A year ago today......

snowmaster2112

Took this pic at 2:16 p.m. on 2/25/2020 

next pic was at 3:01 p.m. at gas pump at Lac Failon

My how things have changed....LOL

BTW...my beloved 1200 Enduro that survived 10K plus last year blew a chain case on Tug Hill a couple weekends ago

I got a whopping 720 (mostly super good miles on this year) 

Wasn't the chain case's fault. Upon tearing into it at home i knew what went wrong before I got it open. 

At the top of the case on the backside is a molded place where a bolt and nyloc goes thru. It has an aluminum bar that comes down at a 45 degree  from the pyramid and a black one that comes horizontally across and ties everything in. I could see where the nyloc was but it and the bolt were gone and the support bars were just floating like a fart in the wind. I was hammering some 12 inch Tug Hill moguls a little too hard I guess right when it happened. She is gonna get a serious maintenance smackdown this summer and WILL be ready to go in December. Hopefully in Quebec !!!!

Hope everyone had the best season possible given the state of the world. 

clova.jpg

13 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

BTW...my beloved 1200 Enduro that survived 10K plus last year blew a chain case on Tug Hill a couple weekends ago

Wasn't the chain case's fault. Upon tearing into it at home i knew what went wrong before I got it open. 

At the top of the case on the backside is a molded place where a bolt and nyloc goes thru. It has an aluminum bar that comes down at a 45 degree  from the pyramid and a black one that comes horizontally across and ties everything in. I could see where the nyloc was but it and the bolt were gone and the support bars were just floating like a fart in the wind. I was hammering some 12 inch Tug Hill moguls a little too hard I guess right when it happened. She is gonna get a serious maintenance smackdown this summer and WILL be ready to go in December. Hopefully in Quebec !!!!

clova.jpg

Chris, I just spent a week in west and north west new york, trails were very nice and tons of snow, very low traffic, really was surprised, I will post pics and write up on the weekend, hope all is well, Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

A year ago today in between Haltaparche and Parent at 12:05 p.m.

It was just groomed by my friend Tony last night/this morning from Parent to Wemo

What I would give to be there right now..............

And I would be willing to bet.....it looked JUST like it did last year as it does today.

!cid_1783cdcaa45207cf5f01.jpg

Edited by snowmaster2112

On 2/25/2021 at 7:03 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

clova.jpg

How goes it Chris ? Glad to see your still kicking! We worked on the hose or a fitting or something with the chain case last winter on our way to Lac Faillon if I recall. Couldn't have been the other Chris and my handy work though.....

8 hours ago, Pipeman said:

How goes it Chris ? Glad to see your still kicking! We worked on the hose or a fitting or something with the chain case last winter on our way to Lac Faillon if I recall. Couldn't have been the other Chris and my handy work though.....

Hey Wes, yes your right about the hose. Right near the club shack. Had some drinks and told lies at Faillon.

Here is a pic.....one year ago today at 4pm. My buddy and I left there to go spend our last night in Quebec with Jean-Guy at Haltaparche for the night.

!cid_1784251ab26bf07a231.jpg

12 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Chris, you have to be counting your blessings that you did all that in the winter of 19/20.  Imagine if you would have planned it for this past winter.  I, like all on QR, enjoyed riding along.  

Your not kidding there !! I'm still thankful everyday for being able to do what I did. This year.....makes me appreciate it that much more so. I also have much more appreciation for what it takes to join the elusive 10K club. Among the many other things, (luck, luck and more luck) time and money alone will kill you LOL  ( 3 grand ++ just for gas in the sled) How that Jim Jameson guy did twice that in one season is still something I cant get a grip on. Have recently had the wheels spinning in my head about Christmas/New Years week coming this December. Visiting my friends from Waswanapi at their camp in Miquelon on New Years eve (again) might just be in order.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:06 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

While we were at the Central we met Jeffrey Lebowski aka "The DUDE"..........

well.....not the REAL Jeffrey Lebowski but this guy damn sure came close. Here my buddy , also Jeffrey posing with a pic of him.

the Dude.jpg

Had a good chat with the dude when we passed though last year. Interesting fellow!

Pictures from one year ago this weekend.  The GF and I went to the Gaspe for 4 days of spring sledding.  Started on March 21st had an awesome day, the 22nd was just as good.....until!  We stopped at a restaurant late in the afternoon for a snack, the waitress asked us which way we were headed, when we told her she said she was surprised we were not heading for Nova Scotia.  She told us the Nova Scotia border was closing at 6am the next morning, it was just announced that morning.  Who watches the news when sledding?  We quickly finished lunch and headed for the truck.  I really did not think this whole Covid thing would turn out to be the global jackpot it has been.

20200321_112728.thumb.jpg.28946f8757a0d93b93b57493c8d754e2.jpg20200321_133414.thumb.jpg.c34e709e9de8931ce9609fbfcb9c5878.jpg

On 3/17/2021 at 6:43 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Hey Wes, yes your right about the hose. Right near the club shack. Had some drinks and told lies at Faillon.

Here is a pic.....one year ago today at 4pm. My buddy and I left there to go spend our last night in Quebec with Jean-Guy at Haltaparche for the night.

!cid_1784251ab26bf07a231.jpg

Feels like we just left there and it has been a year, last season was much better weather wise , nice feeling to pull into Central and visit friends, thanks for the pic!!