Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Groomer, 2 riders (blue XP summit and 07 yellow Renegade) headed your way tomorrow riding through RDL to PtLaCroix, then towards Murdochvile and then the north shore. Looks like we'll have a few fresh inches coming as a bonus!! Where will you be early afternoon? Is the 'secret' 587s loop open and perfect or should we stick to tq5 from Amqui to PtLaCroix. Also going to try to hit radar, need to search the forum for it's location next since I've never been there yet. Hope to see you and enjoy your always carpet-like trails

hi nh-moose!!

a bit confusing,you posted at 1 am.tomorrow ,do you mean today?? or saturday.i was on my way to go toward st alexandre and the lake .should be back around 1-2 pm .

i might be on tq 5 ,tonight ,at least up to ste marguerite .there s no traffic,i spent the last 2 days outside and where i was i could see part of tq 5 on the albertville side.saw 2 sleds in 2 days.

saturday ,ill be home no problems.trail 587 ,albertville to matapedia,about 1 month ago ,it was ''closed '' according to quebec trail.but i know friends who made it to matapedia .i guess they were working on wind mills there and did nt want too much traffic.i know they plowed roads in that area.

friends went to ''camp des bucherons ''in l ascension or st francois last week end by trail 587 last week end .it was no problems.

if we can t meet,ask the waitress at the clubhouse about 587 ,she might have more info than me .

n48 25 .133

w67 47 .980....radar..still a lot of snow there .

groomer !!!

thanks for calling nh-moose.lucky, i had forgotten to open my celluar phone this morning.opened it 20 mins before you called.

back from grooming ,went halfway up to st alexandre ,trail was still a-1.then went up to the lake to bulldoze snowbanks and put snow on the road for half a mile.trail has been plowed this winter for truck logging.snow was sticky on the way back.

-6 am at 5 am and sunny ,+5c right now and cloudy .wanted to go on tq 5 tonight but i ll wait.friends told that we might have 8'' of snow starting tonight.

groomer !!!

In PtLC now, 309 miles today, all flat and fast. 587 was practically paved! Heading through la cache then chic chocks to Murdoch next. Lots of traffic - not (maybe 12 sleds all day). No bumps in the trails, and tomorrow will even be cushioned!!

In PtLC now, 309 miles today, all flat and fast. 587 was practically paved! Heading through la cache then chic chocks to Murdoch next. Lots of traffic - not (maybe 12 sleds all day). No bumps in the trails, and tomorrow will even be cushioned!!

hi nh-moose !!

i guess it s snowing in plc too,about 2'' of fresh snow here and still snowing.

it ll be nice tomorrow morning !!

happy trail!!

groomer !!!

nothing about sledding !!friend of mine went up mount hog's back last thursday in the chic chocs .

mooses,about a quarter mile south of gite du mont albert.

waiting to groom,snowing here since about 6 pm yesterday .only a guess ,must be close to 10''.it was very windy this morning up the hills.

waiting for colder temps,+5c this afternoon.0c right now.ain t interesting to pull 300 pounds of dead snow in the drag from point A to point B and back to point A.

groomer !!!

im late to post ,i had a internet connexion problem since sunday pm.went grooming tq 5 sunday morning ,started at 4 am and it was -6c.5'' of snow in town and up to 12 '' up the hills.saw about 15 sleds max.

snow was sticky by 11 am.i was a few miles east of st marguerite.luckily,trail was still flat,only the fresh snow.

better take a close look at those pics,could be the last run on tq 5.not sure yet.i have nt seen the president yet.raining a lot here since this morning .+4c.

groomer !!!

for sale :

ste marguerite beach

bungalow 20' x 36' with garage and the pick up truck with the strobs only.

snow banks included ,not sure if there was a snowblower with that !!! :lol::lol::lol:

groomer !!! :drinks:

well ,the end !!

left town around 7 30 am and arrived in albertville around 10 30 am.last run on tq 5.

still enough snow to ride ,only exit / entrance are muddy a bit.great day for riding.trail was nt too soft.

in the name of the president,the waitress and the cook ,i would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of those who supported our club again this season by buying trail passes ,took time to stop at the clubhouse for a visit and say hello !!....and i know i missed a few.

very appreciated!! :good:

i said it before ,i like geography a lot and meeting members from different states/provinces ,always interesting!!

also a big THANK YOU to rob for giving me the chance to post tons and tons of pics.merci !!

i ll post again few mooses /scenery pics during the summer .

