Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

last night!!

last week has been very hot and humid !!saw a little bull and a female last night within a mile from the camp.not fast enough to take pics.

i need snow ,ha !!ha !!ha !!

groomer !!!

Great Pics as usual!

I hear you, I pray for Snow!

Wife won't even let me use the "S" word till September, if I'm lucky.

Later

GutZ

ha!!ha!!ha!!

i don t have that problem.im a Single person and i can use the ''S'' word every Single day!!! :lol::lol:

found that strange flower, pics 4 and 5 yesterday morning while riding my 4w.

groomer !!!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

i don t have that problem.im a Single person and i can use the ''S'' word every Single day!!! :lol::lol:

found that strange flower, pics 4 and 5 yesterday morning while riding my 4w.

Groomer , Joni say's pic 4 & 5 is Fox Glove it's common name also know as Digitalis which it's leaves are made into drug to stimulate the heart.Great pic as usual Groomer. Have safe one.Farmerold

groomer !!!

hi farmerold !!

glad to hear from you!!

thanks to you and joni for the info.i ll do a search on the net to know a little bit more about that flower.first time i see that kind of flower in my area.....and i ride tons of miles in the woods with my 4w.

thanks again and bonjour to joni !!!

jean-guy

GREAT PICS GROOMER, ( AS ALWAYS ) MUCH BETTER PICS THAN A LOT OF MAGAZINES,, WHICH YOU PAY FOR!!! NO QUESTION HERE, YOU ARE VERY VERY GOOD WITH A CAMERA,, YOU NEED TO PUT A "COIN BOX" OUT ON THE TRAIL,,,, YOU WOULD HAVE "DONATIONS" DUE TO THE QUIALITY AND INFO YOU POST,, ( A MOOSE MIGHT RAID YOUR BOX HOWEVER,, HA HA ) AS SOMEONE SAID BEFORE, ON ANOTHER POST,, YOU KEEP REMINDING US OF THE GREAT AREA,,, BOTH SUMMER AND WINTER THAT WE JUST CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF,, THANKS, AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE SUMMER,,

FUZZY600HO

GREAT PICS GROOMER, ( AS ALWAYS ) MUCH BETTER PICS THAN A LOT OF MAGAZINES,, WHICH YOU PAY FOR!!! NO QUESTION HERE, YOU ARE VERY VERY GOOD WITH A CAMERA,, YOU NEED TO PUT A "COIN BOX" OUT ON THE TRAIL,,,, YOU WOULD HAVE "DONATIONS" DUE TO THE QUIALITY AND INFO YOU POST,, ( A MOOSE MIGHT RAID YOUR BOX HOWEVER,, HA HA ) AS SOMEONE SAID BEFORE, ON ANOTHER POST,, YOU KEEP REMINDING US OF THE GREAT AREA,,, BOTH SUMMER AND WINTER THAT WE JUST CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF,, THANKS, AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE SUMMER,,

FUZZY600HO

hi fuzzy600ho !!

ha !! ha !! ha !! thank you very much !!! often at the beginning of the season or in late march ,early april ,there s always mooses track near the signage.i don t think the ''coin box '' will last all winter,mooses will probably ''bulldoze it '' during the season or me falling asleep while grooming.never happened tho.

i wish i could ride a lot more in the woods.i know tons of roads between home, la cache ,park matane and duniere reserve.i slowed a lot ,i was burning waaaaayy too much gas and too much mileage.i ride around the camp with the 4w now.

talking about moose,last night i was talking with my sister.matapedia river is right behind the house.so, last saturday a guy was fishing salmon and suddently ,moose appeared in the river for a quick spin/swim, then made a u-turn and back in the woods.

well , i did nt know which pics to post ,looks like it s going to be a hot week again,so winter pics won t hurt.just to tease members !!!ha!!ha !!ha !!

mount hog's back ,gaspesie park, back in april with smclelan !!

jean-guy

just for fun!! i work around ste marguerite since 3 weeks.last thursday , i moved just next to that long straight(tq5) just west of ste marguerite.i m roughly 1 mile off tq 5 .

