Kyles dad

Rain coming

Recommended Posts

I was planning on leaving out of montmagny on the 27th. Headed for the Universal for a couple days of riding. Now I see 1-2 “ of rain coming Friday. Please keep me posted if I should cancel. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kyles dad said:

I was planning on leaving out of montmagny on the 27th. Headed for the Universal for a couple days of riding. Now I see 1-2 “ of rain coming Friday. Please keep me posted if I should cancel. 

Thanks. 

You will be good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kyles dad said:

I was planning on leaving out of montmagny on the 27th. Headed for the Universal for a couple days of riding. Now I see 1-2 “ of rain coming Friday. Please keep me posted if I should cancel. 

Thanks. 

If we only had a crystal ball. Forecast is for cold immediately after rain, keep an eye on things and your cancellation policies. It’s to early to make that decision. FWIW...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double check with the Universal but last time I checked they had a good cancellation policy- like 24 hrs. Nobody can tell right now what it will be like but by Sunday I think you will have a better picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you able to adjust plans at all? Even during mid winter conditions the snow and the riding would be better the farther you get from Montmagny maybe drive the extra 100 miles in the truck and leave from the Universal. IMHO its always better from there out anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 14 day weather for RDL shows temps going back to teens (and single numbers at night) by Sun 12/23 and staying cold thru the week until another brief warmup (30s) for Sat 12/29. This, and the snowcover will help take care of absorbing the rain and most of the attendant runoff IMO. Groomers will be able to go back out as soon as the temps allow so it should be OK (but might be hard).

There is lots of good riding in the Montmagny area IMO and if you are only planning on a couple of days to ride it might not be worth going to the Universal. Currently the C/A area map shows very good conditions in that area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

If I lived in Quebec City with the current forecast I would be out shopping this afternoon for a canoe and some life jackets

That’s what I’m thinking to. The original plan was 27-31. I’ll wait and see what Mother Nature brings. I can wait until the 26th to cancel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.