thank you all ,have a nice and safe summer !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Thanks Jean-Guy!! Have a great off season.

hi 14 snow !!

thanks !! now ,its the looooooooooong wait to go to the camp.april is the worse month for me during a year.worse than november/december waiting for the snow.

caught between 2 seasons and there s not much to do here.

pic 2 and 3 ,about 2 miles before arriving to the clubhouse.

well ,the end !!

left town around 7 30 am and arrived in albertville around 10 30 am.last run on tq 5.

still enough snow to ride ,only exit / entrance are muddy a bit.great day for riding.trail was nt too soft.

in the name of the president,the waitress and the cook ,i would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of those who supported our club again this season by buying trail passes ,took time to stop at the clubhouse for a visit and say hello !!....and i know i missed a few.

very appreciated!! :good:

i said it before ,i like geography a lot and meeting members from different states/provinces ,always interesting!!

also a big THANK YOU to rob for giving me the chance to post tons and tons of pics.merci !!

i ll post again few mooses /scenery pics during the summer .

thank you all ,have a nice and safe summer !!

hi jack - sandi and fuzzy600ho !!

bienvenue !!thanks for the comments.

snowed a bit here this morning ,2'' max, up the hills.wet snow.

hope to be lucky to see a lot of mooses at my camp during the week ends and be able to take close shots,very close.

have a great summer too!!

pics from the last run on tq 5,april 2

HEY GROOMER, LOOKS LIKE I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON AND NEVER DID POST WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY LAST NIGHT,, SORRY ABOUT THAT !! ANYHOW,, THANKS A MILLION FOR ALL THE PICS, UPDATES AND INFO YOU POST THUR OUT THE SEASON,,I DO APPRECIATE YOUR INFO,, BEEN IN YOUR AREA ACOUPLE YEARS AGO, DID NOT KNOW WHO A " GROOMER " OR JEAN GUY WAS THAN, EVEN STOPPED BY YOUR CLUB HOUSE A FEW TIMES, GASPE THE BEST BY FAR!!! DO TO A LITTLE HEALTH ISSUE THE LAST COUPLE YEARS ,I HAVE BEEN " SIDELINED " FROM THE SPORT FOR A WHILE.. AS YOU RECALL,, YOU AND I CHATTED THAT YOU HAD THE SAME LITTLE PROBLEM ONE TIME,,I AM STILL DEALING WITH THAT A LITTLE ,, NOT SAFE/WISE TO BE THAT FAR FROM HOME,, S-O-O-O-O YOUR GREAT PICS IS THE NEXT BEST THING !!! THANKS,, HAVE A SAFE AND GREAT SUMMER,, HAVE A GOOD CLIMB / HIKE WITH YOU BUDDY IN A FEW WEEKS,

FUZZY 600HO

hi again fuzzy600ho!!

thank you.

about the ''problem '' ,i decided last night to cancell our trip in the chic chocs because of that.since last week end i don t feel safe/secure because of it.spent the week ''off balance ''.this is not too funny to endure.i ve been in 4 public places this week and did my ''things '' in a hurry before bad luck happen.hurried up to go back on the couch.

even right at this ''second '' ,feel ''off balance''.

wife of the ex-operator have the same problem but not as worse as me.i know a girl in ste marguerite,she s a lot worse than me.it can happen to her many times a week.

hope this won t happen while grooming ,could be enough to stop grooming,specially if sledders stop by to help.i m already shy like that ,don t need help (no insults ) from others.i rather deal with that alone.

have a great summer too and hoping will meet one day !!

old pics at the camp,kind of pics i like ,when they are close .

mcstar ,if you read this,look at the ears,all straight up !! all smile !! :lol::lol:

few pics from today.left at 10 am.too cold and windy earlier in the morning.still enough snow for one more week depending of the weather.

very windy in ste marguerite !!still 8-10'high snow banks there.

last pic ,lost my cap for my lense somewhere there.did nt find it.

groomer !!!

few pics from today.left at 10 am.too cold and windy earlier in the morning.still enough snow for one more week depending of the weather.

very windy in ste marguerite !!still 8-10'high snow banks there.

last pic ,lost my cap for my lense somewhere there.did nt find it.

groomer !!!

