

btw ,just talked with the foreman for the truck logging road and he told me trucking is done on trail 595 since 3 weeks ....but i can t tell you ,if that part of plowed trail has been groomed .

rain time to time here.+1c

groomer !!!

btw ,just talked with the foreman for the truck logging road and he told me trucking is done on trail 595 since 3 weeks ....but i can t tell you ,if that part of plowed trail has been groomed .

Last week I rode 595 on Wednesday last week from the north to south and there was no signs of logging at all, just a heck of a lot of show. We also saw a few moose on that trail about 15 miles south of TQ5. were almost breaking trail most of the way due to the new snow on Monday and Tuesday.