Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Thanks Groomer... That is a beautiful cat :good:

Again do you want to trade places with me??? :lol:

The Summer of 2012 I am planning to a motorcycle tour of The Gaspesie with one to 3 other guys. It will be 700 miles from PA to where the good riding begins but I want to see your beautiful peninsula in the summer...

ha !! ha !! no thanks !! i rather stay up here !! :lol:

if you expect to come during summer 2012,keep a few hrs to go in the gaspesie park .you won t regret it.enter the park in ste anne des monts and go down at least to mount hog's back ,roughly 30 miles. about 12 miles before arriving to la cache .further south going toward new richmond ,mountains are not high.great scenery!!

ste anne des monts to new richmond ,road 299 ,100 miles across.

while looking for bobcat pics ,found those 2 pics.back in november 06 on the duniere reserve, looking for mooses.

i wish i could know what happened.no tracks of coyotes around the bird.looks like he suffered a bit ,looking at the snow ,legs and head moved.bad landing ???????

groomer !!!

forgot !!! about 4 '' of fesh snow and still snowing !!! :tease:

Thanks Groomer... Was that bird a Blue Heron???

I am going to have lots of time on our motorcycle tour, I plan on covering a lot of Gaspesie ground... :yahoo: I have printed your suggestions and I am sure I will have questions. Hopefully we can meet and drink some wine during that trip... :drinks: :wacko:

Edited by Phil 1

Thanks Groomer... Was that bird a Blue Heron???

I am going to have lots of time on our motorcycle tour, I plan on covering a lot of Gaspesie ground... :yahoo: I have printed your suggestions and I am sure I will have questions. Hopefully we can meet and drink some wine during that trip... :drinks: :wacko:

no problems ,just found that on the french forum ,here s a link of jedymaster ,a member here on qr.

pics from his site .left st jean de cherbourg ,east of matane ,then up for la cache - murdochville .on his way back ,he did a few miles toward new richmond.then back to la cache-faribault(trail 595) ,then up for st jean de cherbourg.

up to 3 ' of snow on the side of the trail,average

april 19 th !!!

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showAlbumListePhotos?canal=on&albumId=2274

groomer !!!

We covered all those trails end of last month. Amazing how much snow is still there. It would be fun to come & see how many area you can connect. Get a rock sled and have at it.

We covered all those trails end of last month. Amazing how much snow is still there. It would be fun to come & see how many area you can connect. Get a rock sled and have at it.

riding ''in land ''should be no problems at all.

i ll see how much snow left,im on my way to the gaspesie park this morning.i should have a few pics tonight.

-6c ....and sunny!!

groomer !!!

smclelan came up here yesterday afternoon.this morning we went in the chic-chocs to climb mount hog's back.awesome day .not too cold ,only very windy for the last half mile while on top.

after i took the first pic ,i turned around to take pics of the south side and the wind blew my hat down the mountain !! ha !! ha!!

pic 1 and 2 ,looking toward mount albert!!

not too rough for the legs ,we took many breaks on the way up.3.1 km

groomer !!!

Some great pictures Groomer, after looking at the first few I thought maybe you had gone snow shoeing alone. It was a perfect day weatherwise, and a great time. I will post a couple of my pictures when I get back to town, I am away working for a few days. I stopped in PALC on the way back, there was beer on sale, the car was hanging low when I left!!

ha !! ha !!

hi smclelan !!

im sure the wheels were wobbling and the car hard to steer :lol: !!

just for fun this morning ,went back on tq 5 toward ste marguerite.still no dirt yet.friend of mine and his brother were at the school bus on their way as close as possible to cross point.

groomer !!!

smclelan came up here yesterday afternoon.this morning we went in the chic-chocs to climb mount hog's back.awesome day .not too cold ,only very windy for the last half mile while on top.

after i took the first pic ,i turned around to take pics of the south side and the wind blew my hat down the mountain !! ha !! ha!!

pic 1 and 2 ,looking toward mount albert!!

not too rough for the legs ,we took many breaks on the way up.3.1 km

groomer !!!

