Best "Stuck" Pictures

scorpionbowl

Everyone goes off trail now and then, but some are more noteworthy than others. Here's a perfect example...

A fresh foot of powder, no tracks, coming out of Petit or Grand Vallee on the North shore of the Gaspe, taking the mountain feeder trail to TQ5. The lead sled gets sucked off the trail, nothing you can do...down the mountain. It stops about 15-20' down on brush and a tree. A heavy 4-stroke, nose-down a mountain, no damage, it all happened at low speed. Took 3 of us about an hour an half to get it out. We had to cut some small trees and one big 8" tree to spin the sled around. In retrospect, we should have just taken off the skis and pulled it out in reverse. Here's a pic, the sled is out of view, well down then bank.

Here is Freak up in Mont Valins................lucky a couple tow sleds came along right away,,,,,,,,,,,the guy comes up and says something in french, we say we don't speak too good french, he says, wuttuhfukareyoudoindowndare? :lol:

LOL big time, now that was funny!

When it finally snowed in NY last year and we had 100" in a week I pulled over to wait for the rest of the group. Big mistake, went up to my a$$ in POW POW...

:yahoo: :wacko:

When it finally snowed in NY last year and we had 100" in a week I pulled over to wait for the rest of the group. Big mistake, went up to my a$$ in POW POW...

:yahoo: :wacko:

Why hell Phil, I would have thought with those fancy Billet Whells on your bad boy, it would have brought you right out of that.

Hi Bill: Those fancy wheels are going into the trash. They ate the track from the INSIDE. I needed a new one anyway but stay FAR away from billet.

:shok:

I know I'm asking for it Bowl, but remember when you came up over the rise and missed this turn north of Mekinac on the way to LaTuque? I believe thats your tail light on the right!

Not really a stuck picture, but was a great time nonetheless!

See you Thanksgiving time to break in the sleds!

Now that don't look like fun at all, I bet it put a damper on the day!

I guess it could be a lot worse.

We could not move the sled at all. The water was 4' deep all around it so unless we wanted to wade in it was not coming out. The middle of the trail was safe but it was glare ice so a tow sled had no traction. A guy with an F150 came down and pulled him out. Luckily the trail was close the the road.

This was the last day of the ride so not a huge problem. The temp dropped to 0 that night and his bags and clothes were a solid block of ice!! He had to use a torpedo heater to get them off.