Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Groomer!!

We're going to driving up today-couldnt wait any longer-so we're coming a day early!

Should be arriving in Amqui around 7pm. Will stop by the clubhouse in the am, if we miss you in the am we will stop by tomorrow night-will have the waitress call you :D

Can't wait to ride the fantastic trails!!

Thanks again for all of your advice and photos!!

-Speedy

:drinks:

if they are too rough/tough with you ,let me know !!ha !! ha !! i could find a sled ,cut across the gaspesie up to la cache ,then murdochville and meet you somewhere on the north side .both of us ,we should be able to ''fix '' that !!ha !! ha !!

OK Groomer...They let up a bit yesterday... :drinks: ha!! ha!!

Off we go soon... :good:

hi phil !!

back from grooming !!

if they still tease you ,bring em back to the clubhouse!!!will fix it there !!ha !! ha !!

i hope you re having a nice day riding your sled ,just awesome here !!!only between 11 am and 1 pm going up to the lake,huge clouds of snow!!snowing like hell ,very nice !!

greaaaaat morning to take pics !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Groomer!!

We're going to driving up today-couldnt wait any longer-so we're coming a day early!

Should be arriving in Amqui around 7pm. Will stop by the clubhouse in the am, if we miss you in the am we will stop by tomorrow night-will have the waitress call you :D

Can't wait to ride the fantastic trails!!

Thanks again for all of your advice and photos!!

-Speedy

hi speedy !!!

if you read this ,i changed my mind .instead of grooming tq5 ,i groomed 3 local trails today ,because tq5 was still nice yesterday.

so ,tomorrow ,i ll be on tq 5 .hope to wake up early and come back early.cook will be there in the am.he understand english a bit ,but waitress is better.she start working at noon.

if you want to meet me on tq 5 ,no problems or wait at the end of the day ,no problems also.i don t mind going up the clubhouse after my run.should be back between 1 and 3pm .i should be able to do the run in 10-11 hrs max.

hope to start grooming between 3 and 4 am.

see you tomorrow !!

groomer !!!

love it ...they could not wait any lo0nger ..i wish i was there.....

:good::drinks::yahoo:

Have a great trip!!!Speedy!!

hi mustang !!

there s still enough snow for you too !!

not even an inch of snow in town yesterday .but,just going up the hills,3-4-5'' of fresh snow.

-15c at 4 30 am and probably +3c on the way back.great day !!!

groomer !!!

haha groomer i know...but before i was "ontarien" and on the wrong side of that province too :drinks:

time to move in the gaspesie !!! :)

...and time for me to go to bed if i want to wake up early !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

back from grooming tq 5.-4c at 11 pm ,started at 1 am and - 2c right now ,sunny with a few clouds .

sunrise about mid way between ste marguerite and the cb.

saw 2 sleds around 7 30 am.on top of that long hill 3 miles east of ste marguerite.

i wish i could know how many sleds on tq 5 between ste marguerite and the cb since monday morning.

probably not even 30 .there was no grooves in the curves.few bumps at the bottom of the last hill before the cb.

to those 2 members yesterday at the clubhouse,i was grooming st alexandre ,lac saumon and the lake .see you next year i guess !!! :drinks:

groomer !!!

Groomer!!

We arrived in Amqui late last night, we did stop by your clubhouse to purchase our trail passes. We rode to Matane overto the Cap Chat area today-however on the ride back we took a wrong turn :rofl: on tq5 and almost ended up in Mont Joli vs back to Amqui. Great trail riding today!

Are you grooming tomorrow-if so what time as were going to be heading your way and over to Carleton.