Hey Groomer, Great pics as always,,, But, what's the history / story on the pile of rocks in pic # seven??

fuzzy 600 ho

hi phil and fuzzy600ho !!

nice place to see !!

those piles of rocks are inukshucks.inuits were using them to find their way,in a storm i guess and to hunt caribous.

pic 3 :mount albert on the left,devil's lake in the middle and mount olivine just nexton the right.

pic 4:murdochville is on the left side of that lake on the left of the pic.la cache is 12 miles lower.

pic 6:not 100% sure ,only a guess,the white mountain could be at the 41 miles on the truck logging road.you re looking west.trail 595 ,from left to right somewhere in the middle of the pic and a bit lower.

pic 7 :la cache is somewhere behind the mountains on the left.not too far.

groomer !!!

fuzzy in english those rock piles are called "Carins" you use them to guide yourself when there is no visibility. Above tree line they are trail markers no other way to mark the trails. I have been in the presidentials when you can't see from one to another and they are only 50' apart...

fuzzy in english those rock piles are called "Carins" you use them to guide yourself when there is no visibility. Above tree line they are trail markers no other way to mark the trails. I have been in the presidentials when you can't see from one to another and they are only 50' apart...

Thanks Phil 1,, I am not that "educated" on mounttain climbing,,now I know !!!

just for fun.i was looking at old pics.first 2 pics, last year april 17 th.first time at the camp.

pics 3 and 4 ,april 20th.on p-3 ,the white spot is mount albert.

just can t believe ,we are may 1 today.looks more like april 1.yesterday morning i went back on tq 5 ,at the shortcut for albertville ,just to see if i could find my cap for my lens.found it about 2 miles east of the truck logging road.....and there was still enough snow to go to the st fidele bridge.

i guess another 10-15 days before riding in the woods ,unless we have lots of rain.i should be at the lake this afternoon.

groomer !!!

Just thought I would add a few pictures I took while on the snow shoe trek with Groomer. I had a great time as usual. Neither of us went into cardiac arrest, which we felt was a real possibility when we started out. I would like to thank Jean Guy again for inviting me to see some more beautiful back country of the Gaspesie that he is lucky enough to call home.

post-5-0-56745100-1304298905_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-25657600-1304298916_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-15043200-1304298933_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-14483700-1304298942_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-51122400-1304298957_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-45433700-1304298967_thumb.jpg

Great stuff Groomer...I love your Paradise... :good:

that's why i don t why to trade place !!!

during the winter they plowed a few roads for logging.i went to visit new clearcuts and roads.on one road ,i turned around about 3 miles from my camp,but can t use that road with my truck during the summer.there s a brook to cross.

saw pics of the north side today ,can t transfert them here.probably around ste anne des monts .still tons of snow there.pics from april 23 th.

groomer !!! :drinks:

Just thought I would add a few pictures I took while on the snow shoe trek with Groomer. I had a great time as usual. Neither of us went into cardiac arrest, which we felt was a real possibility when we started out. I would like to thank Jean Guy again for inviting me to see some more beautiful back country of the Gaspesie that he is lucky enough to call home.

post-5-0-56745100-1304298905_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-25657600-1304298916_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-15043200-1304298933_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-14483700-1304298942_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-51122400-1304298957_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-45433700-1304298967_thumb.jpg

bienvenue steven !!

very happy with that hike.we did nt burn our legs right at the beginning and it showed on the way up.we were not ''dead '' like the other hike.

like the first pic,it shows how steep it is !!

jean-guy :drinks:

lots of rain since the last 2 days .

the bridge is about 1.5 miles lower than the one you use to go to albertville by the shortcut.halfway point between mtl and halifax when you take the train.

just started raining again !!!

groomer !!!

65 miles of riding this afternoon.went to check how much snow left toward my camp.

pic with the clearcut,lac casault on the z e c .fog on the mountains ,park matane.

50/50 ...rain and sunshine .

groomer !!!

just back from an 80 miles ride.went to check how much snow left toward the camp.few more days i guess.

saw my first moose of the season on the way back ,then went to the lake before coming back home.

frost here this morning ,-2c.

groomer !!!

Groomer:

Is the third pix on May 6 at the cable bridge where U turn around? Lots of water. I can believe a quick melt and rain will cause that kind of flooding. Hope no one was hurt.

Some good pix from the wheeler...

:good: