Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi Groomer...back home and back to work!!............and already thinking about next year!!

A few photos from last week.

Thanks for everything.

post-769-080378700 1298928040_thumb.jpg

post-769-085719400 1298928016_thumb.jpg

post-769-028928800 1298927986_thumb.jpg

hi mcstar !!

great meeting you and frank again at the clubhouse /tq5 for the second time in 2 years !!thank you very much for sharing your pics .

hi to frank,and hope he ll enjoy his gaspesian '' gift ''.

still snowing and it s getting more windy !!just like nj storms !!ha !! ha !!

thanks again !!

jean-guy :drinks:

just fyi ,stay home for now !!

woke up at 2 am.snowing lightly ,then stopped around 3 am.hard for me to see if it s windy or not,live in a valley.arrived at the machine around 4 am.wow!! already windy there.i decided to groom in town because there s trees most of the time on both sides of the trail.

around 5 am ,it was very windy.decided to go up near the truck logging road at least to pack the snow at the ''school bus ''and the last 2 fields on both side of the trail before arriving to the truck logging .turned around there and i ll wait to see what's going to happen with the weather .

blowing snow right now.

aint worth to waste 225.00$$ of fuel for now .

first pic ,about a 1000' east of the intersection of tq5 and the shortcut for albertville,even all the pics .

groomer !!!

back from grooming tq 5.left at 1 pm ,back at 11 30pm.wind died around 4 hrs pm.luckily ,no drifts on the way back.

saw about 25 sleds max.traffic was very slow today,snow was ''slippery ''.close to a foot of snow at some places .next run will be better,too much snow to pack.

first 3 pics ,i was there this morning around 6 am.it has been windy !!

groomer !!!

just to let you that temps are warm here.-8c at 7 am and 0 c right now ,but it could a little bit warmer.my thermoter is in a shadow area.partly cloudy.

pics,brought the machine at the other end of town this morning to finish my run.my friend fernand was at the cb over the causapscal river to ''bulldoze '' the bumps on the cb.

groomer !!!

just back from the clubhouse.went to meet a member from hcs with his wife/girlfriend.they were arriving from cross point.he said, up the hills west of cross point ,even at the st fidele cb,if i remember well,8-10'' of fresh snow.

weather was not too nice in albertville,windy with nice gusts of wind .about 3-4'' of fresh snow.

here in town,it s not light,not heavy ...let say ''medium '' and not windy for the moment.-7c right now .

i ll see what will happen ,should be very windy later or tomorrow.one local at the clubhouse told me up to a foot til tomorrow .

first pic,bunch of 10-12 ontarios

groomer !!!

Thanks for posting these. We ran into the two people from these photos and recognized the sleds from this post. We have now become friends.

Monday was a challenge due to the weather.

We will be passing through tomorrow. We will hopefully drop in. Hopefully your trails are groomed. :)

hi 14snow !!

me too !! ha!! ha !!

tomorrow ,i ll be on tq 5 + a local trail.don t worry ,i ll groom the local trail first,early in the morning ,so no problems to meet you on tq 5.it should be close to a 14 hrs run ,so i don t expect to be back before 3/4 pm in the afternoon.

if we don t ,ask the waitress to call me ,even if i m taking a nap. :)

-16 c and it looks windy outside.blowing snow !!

great for you if you have made new friends because of my pics !!

see you tomorrow.

im on my way to groom 4 local trails.

groomer !!!

wooow !!hell of a day !!windy like hell all day long!!

went grooming st alexandre ,8 miles lake and the local trail for ste marguerite.skipped lac saumon.made about 2 miles .going up hill in a field ,from 2 to 4 ' of snow .drifts.

not much 5 th gear today.it has been slow.snow was ''slippery ''.going up to the lake ,not too funny.looking for the ditch all the time.

it has been so windy ,many places i was unable to find where the ditch was.

look at the weather closely,according to a radio station in riki,it could be very warm next sunday.

groomer !!!

for northbound !!

i did nt forget you ,i was just waiting for a reply .

would like to thank you and your wife very much for the ''envelope '' at the clubhouse .very appreciated !!

merci !!

