Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

jean-guy

I must agree with Crazy Snow.

When ever I am having a tought day at work (most days), I turn to Quebec Rider and look at your photos, They have helped me get through some of the B. S. you need to deal with at work.

Please keep on taking them and I will keep on enjoying them

Schooter

jean-guy

I must agree with Crazy Snow.

When ever I am having a tought day at work (most days), I turn to Quebec Rider and look at your photos, They have helped me get through some of the B. S. you need to deal with at work.

Please keep on taking them and I will keep on enjoying them

Schooter

hi schooter !!

merci !! taking pics ,it s a great way to relax !!i do the same ,time to time i look at the pics of some of my friends !!

when bow hunting (moose) will begin at the end of the month ,hope to be lucky to see mooses ,as close as possible and take tons of pics.i ll be alone at the camp 95% of the time and it s great time to enjoy photography .wake up early to take pics and try to the same at night .

yesterday ,i bought an extra memory card in rimouski ,just in case i could take way too many late sept and october .

btw ,went to the z e c office about an hr ago.they had 2 pics of an albinose moose.the girl there did nt want to tell where it was on the z e c ......because she knows that i know waaaay too many roads and trails on the z e c......just too bad!!

all pics on tq 5 ,except first one ,few hundred feet from the ''stump '' on the way up to the lake .

jean-guy

Groomer great stuff. Is that the trails will be riding ?

hi crazysnow !!

i guess yes !! the part of tq 5 i groom ,its between my town,causapscal down to mid way toward cross point.i turn around roughly 25 miles east ,at the st fidele cable bridge .

jean-guy

well ,i don t know how to say that ??? mad trapper from nova scotia (ha!!ha!!) came up here late thursday afternoon.so we went to my camp.

while riding the 4w friday morning ,found a dead moose about 12 miles south of my camp.60 miles of riding.

went back to the camp,then around 5 pm ,left for another ride .40 miles.saw 3 mooses.just to bad,great night to see mooses but windy like helllllllllll!!!

took a few pics of the camp.waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better.can even see the stars !!

the bridge on the pic was part of the faribault trail back in 98/99.about 12 miles north of my camp.

groomer !!!

yesterday morning we went in the gaspesie park to climb mount richardson .awesome !!!! 5.8 km hike to go up there.about 3 hrs 15 m to climb.

just before arriving on top ,about half an hr ,saw a black bear close to half a mile away.

mountain with the yellow/brown/red stuff ,it s the plateau of mount albert.just on the left ,you can see the ''bowl''.we 've been there 2 years ago ,snowshoeing.

for those who use trail 595 often,you should be able to recognize the scenery !!

groomer !!!

mountain with a little shack on top,mount jacques-cartier.

on the way back ,i was looking at mount albert,with the sun shinning on the ''bowl '' ,just on top of the patroller's wall,right side of the bowl,i tought it was snow there because it was wet.so i guess there was still snow there not too long ago.

so,big thank you smclelan for the great week end !! im not shy to say that beer/wine/ha!!ha!!/riding and hiking has been AWESOME !!!

thanks again !!

ps : when you left ,i noticed that you slowed down a lot when you passed by my sister !!!!haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

thanks guys !!

i enjoyed every minutes of it !!just awesome scenery !!

if one day you use road 299 ,stop at the discovery center beside gite du mont albert and take 15-20 mins to looks at the pics !!just woooow!!!

crazysnow ,there s awesome scenery on trail 595 !!it s a must ''do '' trail .

on the second pic ,at the lowest point of the trail,turn left a bit and the bear was just over the tree line .kind of a grey spot.

groomer !!!

Sweet Groomer, I would love to hike those mountains...

