Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi phil !!

where i turn around ,it s the assemetquagan river.on the pics ,may 6 ,causapscal river,north side of town.about 8 miles.

first 2 pics on the post with the clearcut,just below lake casault.

third one ,taken from ''pont kosap '' bridge on the causapscal river.kosap:shortcut for causapscal.

4th pic: at the falls ,about 1.5 miles lower.btw,if i remember well ,it s 300.00$$$ per day, per person to fish salmon there....guide included

right now in town ,at the ''forks '' ,river is about 2 ' lower than last sunday .looks way better.

groomer !!!

just for fun .yesterday ,went up to the 18 miles ,orange camp and turned around ''too much snow here !!!''

4w/snow ...pics with the 4 wheelers.on the way back ,saw the moose at moose/4w.then went to the 16 miles ,near the lake ''4w/mountains view '' .then turned around went up to the lake and back in town .

groomer !!!

just for fun .yesterday ,went up to the 18 miles ,orange camp and turned around ''too much snow here !!!''

4w/snow ...pics with the 4 wheelers.on the way back ,saw the moose at moose/4w.then went to the 16 miles ,near the lake ''4w/mountains view '' .then turned around went up to the lake and back in town .

groomer !!!

Glad you are starting to see moose again, Jean-Guy. We'll be looking forward to your pictures!

timbo

Glad you are starting to see moose again, Jean-Guy. We'll be looking forward to your pictures!

timbo

bonjour timbo !!

thanks.at this time of the year ,can see mooses anytime of the day.just too bad ,it was way too windy monday.might return tomorrow for another ride.looks like it s going to be a rainy week end.

pics from last year,june 6 th.moose entering the yard of the camp.

groomer !!!

bonjour timbo !!

thanks.at this time of the year ,can see mooses anytime of the day.just too bad ,it was way too windy monday.might return tomorrow for another ride.looks like it s going to be a rainy week end.

pics from last year,june 6 th.moose entering the yard of the camp.

groomer !!!

Groomer,, You stil have to much snow to get to your cabin I asume?? ,, Moose pics are near your cabin I believe?? Youar are good with that camera

Great Pics! As always.

It'll help me get through the Summer months.

Thanks

GutZ

hi gutz !!

thanks !!like riding at this time of the year.110 miles in the woods and alone,no traffic .saw 9 deers yesterday.

pic 1 :about 10/12 miles outside town.farm on the right ,town is down in the valley right in front.

shortcut for albertville ,from the middle of the pic ,a bit on the left .albertville is in front of the farm .

pic with 4w,coming back from the lake .i had a deer in front of me.

birds ,just too bad .i had the wrong mode.not enough ''speed ''.walked about 1500' in a field.they were parked there.there was probably near to a thousand .

groomer !!!

great pics looks like spring has set in up north as well

ya,looks like next week should be a sunny one.next week end could be my first one at the camp .

i don t want to make big ruts on the road if it s still too muddy or wet .

pics from may 8 th ,last year ......about 3 miles from the camp.

groomer !!!

back from a 115 miles ride.greaaaaat day ....but bad weather,rained this morning and foggy in the afternoon.left after diner.

14 mooses,4 deers,a dozen + of rabbits,few partridges and ducks.

pic 3 with the camp,half a mile from park matane .north side of my camp.

groomer !!!

always the same moose.saw the moose at 400' maybe.i was on top of a hill.put the 4 w on neutral to go down the hill ,then started walking closer and closer.

spent a good 20 mins there.

groomer !!!

always the same moose.saw the moose at 400' maybe.i was on top of a hill.put the 4 w on neutral to go down the hill ,then started walking closer and closer.

spent a good 20 mins there.

groomer !!!

