Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

saw a female about half mile from the camp this morning.she was in a ''shadow '' area,so ,my reaction time was nt too fast.no pics.

then about half a mile further ,another moose on the road.he was so far ,could nt tell what it was ,about 900'.started to walk.so ,the bull is the guilt about the leg of the tree stand..saw him for 15-20 mins.while walking ,there was another one calling on the left side of the road.

after that ,went in a small clearcut,i was on way to put my foot on the ladder ,lots of noise.hurried up to see what it was.another female ,she started to run and whooopsss!! the calf.she ''clutched '' for the road ,about 400' away .climbed down the stree stand runned ,''wide open '' for the road.almost perfect timing !!!

did nt even wait 5 ''.here s the mom+calf crossing the road!!!

with all the calls i heard,there was 7-8 mooses on our territory .by 7 45 am ,i returned to that tree stand ,with the missing leg.i could hear a coyote barking maybe 2-3 miles !!

suddently ,there was one in the clearcut less than 800' from .he started to bark.whoooooooooooooooooo!!!whoooooooo!!

i thought it was the fire truck coming !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Thank you Groomer, for the picture - Sitting in my office here in PA with it raining outside like cats and dogs :angry: I needed something enjoyable to look at so I do not bite someone's head off.

I'm better now!

Schooter

saw a female about half mile from the camp this morning.she was in a ''shadow '' area,so ,my reaction time was nt too fast.no pics.

then about half a mile further ,another moose on the road.he was so far ,could nt tell what it was ,about 900'.started to walk.so ,the bull is the guilt about the leg of the tree stand..saw him for 15-20 mins.while walking ,there was another one calling on the left side of the road.

after that ,went in a small clearcut,i was on way to put my foot on the ladder ,lots of noise.hurried up to see what it was.another female ,she started to run and whooopsss!! the calf.she ''clutched '' for the road ,about 400' away .climbed down the stree stand runned ,''wide open '' for the road.almost perfect timing !!!

did nt even wait 5 ''.here s the mom+calf crossing the road!!!

with all the calls i heard,there was 7-8 mooses on our territory .by 7 45 am ,i returned to that tree stand ,with the missing leg.i could hear a coyote barking maybe 2-3 miles !!

suddently ,there was one in the clearcut less than 800' from .he started to bark.whoooooooooooooooooo!!!whoooooooo!!

i thought it was the fire truck coming !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

SUPER PICS GROOMER as you always post,,,

How is the Honda ATV doing? How many "klicks" on the quad by now? New a year or year and half ago I believe???

Do remember you posting pics of your new ride,not sure time frame.

Looks a little frosty there this morning? Or just wishful thinking on my part?? Way to hot here however! You help us get thur the long HOT summer days with pics/info,, until we can enjoy your great area or "play ground" we love, Thanks Groomer,, I do apprecite it,, Wish I could buy you a "cold one" right now!!! Fuzzy 600HO

SUPER PICS GROOMER as you always post,,,

How is the Honda ATV doing? How many "klicks" on the quad by now? New a year or year and half ago I believe???

Do remember you posting pics of your new ride,not sure time frame.

Looks a little frosty there this morning? Or just wishful thinking on my part?? Way to hot here however! You help us get thur the long HOT summer days with pics/info,, until we can enjoy your great area or "play ground" we love, Thanks Groomer,, I do apprecite it,, Wish I could buy you a "cold one" right now!!! Fuzzy 600HO

hi fuzzy 600ho!!

bienvenue !!

honda is doing fine !!almost at 8000km.need less than 50 klicks !!bought 4 new tires this morning.

bought it in october 09 or maybe late sept.i do most of my mileage in the spring time and after moose hunting.right now ,don t ride much ,there s too many hunters near the camp ,don t want to bother them.

i ll start riding again next monday.there s 2 weeks ''off'' between bow and rifle hunting!!

during the summer i use it ,to ''taxi '' between my camp and the lake !!

thanks for the cold one ,i drank enough since last thursday !!ha!!ha!!another wine bottle is waiting for me tonight for supper !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you Groomer, for the picture - Sitting in my office here in PA with it raining outside like cats and dogs :angry: I needed something enjoyable to look at so I do not bite someone's head off.

I'm better now!

Schooter

hi schooter !!

good for you !!

like i said ,sunny since last friday !!probably the best weather since last year.lots and lots of rain here since last may.

at the camp,first time i see the level of water low like that since summer 2010.

time to go back in the woods!!friends are waiting for me !!

I think you are over weight on that 4 wheeler...

Sunny here in PA today, have not seen the sun for a long time, tons of rain lately...

I am going to sit on the patio tonight and drink some wine... B)

Great stuff groomer time for a bigger 4 wheeler

Phil the wine will be going down tonight fur sure to much overtime this week I got over 4 inchs of rain this week

you going to the syracuse snowmobile show this weekend

I think you are over weight on that 4 wheeler...

Sunny here in PA today, have not seen the sun for a long time, tons of rain lately...

I am going to sit on the patio tonight and drink some wine... B)

hi phil !!

i don t think so !!ha!!ha!! i did a lot worse than that on my old 450 !!

just too bad you're too far ,im alone at the camp since a week to drink wine !! :drinks:

ps: rob or a moderator ,could you fix that small pic please ???....if its not too much troubles !!! merci !!

awesome this morning to take pics ,windy and warm .clouds were moving very ,so light was changing all the time .

groomer !!!

