Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi mustang !!

geez, i forgot about that !!thanks for the help tho !!! i went to the garage munipal in front of the gas station to change wheel(spare).those 2 guys inside were ''turning '' their thumbs ,put them to work a bit !!ha !! ha !!

i offered them money but they did nt take it .

thanks for the info 14 snow .getting tougher for the mooses now .

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer

We went through your area on thursday , I haven't been through that area in years , You have some beautiful scenery and trails in the area. When we were at the clubhouse you were out grooming according to the cook.

We fuelled in Amqui then headed toward RADAR on 587 , got to the 587 / 579 Split and we turned around and headed toward Sabeyac ? , One of the guys with us had hurt his back / ribs in a little tumble back in the New Richmond area and we didn't want to punish him any more than we already had. We'll see RADAR next year I Guess as everybody on this trip said that the Carleton / Amqui / albertville / Sabeyac/ area was the best of the trip.

We ran into some fairly tough conditions on Monday from RDL to Matane during the storm and on Tuesday from Matane to Murdochville until most of the trails had a groomer pass on them.

Thanks Again for the info and the nice smooth trails in your area.

Mark

hi mark !!

thank you very much!!

sorry if we did nt meet.very busy week for me .i was supposed to be off thursday ,but wednesday night coming back from the lake ,did nt have enough fuel to do the last local trail.so,i returned thursday morning and back around 2 pm .

only wednesday ,16 hrs of grooming .crazy week !!

glad you enjoyed the scenery !!

pics from tq 5,tuesday morning.

jean-guy

Groomer,

Looks like you had little to no rain from the last storm-that's great news!

By looking at the 14 day weather forecast-looks to be just above freezing during the day and below freezing at night-looks like there will be some light snow as well :good:

We will be there on the afternoon of 3/24 for a few days of riding-I was looking at the trail map and for our day trips I was thinking of staying in Causapscal-riding tq5 to Carleton and tq5 to Amqui, Saybec, Matane.

Would these be good riding-scenic routes?

Thanks again for your great trail photos!

another long day.-28 c at 5 30 am and -11c during the day.great day for riding.went to meet the operator from albertville at the intersection of tq5 and the shorcut around 7 30 am.

went grooming st alexandre -lac saumon and lake 8 miles.lots of snow .

pic 8 ,on the to lac saumon,very bad place.going up hill and always snow blown by the wind.turned around there last week,too much snow for the surtrac.

pic 7:on the way back from lac saumon ,i got stuck again :bad: in about 5-6' of snow .about 400' in front of the machine .i think i going to retire from grooming at the end of the season .not good for my average !!! :lol::lol::lol:

back on a local trail tomorrow ,was too low on fuel to do it tonight.back on tq 5 thursday or friday.

groomer !!!

Groomer- where was photo #9 taken? Great view!

Groomer- where was photo #9 taken? Great view!

hi speedy !!

took pic 9 on the way up that loooong hill where i turn around just beside 132 in lac saumon(local trail).on the pic you can see the lake and up the hills ,tq 5 is not too far .

well ,about the rain,rained yesterday ,let say lightly ,but not all day,i can t tell exactly ,i spent most of the afternoon on the couch,ha !! ha !!trying to gain some sleep.this morning went the to shovel the roof of the house of my brother around 9 am.light rain ,then a lttle bit heavy for about half an hr.rained a bit after supper .

it has been +5c most of the day and right now 0 c.about the scenery , i guess it must be nice ,carleton area.a mix of mountains and fields i guess.

if you expect to spend one night in town ,the best place ''auberge la coulée douce ''..there s a motel ,but a lot cheaper.for the auberge ,you need reservations i think .if you want me to take info ,let me know.

pic,early tuesday morning in ste marguerite.

thanks !!

groomer !!!