Hey Groomer, It appears moose in last pic is not a "happy camper " ,,, Ears not looking good,,,

Hey Groomer, It appears moose in last pic is not a "happy camper " ,,, Ears not looking good,,,

hi fuzzy600ho!!!

ha !! ha !! strange to say that,i see that as more as a sign of ''shyness ''!!

spent nearly 20 mins there within 50' and the moose never made a bad move.i wanted to get closer ,but there was a wood embankment (maybe not the right word) between us.

therewas 2 more on the other side of the road.

if you at post 1124 ,pics 5 and 7 .i was at the bottom of the road.moose was on the right .my camp is 1 mile on the right in straight line.

post 1131,pic 7, i was right where you see the snow on the road,at the bottom of the hill.camp is 1 mile behind the 4w.

almost a miracle ,sunny a bit !!

groomer !!!

hi fuzzy600ho!!!

ha !! ha !! strange to say that,i see that as more as a sign of ''shyness ''!!

spent nearly 20 mins there within 50' and the moose never made a bad move.i wanted to get closer ,but there was a wood embankment (maybe not the right word) between us.

therewas 2 more on the other side of the road.

if you at post 1124 ,pics 5 and 7 .i was at the bottom of the road.moose was on the right .my camp is 1 mile on the right in straight line.

post 1131,pic 7, i was right where you see the snow on the road,at the bottom of the hill.camp is 1 mile behind the 4w.

almost a miracle ,sunny a bit !!

groomer !!!

I may be wrong, but when the ears are back I thought they where looking for a belly rub.

I may be wrong, but when the ears are back I thought they where looking for a belly rub.

hi jackstraw !!

if you want to volunteer ,no problems. :lol:

back in the 80's ,i went with some friends camping at ''etang a truite '' on park matane .there s many natural mud holes for mooses there.

so at 4 am ,we were at the ''hole '' sitting in a tree stand waiting to see mooses.tired to wait ,me and a friend went directly in the hole.there s a specific place where they drink water .suddently female arrived .she was drinking water about 3' from us.great time for a ''belly rub ''.spent 2 hrs in the hole.great experience !!

trail 595 must be less than 20/25 miles east of etang a truite.can t remember exactly ,i have nt been in that area in many years.

at the ''41 miles '',if you go straight ,about 25 miles for the faribault camp.

if you turn right ,about 30 miles from la cache.

groomer !!!

i made a ''special du chef '' today !!ha !! ha !!

i went toward l'alverne .according to the signage and mileage , i probably turned around 8-9 miles from l alverne.

first 2 pics ,where i turned around .on the second pic ,i turned to the right for a few 100' ,but too much snow.i guess it s a brand new clearcut from last winter.

from the pic with the sign ''st andré '',very narrow for the next 4 miles.not much room to meet the groomer til the sign l alverne 38 km.

the lake ,is lake dubé .trail is right in front .

all pics on the way back!!

groomer !!!

A couple really nice water fall pictures! You are getting some very nice shots with your new camera.

hi smclelan !!

thanks !!just too bad,i had nt my tripod,so i put my camera on my knee to save a bit of shaking.i ll try not to forget next year.found the water falls on the way back.from the other post,pic 8 ,on the right side of the 4 w.

pic 4 ,going down the last hill before the cb.cross point side.

forgot ,yesterday missed a bobcat climbing down a tree stand .saw him way too late and i was going too fast.also , i missed a beaver at the little bridge near the camp.15' away .i stopped ,he was ''paralised'' in the water and samething for me ,forgot to take a pic. :lol:

tomorrow ,i should be at the lake for the week end !!! :drinks:

mcstar ,if you read this ,last 2 pics ,where we met in the morning .

groomer !!!

thanks phil!!

i was there last wednesday with my 4 w around 6 30 pm and the lake was full of ice at 98% ,but the ice was all ''black ''.thursday the lake was free of ice,only a little ''iceberg '' left friday night while i was taking pics.

dissapeared saturday afternoon,pics with the ducks on the ice ,saturday morning.

mooses pics from last week ,right on the other side of the mountain,pic 3 and 4 on the other post,samething for the porcupine.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

huge black cloud came over town last night!!great time to take pics.

heavy thunder and lightnings around 9 pm.

you re looking toward albertville and lac saumon.took the pics fronm the road going up to ste marguerite.not even 2 miles outside town,just up the hills.

groomer !!!