-Speedy

Jean Guy,

It' Friday and we are in Matane now, it was great meeting you again, we have 950 miles now on the trip and all I can say is WOW 10'' of snow in the mountains last night the conditions have ben outstanding for the time of year, looks like midwinter. We have 225miles back to the truck tomorrow. I can't beleive we only passed a dozen sleds the whole week. Talk to ya soon :drinks:

Jean Guy,

It' Friday and we are in Matane now, it was great meeting you again, we have 950 miles now on the trip and all I can say is WOW 10'' of snow in the mountains last night the conditions have ben outstanding for the time of year, looks like midwinter. We have 225miles back to the truck tomorrow. I can't beleive we only passed a dozen sleds the whole week. Talk to ya soon :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

great meeting you again at the clubhouse with your friends.looks like you hit a perfect week !!at least great weather in the last 3-4 days.

thats the advantage of riding in march.days are longer ,low traffic ,time to enjoy the scenery and no rush to go to the motel.

thanks again for stopping at the clubhouse and hi to all !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Jean Guy, why not put the date on your photos?, would be nice to see when they were taken!

While you think about that, I have to think about what I am going to do the next 10 months!! (other than save for the next trip up there!!)

See you next year...and keep the photos rolling!!

Hi Jean Guy, why not put the date on your photos?, would be nice to see when they were taken!

While you think about that, I have to think about what I am going to do the next 10 months!! (other than save for the next trip up there!!)

See you next year...and keep the photos rolling!!

hi mcstar !!

take it on the good side ,but i ll never do that .why ??? personnally ,it disguise waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy too much a pic......specially when you have a few nice ones.

..and it ''tease'' me to see the date on a pic.

first''option '' i delete on a camera.it s my fourth camera since winter 86 and i never used the date on my pics.

well ,if the weather cooperate,should be good for another 2-3 weeks of sledding.about grooming ,next week for sure and i guess the club will decide by next week end.traffic is very-very low.

you should come back ,instead of waiting 10 months ,you ll be down to 9 !!!ha !!ha !!

still a bit dizzy this morning ,slept only 1 hrs thursday night.

pics of the sunrise ,right on top of the hill( west side ) where we met with frank.

pics of mount hog's back, in the chic chocs ,just next to gaspesie park.i should be back there soon with smclelan for our second attempt to make it to the ''top ''...ha !! ha !!......taken on april 19th /08

hi to frank and hope to see you again next season !!!

Was great to meet you Jean-Guy hope to tip one back with you again next year :drinks:

DSCN1530.jpg

DSCN1528.jpg

DSCN1512.jpg

hi bobby!!

great meeting you and the rest of the group at the clubhouse !!

hope you enjoyed your trip and the scenery !!

mt st pierre ,my favorite little village on the north side.used to go there often back in the 80's.

that first pic !! wooow !! worth a thousand words !!!...+

hi bobby!!

great meeting you and the rest of the group at the clubhouse !!

hope you enjoyed your trip and the scenery !!

mt st pierre ,my favorite little village on the north side.used to go there often back in the 80's.

that first pic !! wooow !! worth a thousand words !!!...+

Thanks that spot for the pics was found by accident by me when I had to take the emergency exit on a corner that came up fast :rofl: we went furthur back into the pow pow and thats the view we found not bad huh? for a cpl of flatlanders. ;)

i agree with Groomer!!!great pics!!Bobby :good:

Hey I know you!! thanks Huni :drinks: Edited by bobbynj66

Thanks that spot for the pics was found by accident by me when I had to take the emergency exit on a corner that came up fast :rofl: we went furthur back into the pow pow and thats the view we found not bad huh? for a cpl of flatlanders. ;)

Hey I know you!! thanks Huni :drinks:

do you now lol....i am a sled whore i know it can't help myself...miss mine like a front tooth.. :drinks:

what an innovation!!! first time i hear about ''emergency exit ''.ha !! ha !! tell us the truth ,are you the only who used them ??? :lol::lol:

pic,it's the one i was looking for ,can t find it.pic of mount albert taken from the truck logging road at the 88km.about 20 miles before arriving to la cache.trail 595 is in somewhere in the middle of the pic,maybe lower a bit.

second map,i don t think i m wrong ,the right side of the mountains on your pic,cap seize ,few miles outside ste anne des monts ,going toward mount albert.

groomer !!!