Groomer,

As I sit here in Florida now after driving 20 hours with my wife, daughter and her friend and 2 dogs I still wish I was where you are! Seeing the pics of the trails still in that kind of shape makes me want to saddle up and ride.It's been a great 4 days down here so far sunny and in the mid 80's every day. We'll be headed back on Sat. Have a great summer and we will be back next March for sure, Hopefully twice!

hi jackstraw!!

even if it was very windy,great day for riding!!from ste marguerite to the cb,not even a sled track.from town to ste marguerite,only 2 sled tracks.trail was still in good shape.

from the shortcut for albertville to the cb ,no rocks,no dirt,just snow.

there s still enough snow for you to come back for a short ride !!ha !! ha !!!

have a great summer too and hope to see you again next season !!!

at the end of the afternoon ,i returned to ste marguerite with my truck to pick up the signage from the cb to ste marguerite.on the way back ,i heard on the radio ,we might have 4 to 6 '' tomorrow !!!

Bobby--- Glad I am not the only one who cannot stop looking at the pictures from Gaspe...Great job on the video... :clapping:

Jim---You are not missing anything here in the Northeast, been either raining or cloudy and miserable...Come on May - June...Have a safe trip home... :blink:

Groomer, Finally having been to your "Paradise" it is fun to know exactly where those pictures are taken. I love the Bobcat photo from camp, my favorite animals are the big predators, wolves, big cats. I must remember it is OK to "Pet" moose but ears must be "up" then they are smiling...

I will be back to Gaspe if the crew will have me. I can't wait... :drinks:

Here ya go Jean Guy I made a video of some of our pics. Enjoy hope to see you in March again :drinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KZ45fBBkw

hi bobby !!

thanks for sharing!!great video and very well done.

nice to see pics from my area.great pics of mount logan...even awesome !!

at 11:58 ,i took a few seconds to realize that it was where i turn around at the bridge.

have a great summer and see you next season !!

Bobby--- Glad I am not the only one who cannot stop looking at the pictures from Gaspe...Great job on the video... :clapping:

Jim---You are not missing anything here in the Northeast, been either raining or cloudy and miserable...Come on May - June...Have a safe trip home... :blink:

Groomer, Finally having been to your "Paradise" it is fun to know exactly where those pictures are taken. I love the Bobcat photo from camp, my favorite animals are the big predators, wolves, big cats. I must remember it is OK to "Pet" moose but ears must be "up" then they are smiling...

I will be back to Gaspe if the crew will have me. I can't wait... :drinks:

hi phil !!

back from st alexandre and lac saumon ,local trails.left around 8 amand back at noon.

must be great for you to recognize places from the pics i post.i ll be very happy too !!on the other post,pics with the treestand (sp),taken in that long hill before arriving to the cable bridge .roughly 2 miles.

right !!!if the ears are up, no problems ,but if they're down or the hair on the back are straight up .prepare yourself to run.ha!!ha !!personnally i always look at the ears,specially when i have the chance to go toward them as close as possible.

few years back,a guy working on the duniere reserve started to walk toward a female to have close shots.he did nt see she had a calf (happened late may).so,when he realized ,it was too late to run for his truck.female started to run for the guy and ''bulldozed'' him in the ditch !!! guy saw a few ''stars ''( ha!!ha !!) and woke up later in the ditch.he was in bad shape.that guy is roughly 250 pounds.

if one day this happen to you and you don t have time to run,start screaming as loudly as possible.might help to stop them.

glad you enjoyed your first gaspesie trip !!

pic 2: not the greatest ,on the left side of the barn,about 200' .this is where i got stuck with the ''gilbert '' back in march.

pic 3 : up the hill on the other side of the barn ,with clearcut on the left side.

finally found the pics.

phil ,easier to see 50+ mooses than one bobcat.normally when i see one ,they just run .they don t waste their time.must be very lucky to have time to take pics.pics of this one ,early morning on my way to build our new camp back in july 08.about a quarter mile from the cabin i was at the lake.

pics of the one on the other post.it was at the camp.in the old one.was seating at the table :drinks: ,he was right in front of the door and took the pics from the inside of the camp.

bear,beaver,duck,coyote and bobcat are though to take pics of.like i said ,they dont waste their time.....unless you have an awesome ''bazooka ''( lens ) to take a close shot.though to approach them even if you don t make noise.

ps:snowing here!!!.....heavy time to time !! :lol:

groomer !!!

Thanks Groomer... That is a beautiful cat :good:

Again do you want to trade places with me??? :lol:

The Summer of 2012 I am planning to a motorcycle tour of The Gaspesie with one to 3 other guys. It will be 700 miles from PA to where the good riding begins but I want to see your beautiful peninsula in the summer...