Groomer,

Stopped at the clubhouse around noon today had a great lunch. Waitress called you but you weren't in. I think you were still out grooming. We signed the guess book. From the bridge on TQ5 in the south all the way up trails were excellent. Drifts started again on our route north.Lots of snow on 587 towards La Redemption. Unfortunately we missed radar. I think we drove passed the cut. Off.

Overall trails were excellent, thank you!!

Groomer,

Stopped at the clubhouse around noon today had a great lunch. Waitress called you but you weren't in. I think you were still out grooming. We signed the guess book. From the bridge on TQ5 in the south all the way up trails were excellent. Drifts started again on our route north.Lots of snow on 587 towards La Redemption. Unfortunately we missed radar. I think we drove passed the cut. Off.

Overall trails were excellent, thank you!!

hi 14 snow !!

well ,just too bad.i thought you were coming tomorrow .anyway,i had no choices to go grooming those local trails before getting in big ''troubles ''.

i heard the phone rang ,but i guess the waitress did nt know i had a problem with the handle of the phone .the phone i use to have is in matane for reparations .i use my cellular phone for the moment.

i was at the lake when the phone rang.looooooong day.13 hrs run ,usually ,i can do all 4 local trails in 11/12 hrs.

glad my part of tq 5 was nt too rough.i ll be there later tonight .

thank you !!!

groomer !!!

went grooming tq 5 + one local trail.-25c at 2 30 am and -5c right now,blue sky all day.awesome day for riding!!!

trail was really hard packed .waiting for darkness to finish my run.

groomer !!!

for those who could be interested ,just saw the forecast on tv.from rdl to riki to gaspé,between +2c and 0c.they did nt talk about rain for now .

at 4 am ,it was -15c with light snow.right now -5c with light snow (fleurries).i ll post again later tonight if the weather change for rain.

fyi,just saw a post from a director of the club in st eugene(memory blank,can t remember the name of the club) ,between riki and rdl .they have an engine problem with their prinoth.no grooming for them during the week end .

groomer !!!

just back from the clubhouse.went to meet a member from hcs with his wife/girlfriend.they were arriving from cross point.he said, up the hills west of cross point ,even at the st fidele cb,if i remember well,8-10'' of fresh snow.

weather was not too nice in albertville,windy with nice gusts of wind .about 3-4'' of fresh snow.

here in town,it s not light,not heavy ...let say ''medium '' and not windy for the moment.-7c right now .

i ll see what will happen ,should be very windy later or tomorrow.one local at the clubhouse told me up to a foot til tomorrow .

first pic,bunch of 10-12 ontarians

groomer !!!

Groomer great we could finally meet you at the clubhouse last Monday, plenty of snow for sure for the 4-days we where in the Gaspe. Monday left from Pointe-a-la-Croix where we stayed Sunday eve @ Gite La Maison Verte (5* B&B to stay and depart from!!) afternoon rode from Albertville clubhouse to Sainte-Paule, plenty of fresh snow. Happy to be in by 4:30pm with nearly 12" of fresh powder on the trails. Awoke Tuesday morning and 1st tracks pushing snow of ~18" the whole way on the 591 to Matane, some 4' drifts in some spots, but the Gade did great breaking trail, only 1 stuck mishap near a road-crossing near saint-Leandre, a friendly local truck driver saw our mishap and came to the rescue.Then on the TQ-5 from Matane to Cap-Chat and on a local trail up to saint-Octave-de'l'Avenir and Village Grand Nature, plenty of snow and drifts but lot's of fun, and great place to stay in chic-chocs!!. Met a great group of 8 + 2 from Ontario from

Wednesday back tracked from Cap-Chat to the 595 over to what was planned to be 595 to new Carleton trail, but gas situation and my 1st time rider friend either single track or breaking trail in 24" of new snow decided to go thru La Cache and onwards to New Richmond and then to Carleton for the night. Ultimately met on new friends from Ontario @ La Cache both ended up in Carleton for the night. 1st real grooming we saw since Monday was just outside New Richmond. Thursday awoke to very cold (-20C) and crazy windy conditions, short ride back to the truck in Pointe-a-la-Croix and encountered some sizable drifts along the way. Great 3.5day ride in plenty of fresh snow good time was had by all!!

