1st saddle bag trip of 08/09 season

GTSE800

Me and zeusand arrived at the Gouverneur hotel in Shawiningan on 01/19

We headed out on the 20th at 6am, rode tq 3 to La Malbaie and stayed at the Fairmont hotel, we arrived at 3:45 pm 250 miles.

Trails conditions was 8 to 10 and temps was -5 to 10f for the day, the sun was out perfect riding conditions.

Sun up.

IMG_2006.jpg

Had lumch here, great burgers

IMG_2021.jpg

Arriving at the Fairmont

IMG_2028.jpg

On the 21st we Left the Fairmont at 7am, took trail 378 (which was a fantastic trail) back onto 3 to to the ferry crossing in Tadousac.

Stayed on 3 to Sacre Coeur, and then on 93 through Mont Valins to Jonquiere and stayed at the HI.

Another great day of riding, trails were great and temps were perfect.

We arrived at the HI at 5:30 250 miles

Heated garage is nice.

IMG_2042.jpg

Ferry crossing

IMG_2064.jpg

On the 22nd, we rode with the one and only Saguenaybill, along with farmerold.

We rode around Lac Saint-Jean, another 250 mile day,

Trails was good and temps started at 15 and droped by the end of the day to -5.

zeusand, farmerold and saguenaybill.

IMG_2076.jpg

We had lunch here,

IMG_2079.jpg

On the way back to the HI, my sled reached it's 1st milestone,

IMG_2083.jpg

I was keeping a close eye on the odometer so I could take a picture, at 9980 miles the Engine management light started to blink.

I thought, Oh shit! the engines gonna blow before the 10k, it turned out the plug at the air box came loose, snapped it on and good to go.

On the 23rd, we left the HI at 6:30am, the temps started out at -15f. We took 83 to 23.

As we got up in to the mountains torwards L'Etape the temp dropped to -27f, trails was a 10 all the way.

IMO, when the temps get that cold, the best thing to doo is keep riding, it's when you stop you can realy feel the cold.

We made it to Saint-Raymond for lunch at 1:00 pm, fueled up and headed back to the Gouverneur.

We arrived at 5:45pm, 300 miles.

This is where we had breakfeast before L'etape, did not catch the name.

IMG_2085.jpg

Gas stop in L'etape

IMG_2089.jpg

Total trip, 1100 miles in 4 days, very little traffic out there, which makes for great trail conditions.

Headed home on the 24th.

Nice trip. Nice pictures, also. I love looking at the different pictures people post from their trips. I always look

to see if I've been there or I'll remember back to the last time I might have been trough a certain area. Makes

this site all the better to look at during the day.

Thanks - we are doing that same trip almost. Leaving St. Joseph de Mekinac to Roberval. Then out to the Mt. Valilns and over to the Saint Lawrence. How far from the ferry is the Faimont? Then down towards Shawinigan area. We are leaving Friday night and I know this is a few days early, but is it better to take 355 or 73 up to Roberval. Thanks

Thanks - we are doing that same trip almost. Leaving St. Joseph de Mekinac to Roberval. Then out to the Mt. Valilns and over to the Saint Lawrence. How far from the ferry is the Faimont? Then down towards Shawinigan area. We are leaving Friday night and I know this is a few days early, but is it better to take 355 or 73 up to Roberval. Thanks

Depending on the route you take, its around 70 miles or so. 378 was a great trail.

We were gonna take 355 back to Shawiningan, but we figured being a long distance day that taking 23 would have the fastest trails.

I think 73 to 83 is a much longer ride, there is a part of 355 I think they call the pipe line? is a pretty awesome ride if you like to get a little air under ya.

Have fun, right now its great conditions.

Depending on the route you take, its around 70 miles or so. 378 was a great trail.

We were gonna take 355 back to Shawiningan, but we figured being a long distance day that taking 23 would have the fastest trails.

I think 73 to 83 is a much longer ride, there is a part of 355 I think they call the pipe line? is a pretty awesome ride if you like to get a little air under ya.

Have fun, right now its great conditions.

Thanks GTSE800 - I love the pipeline. I know it is longer but I love the ride from relies 22 (83) to Roberval. It is that section on 73 out of La Tuque I could live without. I also have been on 355 when it has not been Groomed which can make a long ride.

Me and zeusand arrived at the Gouverneur hotel in Shawiningan on 01/19

We headed out on the 20th at 6am, rode tq 3 to La Malbaie and stayed at the Fairmont hotel, we arrived at 3:45 pm 250 miles.

Trails conditions was 8 to 10 and temps was -5 to 10f for the day, the sun was out perfect riding conditions.

Sun up.

IMG_2006.jpg

Had lumch here, great burgers

IMG_2021.jpg

Arriving at the Fairmont

IMG_2028.jpg

On the 21st we Left the Fairmont at 7am, took trail 378 (which was a fantastic trail) back onto 3 to to the ferry crossing in Tadousac.

Stayed on 3 to Sacre Coeur, and then on 93 through Mont Valins to Jonquiere and stayed at the HI.

Another great day of riding, trails were great and temps were perfect.

We arrived at the HI at 5:30 250 miles

Heated garage is nice.

IMG_2042.jpg

Ferry crossing

IMG_2064.jpg

On the 22nd, we rode with the one and only Saguenaybill, along with farmerold.

We rode around Lac Saint-Jean, another 250 mile day,

Trails was good and temps started at 15 and droped by the end of the day to -5.

zeusand, farmerold and saguenaybill.

IMG_2076.jpg

We had lunch here,

IMG_2079.jpg

On the way back to the HI, my sled reached it's 1st milestone,

IMG_2083.jpg

I was keeping a close eye on the odometer so I could take a picture, at 9980 miles the Engine management light started to blink.

I thought, Oh shit! the engines gonna blow before the 10k, it turned out the plug at the air box came loose, snapped it on and good to go.

On the 23rd, we left the HI at 6:30am, the temps started out at -15f. We took 83 to 23.

As we got up in to the mountains torwards L'Etape the temp dropped to -27f, trails was a 10 all the way.

IMO, when the temps get that cold, the best thing to doo is keep riding, it's when you stop you can realy feel the cold.

We made it to Saint-Raymond for lunch at 1:00 pm, fueled up and headed back to the Gouverneur.

We arrived at 5:45pm, 300 miles.

This is where we had breakfeast before L'etape, did not catch the name.

IMG_2085.jpg

Gas stop in L'etape

IMG_2089.jpg

Total trip, 1100 miles in 4 days, very little traffic out there, which makes for great trail conditions.

Headed home on the 24th.

thats mont apica, we stopped there the day John blew his chaincase out, that trail that sucked heading back to the HI was just past there heading north.

Glad to see someones getting the miles in this year, I've not been riding much between the kids and the new job. No QC this year.