Mission Aborted

viper2

7 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Why no one makes an electric shield that heats on the outside is beyond me !

If it heated strong enough to melt the ice in some conditions, ie freezing rain in 20f and the wind chill from moving, you would melt the plastic lens. Taller windshield with a recurve forward to direct the air over the helmet would probably help too.

5 hours ago, NHTOM said:

Bernard charged the nites you were gone, if you were in the Safari for the nite, no charge. Plus the 1st Heck and Ringi Dang Doo were free.

Right.That was what the op was also complaining about.We just moved and gave our business elsewhere.And for 100.00 bucks a night to sleep on a matress on the floor I wouldn't call the 1'st beer free. Not to mention his over exaggerating about how good the conditions were.

I waxed the shields and I think it helped because it wiped right off but had to do it like every 30-60 seconds lol. I don't use a heated shield I have an old snoforce modular with the removable mask and I love it. Never ever fogs or freezes up but the freezing mist is its bane

Today left Barrage Gouin and with the snow last night and strong winds you couldn't even tell we came up the trail yesterday. The groomer was on his way down so hopefully it will be all cleaned up. The 83 was groomed last night in the direction of Wemotaci and was good. Took the 345 down to Kanawata looked to be groomed just before the snow and had some tracks on it so it was ok. Too many found out about this gem in recent years I preferred when they came up the 73 and down the 13 LOL. Gassed up at Kanawata and took the road (which may also be the trail this year but really didn't check) to Repos. Holy shnikes Batman this place was slammed at noon already on a Friday. The tour groups are really ruining this area. I must say lunch was quick and service was good we took the 345 on high alert for the throttle jockeys that were sure to be out. Trail was still in pretty good shape and 5 miles from Le Cabanon we passed the groomer heading out, a little too early I think at 4:00 but hey no one can deny they try hard here. Somewhere around 208 miles, have no idea what is next or where we will get a room on a Saturday but one thing for sure is the light traffic will be done

Back home in PA, last 2 days of the trip were pretty rough. Only place we could find rooms Saturday night was Shawinigan only 85 miles from Le Cabanon. We leave Le Cabanon a little late in no rush and head down 23. Decide to go down to St. Come and check out the ice sculptures. Leaving there the signs were poor and we head the wrong way on 349 for about 10 miles. The trail is so twisty it is hard to tell which direction we are going. We turn around and head back and find the trail take 349 all the way past Lac Blanc and onto 23 then 23 into Shawinigan and to the Governeur Hotel. 196 miles for the day but almost all was rough, lots of traffic and getting tore up from the mild temps. Sunday we hit the trail early making tracks for the trucks in BSP. First 100 miles was pretty good the throttle jockeys partied hard and slept in I guess. Took a combination of 3,351,302,23 and some local trails until finally staying on 3. Trails great early but were terrible by lunch. The Quebec City area is ridiculous anymore with all the dual use ATV trails literally mush from the side by side rototillers. 378 into BSP was full of 2-3 foot rollers, just too warm for the traffic. You know it is too warm when you see the guys out with the ultra low windshields, wind breaker snowboard gear and motocross helmets. Had just shy of 1400 miles for the trip all in all pretty good considering the last minute change in plans. There is lots of snow everywhere and with the cold temps back now is the time to get there