Phil the wine will be going down tonight fur sure to much overtime this week I got over 4 inchs of rain this week

hi crazysnow !!

i need a trailer!!used to have one ,but loaded it too much ,i bent the frame !!

back to the camp by 2 pm.

all pics,this morning!!

all yesterday !!

fuzzy600ho ,checked this morning before coming back ,7985 clicks !!!

That's a lot of "clicks"Groomer,, Hells Bells, around here if machine has 2000 / 2500 clicks some people think worn out,junk,,, not the truth at all if you service and take care of 4 wheeler,,,You can use very hard,, BUT service and maintance the key. Like your new "sneakers" on machine too ,, I see why you needed new tread with all the mud/wet you are going thur to get a "little" load of wood,, HA HA Don't believe a man could get one addtition stick on machine,,, Great pics,, as always.

fuzzy 600ho

That's a lot of "clicks"Groomer,, Hells Bells, around here if machine has 2000 / 2500 clicks some people think worn out,junk,,, not the truth at all if you service and take care of 4 wheeler,,,You can use very hard,, BUT service and maintance the key. Like your new "sneakers" on machine too ,, I see why you needed new tread with all the mud/wet you are going thur to get a "little" load of wood,, HA HA Don't believe a man could get one addtition stick on machine,,, Great pics,, as always.

fuzzy 600ho

my nephew was at the camp last week end.he saw one at the dealership of my brother with 50,000km.my older brother saw pics of one on a french forum ,guy from l s j with 62 or 64 000km !!!so ,mine is still brand new.

i take more care of this one.i bulldozed a lot my 450cc !!ha!!ha!!

must go ,im late a bit !!back monday !!

groomer !!!

No time to go to Syracuse this year, was there last year.

Groomer...I wish I were closer too...

this morning again !!

saw the mom close to 1000' off the road.started walking and calling time to time .then ,''junior '' appeared in the scenery ......whoops !!!then his sister or brother !!

great morning ,clouds were low,foggy and no winds !!still a bit too warm tho .no frost since last wednesday !!

groomer !!!

3 mooses together ,tuesday morning.30'' before that ,i missed 5 together ,they were about 25' from the road ,but behind a huge pile of trees.

yesterday ,went in the swamps to take a few pics .mom+calf and the one alone this morning.was nt too warm to ride the 4w at -7c!! not use to cold temps yet !!

smclelan,pics with lake .on the left side of the lac frenette dam ,yesterday afternoon.we were on the top right of the pics.i let my 4w run idle and walked about 1200' in the woods and ''landed '' on that end of the lake.

love on the road !!ha!!ha!!ha!! :lol::lol::lol:

wednesday morning while riding saw those 2 lovers in the middle of the road,1.5 miles from the camp.

the rooster was trying to ''gain '' the heart of that queen ,doing his ''nuptial dance'' making circle around her and showing his wings and feather !!almost funny to see that.

looks like he was a bad dancer ,she dumped him on the side of the road !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

this morning ,while riding ,he was almost at the same place looking for another queen i guess !!

random pics !!

p-1 ...ste marguerite

p-2...yesterday afternoon !!

p-3...the lake ,camp is 2 miles in straight line on the right.

p-4...used to park the groomer near those farms.the house in the middle .just outside town.albertville ,few miles in front .

p-5..behind the 4w ,road for the lake ,about 4 miles before arriving to the lake.

p-6..this morning near the camp.frost on the road .

love on the road !!ha!!ha!!ha!! :lol::lol::lol:

wednesday morning while riding saw those 2 lovers in the middle of the road,1.5 miles from the camp.

the rooster was trying to ''gain '' the heart of that queen ,doing his ''nuptial dance'' making circle around her and showing his wings and feather !!almost funny to see that.

looks like he was a bad dancer ,she dumped him on the side of the road !!ha!!ha!!ha!!

this morning ,while riding ,he was almost at the same place looking for another queen i guess !!

Tu marches en tabarnac!!! J-G... that's a tétras des Savanes. Awesome pics :good:

hi timbo !!

thanks !!just back from the saq !!!ha!!ha!!should be back monday ,maybe sunday.friend wants to paint the floor !!

salut mid-range !!

ha!!ha!!ha!!just too bad que les buchers cé pas comme en 03 et 04.j aurais t'en montré une (**&?%%$% de charge d orignal.notre ''territoire '' environ 2 milles x 1.5 milles.mon meilleur matin 18 .dans 3-4 semaines en ligne au camp ,154 orignal.je ne verrai plus jamais ca.y nous reste environ 10% de buchers ,comparé a l automne 2000.plus de chances d 'en voir dans le chemin.

notre territoire ,a l horizontal avec la ''tour du cn jusqu au reculon a droite en descendant au sud de la photo.sur une des 2 photos,tu peux en rajouté une 20 aines .j avais commencer a prendre des notes 3-4 jrs apres mon arrivée au camp.

the 2 pics ,just to show you how it was back in 03 and 04 .i was taking notes at that time .my best morning ,only at the camp,18 mooses.154 mooses in 3 or 4 weeks in a row.still remember ,there was 23 different mooses on our ''territory !!

time to go back !!