Who is the Thug with you??? LOL

hi phil !!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

that thug was hitchhiking on the truck logging road on my way up to the park .so ,i gave him a chance, i stopped and gave him a ride!!where he was ,i knew there was a lot of black bears.i would nt be cheap and let him alone on the truck logging road....just in case!! asked him if he would like to come climbing mount richardson in the gaspesie park with me.he said yes right away !!!haaaaaaaaa!!!

seriously ,you missed something awesome!!we talked about that,it was our 4th one in the park and by far the one with the best scenery !!just woooow!!awesome 360' view !!

to situate you,on the map ,serpentine shelter is right in the middle of the ''bowl '' of mount albert !!

if one day you would like to come with us ,don t be shy to ask.plenty of room at the camp.you bring your own beer and wine and we'll take care of it !!! :lol::lol::p:p

if one day you would like to come with us ,don t be shy to ask.plenty of room at the camp.you bring your own beer and wine and we'll take care of it !!!

And Sir I may just take up on that offer... beer & wine no problem :drinks:

if one day you would like to come with us ,don t be shy to ask.plenty of room at the camp.you bring your own beer and wine and we'll take care of it !!!

And Sir I may just take up on that offer... beer & wine no problem :drinks:

ha!!ha!!...seriously ,i was only joking about the beverages !!

you ll be very welcome !!

pics from december 06,same day i went riding with my truck on trail 595 .i was on the duniere reserve looking for mooses and found that bird.

i wish i could know what happened to that bird.looks like he just crashed there.no tracks of coyotes or something else.looks like he moved his head up and down and maybe his legs too!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

ha!!ha!!ha!! i can t stop laughing !!

you're right !!!time to go back home !!i was low with beverages and i blew my budget for gas guiding you all over the z e c !! :lol::lol::p:p

thanks again for coming and the great laughs !!!ha!!ha!!

almost forget ,showed your pics of myself to my sister and she wanted to congratulate you.she said that they were awesome !!!...and she's right !!

thanks again !!!

in less than a hour, i ll be on my way to my camp for the next month !!

i ll be back every monday and friday .hope to be lucky to see mooses.

luggages ..............check

memory cards 4g (2x)...check

food...................check

gas....................check

beer...................check

wine...................check

ha!!ha !!!ha!!

ps:just back from the grocery,spent 15/20 mins talking with the waitress !!! :p:p:p

back in town for a few hrs.awesome weather for me,but bad weather for hunters.waaaayy too warm.20 c right now.best 4 days in a row since last may.

saw mom + calf saturday at 6 37 am.way too far.at 8 15 am,the bull on the pic.he was already in 5th gear when i saw him.hurried up to call to break him.he stopped ,but at the wrong place ,between branches.

at least 2 mooses 800' from the camp this morning and a black bear let me a gift on the road half a mile from the camp .

my nephew told me ,that an atypical moose(antlers) has been shot on park matane ,like the video i posted last year.only 13 mooses down on the z e c ,not much,first week end usually is around 35-40.

few more for those who are ''stuck '' between 4 walls at their office !!

first pic,mom + calf were at the bottom of the hill last saturday morning.truck logging road is on top of those mountains.1 miles on the other side.from right to left .on the left side of the mountains ,you can see a road,1 mile before the ''18 miles '' on the t l r.

snow is coming ,took the pic of those birds last night ,on their way south !!

Great stuff as usual...Getting out of my office to ride my motorcycle this PM... Those bear tracks in the sand???

:drinks:

hi phil !!

merci !!

looks like bear tracks from that angle,but they are coyotes tracks.friday morning ,800' from the camp.

checked this morning for bear tracks ,but road was way too hard packed.no luck !!

don t know what happened to that first pic ,turned a quarter turn to the left .

traffic jam in the yard of the camp yesterday morning, on my way back from my moose run.

time to go !!

I miss Groomer's daily photos when he is out at the cabin.

thanks for your appreciation !!

well ,i was nt supposed to be here .last week end i broke the shifter on my 4w.ordered one monday and went up to amqui this morning.

no 4w at the camp is like no wine for supper !!ha!!ha!!ha!! aint worth to stay there!! :lol:

pic one ,birds going back north .

pic 3-4-5-6-... the same bull that i saw last saturday .he bulldozed one ''leg '' of the tree stand monday night to tuesday morning.

last pic ,blurred ,like that !!

still sunny here since last friday !!great weather !!

groomer !!!