Groomer-

From looking at alot of youe photos tonight-what area's do you groom-just tq5?

i start grooming tq 5 in causapscal to ste marguerite to that red dot.cb is there.assemetquagan river.roughly 25-27 miles to go there.

then ,yellow trails .groom them ,once a week.

there s one going for ste florence ,west of ste marguerite.i groom that one when i do tq5,can be up to 14 hrs to do both.

then,the one going up to the lake ,north-east of town

st alexandre-lac saumon ,north-west of town.

there s another one ,can t see on the map,about 2 miles north of ste marguerite.connecting with the one going to the lake.about 1.5 miles east where you can see there s implements on the map.

st alexandre is the most important ''local trail ''.grooming st alexandre -lac saumon-the lake-and the one going for ste marguerite, about 11-12 hrs+ depending of the situation.

0 c here ,few flakes time to time !!grey sky !!

groomer !!!

i start grooming tq 5 in causapscal to ste marguerite to that red dot.cb is there.assemetquagan river.roughly 25-27 miles to go there.

then ,yellow trails .groom them ,once a week.

there s one going for ste florence ,west of ste marguerite.i groom that one when i do tq5,can be up to 14 hrs to do both.

then,the one going up to the lake ,north-east of town

st alexandre-lac saumon ,north-west of town.

there s another one ,can t see on the map,about 2 miles north of ste marguerite.connecting with the one going to the lake.about 1.5 miles east where you can see there s implements on the map.

st alexandre is the most important ''local trail ''.grooming st alexandre -lac saumon-the lake-and the one going for ste marguerite, about 11-12 hrs+ depending of the situation.

0 c here ,few flakes time to time !!grey sky !!

Thanks Groomer!! Is your clubhouse in Albertville-as I will need to purchase trail passes for our trip?

groomer !!!

Thanks Groomer!! Is your clubhouse in Albertville-as I will need to purchase trail passes for our trip?

ya ,clubhouse is 200', from main street if you re coming from the west side.can t miss it !!!

-2c and windy up the hills .

groomer !!!

Groomer.

Please excuse my ignorance as this is our 1st sled trip to the gaspe-are there trail areas where we would need to cross water-if so are the conditions safe or are there bridges to cross by?

Thanks

Ron

Groomer.

Please excuse my ignorance as this is our 1st sled trip to the gaspe-are there trail areas where we would need to cross water-if so are the conditions safe or are there bridges to cross by?

Thanks

Ron

good question !! never done the gaspesie loop,maybe another member could answer that one .as i as i know ,clubs try to avoid crossing water because of insurances .

i could be wrong ,but i don t think there s too many places in the gaspesie where you must cross water ,if there s any/some .

groomer !!!

good question !! never done the gaspesie loop,maybe another member could answer that one .as i as i know ,clubs try to avoid crossing water because of insurances .

i could be wrong ,but i don t think there s too many places in the gaspesie where you must cross water ,if there s any/some .

groomer !!!

Speedy

Most crossings will be bridges or staked trails .

If they are not safe the club will detour you around the crossing.

Detours normally have good signage.

We were down Groomers way on Thursday and the trails and scenery were awesome.

If you are heading to RADAR near La Redemption on 587 you may want to check to see if it's groomed north of the 587 / 579 split. Wasn't groomed on thursday but probably will be by now.

Sometimes you can get a little more detailed trail conditions on WWW.admdq.org

Have a good trip.

Mark

Edited by MJD

back from grooming tq 5 !!-20 c at 2 30 am and +7c at 2 30 pm when i crossed main street in town at the city hall.

woow !!! trail was really hard packed !!!not too rough tho after 8 days without grooming .only a few bad corners .all the straights were still ''flat ''.

looks like tourists season is almost over.saw the first ones on the way back around 1 pm ,on that long straight just a few miles west of ste marguerite.saw 7/8/9 sleds today.all in the afternoon.

awesome day for riding !!

looks like hard packed trails are rough on the machine .drag is cracked in a front corner ,need to weld it and one rim(rear) is also cracked.we have one spare.