post-848-036584600 1299357638_thumb.jpg

post-848-064920100 1299357645_thumb.jpg

post-848-055887200 1299357654_thumb.jpg

post-848-062705300 1299357663_thumb.jpg

post-848-038088600 1299357672_thumb.jpg

Great pics as usual groomer (and grooming)Keep up the good work, its much appreciated

Gary

hi gary !!

thank you very much.always a pleasure to post a few.last week has been a busy one.last storm,winds,drifts etc .not much sleep last week.close to 55 hrs of grooming since last monday morning.btw ,just woke up ,took a nap..........on the couch !! ha !! ha !

snowing here ,about 2'',-3c .chatted with one of my nephews in rimouski(75 miles west)around 2 pm and it was snowing there too.

thanks again

jean-guy

Groomer great we could finally meet you at the clubhouse last Monday, plenty of snow for sure for the 4-days we where in the Gaspe. Monday left from Pointe-a-la-Croix where we stayed Sunday eve @ Gite La Maison Verte (5* B&B to stay and depart from!!) afternoon rode from Albertville clubhouse to Sainte-Paule, plenty of fresh snow. Happy to be in by 4:30pm with nearly 12" of fresh powder on the trails. Awoke Tuesday morning and 1st tracks pushing snow of ~18" the whole way on the 591 to Matane, some 4' drifts in some spots, but the Gade did great breaking trail, only 1 stuck mishap near a road-crossing near saint-Leandre, a friendly local truck driver saw our mishap and came to the rescue.Then on the TQ-5 from Matane to Cap-Chat and on a local trail up to saint-Octave-de'l'Avenir and Village Grand Nature, plenty of snow and drifts but lot's of fun, and great place to stay in chic-chocs!!. Met a great group of 8 + 2 from Ontario from

Wednesday back tracked from Cap-Chat to the 595 over to what was planned to be 595 to new Carleton trail, but gas situation and my 1st time rider friend either single track or breaking trail in 24" of new snow decided to go thru La Cache and onwards to New Richmond and then to Carleton for the night. Ultimately met on new friends from Ontario @ La Cache both ended up in Carleton for the night. 1st real grooming we saw since Monday was just outside New Richmond. Thursday awoke to very cold (-20C) and crazy windy conditions, short ride back to the truck in Pointe-a-la-Croix and encountered some sizable drifts along the way. Great 3.5day ride in plenty of fresh snow good time was had by all!!

hi gade_guy !!

first of all,welcome on qr ,great little forum with great info!!

great meeting you and your friend at the clubhouse.what a week hey !!glad you still enjoyed all that fresh snow and drifts .must have been a good experience for your friend.

samething here last thursday ,bad wind conditions.had no choices to groom the local trails before it s too late.my machine is heavy and did nt want to get stuck or shovel for a few hrs.

thanks for stopping at the clubhouse and say hi to your friend.great pics ,btw .

fyi ,

turned to snow since 9 am.-1c.i ll probably wait late monday night to groom tq 5 .it ll be much colder.should be around - 12c.

good thing for me ,need to fix a light problem and install a new radio with cd player !! :)

back from the clubhouse ,there was a group of 5 americans.one of them recognized me.

just wanted to say hi !!! :drinks:

groomer !!!

This must be what heaven looks like minus the hydro poles!! gives you a chill just looking at that photo!

hi mustang !!

ya ,about 3 miles outside ,going up for the lake.they don t plow that road anymore.too much work and very low traffic.

now ,awesome storm here !!not sure ,but probably close to 10'' since 5 15 am.at least 8''.better not be windy in the days to come ,it ll be hell for me !!!

just back from the gas station where i park the machine.fixed a light problem and put a cd player !!!ha !! ha !!

groomer !!!

just back from a short run on tq 5 to save fuel for later tonight.it has been a good storm.still snowing a bit .between 12-14''.it has been very slow going up hill.turned around at the corner of ste marguerite-ste florence and causapscal .about 5 miles west of ste marguerite.

once back at the gas station,put fuel.almost fall on my butt,80 liters of fuel in 4.5 hrs of grooming.better be careful tomorrow .i ll bring an extra 5 gallons can of fuel.

i expect a long run.

saw more deers than tourists on tq 5.there was 4 tourists on main street.looks like they rode on tq 132 instead of tq 5 .i don t think i saw their tracks on tq 5.

groomer !!!