so this morning ,just before arriving to the job(in the last mile ) must climb a hill.i noticed a white spot very far away on the west side.

took my binoculars and i realized it was the wind mills somewhere around st alexis-l' ascension area.i have no idea where they are exactly.even without the binoculars ,can see them.

here to the st alexis bridge (road 132) roughly 30 miles.35 for matapedia.so i guess they are at least 25-30 miles away ,maybe more.there was 4 big cranes and 2 small ones.some had no blades yet .

groomer !!!

geography 101 !!!....ha!!ha!!ha!!!

pics taken this morning where i work just west of ste marguerite.you can see the windmills in the area of st alexis/st francois/l ascension .trail 587 is somewhere in there.

on the second pic ,they are in the first 1/3 of the pic from the right.

if you look closely ,you can see the cranes.fog must come from the matapedia river.on top of the mountains ,there s a hydro power lines,on the left side of the windmills .could be the same one crossing road 132 between matapedia and cross point.

pic 4 ,dirt road,tq 5 ,just west of ste marguerite.there s a stop sign about 1 mile from there and you must turn right to go toward truck logging road.

human eye is considered to be 50 mm .the closest you can see the windmills,i zoomed at 300mm.

groomer !!!

300mm, and you could see them!

Good eyes, and a great beard!

MrGutZ

ha!!ha!!

sure ,no problems.once you where they are ,you can see them with the naked eyes....unless there s too much warm air and humidity.that s why i took my pics early this morning .light is cleaner.

if you wait too much during the day ,when you ll zoom ,you re going to ''collect'' the warm and humidity and you re going to have sh?????? pics !!!early morning or after supper to have clean light !!

if you look at the pic with the drag , i took the pic from the lowest clearcut.you can see there s a patch of wood in the clearcut ,when i left this afternoon ,i was right on the left side of that patch,almost on top of the clearcut.

ste marguerite is right on the other side of the mountain.i arrive from the other side of the curve.the entrance is right there to go up the mountain .

groomer !!! :drinks:

Groomer, did you get a new lens for your camera???

Photo's are lookin' great.

thanks longriderss!!

still have the same lenses.70/300mm and the 18/105mm.when im not in a hurry ,i take time to use the best setting as possible.

fiday night ,left the camp at 10hrs45 pm to go to the lake.on my way there ,lightnings.but once at the lake ...boooooooooooommmm !!!awesome thunder and lightnings til 2 30 am.greatest show of the summer !!very nice!!

sorry if some looks alike !!

groomer !!!

nice pics i enjoy looking at them how about some winter pics

btw do you ore anyelse on here have a facebook ? i have many pics and vids there

hi coldsmoke !!

here s few !!

im on fb too,but don t post much pics there.too many ''supposed ''friends are waiting for me to post my pics.i post 100 here for 1 on fb.i send my pics by e mails to my closest friends.

except for pic 1 (lake) all tq 5.

groomer !!!

It was nicer day when we met there.Do you GPS location?

Are you getting new Bull this winter?

Great pic's to look at on hot muggy day thank's.

hi farmerold !!

according to google earth :...lat 48.316938

long:67.0119

roughly 5-6 miles east of ste marguerite .

looks like i ll keep the same bull next winter.i don t see much those guys from albertville during the summer,so i don t have news from the club.

it 'll too funny to have a new one !!!surtrac will be 12 y/o next february.can t remember exactly 55/5600 hrs on the meter.

groomer !!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Thank You Groomer I really need a snow "fix"... Been hot as hell here all Summer.

Phil

bienvenue !!

strange weather again here last saturday night.wish my english could be better.saw a video of a huge cloud of fog/humidity/rain moving very fast/and windy taken in rimouski saturday night .very impressive!!

saturday night ,i arrived at the lake just before darkness.took pics of the lake .while taking pics ,weather changed suddently.black clouds and windy like hell !!just crazy !!

groomer !!!