do you now lol....i am a sled whore i know it can't help myself...miss mine like a front tooth.. :drinks:

Its ok Hun you will get back someday hopefully miss seein ya at HCS pop in every once in a while :D

what an innovation!!! first time i hear about ''emergency exit ''.ha !! ha !! tell us the truth ,are you the only who used them ??? :lol::lol:

pic,it's the one i was looking for ,can t find it.pic of mount albert taken from the truck logging road at the 88km.about 20 miles before arriving to la cache.trail 595 is in somewhere in the middle of the pic,maybe lower a bit.

second map,i don t think i m wrong ,the right side of the mountains on your pic,cap seize ,few miles outside ste anne des monts ,going toward mount albert.

groomer !!!

On the bold hell no!! funny how they were there when I most needed them though when you come out of the cloud of white gold and theres a 90* turn Oh sheet!!! :blink: :rofl:

My pictures have no chance at competing with your they are incredible ;) BTW I took care of that thing I told you I would at HCS :good:

Edited by bobbynj66

Its ok Hun you will get back someday hopefully miss seein ya at HCS pop in every once in a while :D

On the bold hell no!! funny how they were there when I most needed them though when you come out of the cloud of white gold and theres a 90* turn Oh sheet!!! :blink: :rofl:

My pictures have no chance at competing with your they are incredible ;) BTW I took care of that thing I told you I would at HCS :good:

thanks !! some are really good with computers and some are really good with cameras!!!each ones his own specialties!!

personnally ,im not a computer minded person,computers ,they come from another planet for me !!ha !! ha !!

blue sky here ,no clouds in sight,+5c on my thermother ,but it s a little more than that.walked a bit on tq 5 this morning in town ,not even a bumps.

i should be back on tq 5 wednesday or thursday night.it has been windy here last week end ,must be a few little drifts .

groomer !!!

Groomer:

The morning of our second day we left Point-a-la-Crois and we came upon a cow moose on the trail, she danced in front of us at a slow pace for a while then she jumped into the woods. About a few miles farther on the trail we came upon a Bull and just as we got to him there were sleds coming the other way, he jumped into the woods... I wanted to stop to "pet" him but didn't have the chance... :lol:

It was very cool...it all happened too fast for pictures... :angry:

Groomer:

The morning of our second day we left Point-a-la-Crois and we came upon a cow moose on the trail, she danced in front of us at a slow pace for a while then she jumped into the woods. About a few miles farther on the trail we came upon a Bull and just as we got to him there were sleds coming the other way, he jumped into the woods... I wanted to stop to "pet" him but didn't have the chance... :lol:

It was very cool...it all happened too fast for pictures... :angry:

hi phil !!

ha !! ha !!before trying to ''pet '' a moose ,check if the ears are nt too low.if yes ,better make a u-turn and go the other way !!ha!! ha !!

only a guess,if they did nt stay long on the trail ,maybe there was nt not enough snow to bother them or they had already their trails packed.

they can ''stick '' on the trail for a long time.

my pic with mooses.2 bulls fighting friendly.this is a few years back.second run on tq 5.went to put the signage up on the trail with the vice-president.about 2.5 miles west of the cb.they were at least 1.5 miles + away from tq 5.v-p would nt believe me that it was 2 bulls.

took the pic at 12x.put the pic on my computer and zoomed again to show the v-p i was nt lying.

where it s written ''top of the hill '' ,you start going down that long hill,about 2.5 miles before the cb.the treestand is in a curve ,sharp one.

groomer !!!

Groomer, 2 riders (blue XP summit and 07 yellow Renegade) headed your way tomorrow riding through RDL to PtLaCroix, then towards Murdochvile and then the north shore. Looks like we'll have a few fresh inches coming as a bonus!! Where will you be early afternoon? Is the 'secret' 587s loop open and perfect or should we stick to tq5 from Amqui to PtLaCroix. Also going to try to hit radar, need to search the forum for it's location next since I've never been there yet. Hope to see you and enjoy your always carpet-like trails