6/7 years ago ,i cracked one rim( completly ) ,near the last cb in town going east.i was entering a street to go on main street to cross causapscal river.it was a cold morning like that and hard packed trail.

the secretary of the club sent me an email.they are thinking to close the clubhouse on monday/tuesday/wednesday starting march 21 .she ll send me an e mail if they decide to close.there s still the canteen at the gas station !!

groomer !!!

back from grooming tq 5 !!-20 c at 2 30 am and +7c at 2 30 pm when i crossed main street in town at the city hall.

woow !!! trail was really hard packed !!!not too rough tho after 8 days without grooming .only a few bad corners .all the straights were still ''flat ''.

looks like tourists season is almost over.saw the first ones on the way back around 1 pm ,on that long straight just a few miles west of ste marguerite.saw 7/8/9 sleds today.all in the afternoon.

looks like hard packed trails are rough on the machine .drag is cracked in a front corner ,need to weld it and one rim(rear) is also cracked.we have one spare.

6/7 years ago ,i cracked one rim( completly ) ,near the last cb in town going east.i was entering a street to go on main street to cross causapscal river.it was a cold morning like that and hard packed trail.

the secretary of the club sent me an email.they are thinking to close the clubhouse on monday/tuesday/wednesday starting march 21 .she ll send me an e mail if they decide to close.there s still the canteen at the gas station !!

groomer !!!

Groomer,

Do you mean closed just on mon-wed and open thur-sun ? With a little luck, and if the forecast is good 4 of us will be headed to RDL on Monday headed your way depending on weather. Not sure if we are going to go clockwise or counter clockwise. Would like to stop and say hello at the clubhouse. let me know if you hear any trail reports towards RDL. :drinks:

Groomer,

Do you mean closed just on mon-wed and open thur-sun ? With a little luck, and if the forecast is good 4 of us will be headed to RDL on Monday headed your way depending on weather. Not sure if we are going to go clockwise or counter clockwise. Would like to stop and say hello at the clubhouse. let me know if you hear any trail reports towards RDL. :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

ya ,closed from mon to wed and open from thursday to sunday.i guess trafiic is very low.i told her that i was waiting for visit ,so they might change their mind !!she ll confirm later !!

no problems ,i ll check on the french forum ,if i see something , i ll let you know .

met the vice president on the way back and he told me ,maybe 6 '' for next friday ,still far tho.

groomer !!!

groomer !!!

Groomer-

Great photos-are these from tq5?

Groomer,

Based on the current trails and weather forecast-Where do you think the best groomed trails will be for the weekend of 3/24-We're looking to lodge for two nights in the Amqui area.Looking to ride 150 miles each day, the above pics that you posted today are the scenic areas we're lookin for-wide open long flat trails :good:

Thanks!!

Groomer,

Based on the current trails and weather forecast-Where do you think the best groomed trails will be for the weekend of 3/24-We're looking to lodge for two nights in the Amqui area.Looking to ride 150 miles each day, the above pics that you posted today are the scenic areas we're lookin for-wide open long flat trails :good:

Thanks!!

hi speedy !!

all pics taken earlier today while grooming on tq 5.the little shack is where i turn around at the cb,but on cross point side.

in amqui ,you have the select hotel( pastalli )and l ambassadeur ,about a quarter mile further .at l ambassadeur if my memory is good ,they have a garage to put your sleds.

about the best groomed trails ???? for our club ,normally ,if there s a storm ,we groom right after .or ,grooming on sunday night or early monday morning,depending of the situation.let s say today was an exeption .

will probably start grooming on monday and thursday or early friday morning if the traffic is low .i was grooming tq 5 ,3 x a week since the last 2/3 weeks .when i say traffic is low ,less than 40 sleds a day.locals here ,they don t ride much during the week.so , i guess other clubs are doing the samething.cross point side was groomed this morning.

groomer !!!

road 132/bld st benoit west!!

forgot ...

at the back of the 2 motels/hotels ,right in the middle of the 2 ,there s a trail ,must be the access to go to the motels.don t worry ,there s signage to go there.

groomer !!!

update !!!

from now on ,make sure to call your local airport before leaving your area.you might encounter heavy traffic on my part of tq 5.between march 16 th and april 1.

1-800-groomer :lol:

sorry for the inconvenients !! :lol:

thanks for your understanding!! :lol:

groomer !!! :drinks: