2021-22 season just ahead!

towing

Yeah, it's a new season that is just pointing ahead! It is looking so much better than at the same time last season. We can expect I think a "near normal" season, at least in the new normality parameters of having to show vaccination proof here and there and wearing a mask at some points. For now the covid19 situation here  is under good control and the restrictions are slowly releasing which is very encouraging. With the border being already reopened the whole picture is really promising for now

From what I have been told almost all outfitters/service points are planning to be there for us in Lanaudiere and Mauricie, no big issue yet that I am aware of. 

For now we are waiting for snow! The last year season's opening having been so late, the mark won't be hard to beat this year!

Hoping to left my first tracks in the beggining of december like the 2 seasons before...

I left you this video from 2018 opener, it was with my old camera setup a bit more shaky but the scenery was pretty impressive in the Mastigouche wildlife reserve

It was a 1st december... like in just a month!

Alain

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, jak said:

Any new news on crossing the border? I know we are allowed just wondering if the restrictions have changed. Thanks

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Returning to USA by land much less complicated than entering into Canada

Travelers who enter the United States at land POEs and ferry terminals do not require proof of a negative test; in addition, U.S. citizens and LPRs do not need to provide proof of vaccination status at land POEs and ferry terminals

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 8:58 PM, towing said:

Yeah, it's a new season that is just pointing ahead! It is looking so much better than at the same time last season. We can expect I think a "near normal" season, at least in the new normality parameters of having to show vaccination proof here and there and wearing a mask at some points. For now the covid19 situation here  is under good control and the restrictions are slowly releasing which is very encouraging. With the border being already reopened the whole picture is really promising for now

From what I have been told almost all outfitters/service points are planning to be there for us in Lanaudiere and Mauricie, no big issue yet that I am aware of. 

For now we are waiting for snow! The last year season's opening having been so late, the mark won't be hard to beat this year!

Hoping to left my first tracks in the beggining of december like the 2 seasons before...

I left you this video from 2018 opener, it was with my old camera setup a bit more shaky but the scenery was pretty impressive in the Mastigouche wildlife reserve

It was a 1st december... like in just a month!

Alain

How are things shaping up?  Anytime soon?  Or do we have a repeat of last season?

19 hours ago, Signfan said:

How are things shaping up?  Anytime soon?  Or do we have a repeat of last season?

We won't ride this weekend but things slowly shaping up. The last 3 weeks+ had been colder than the average and the next 2 weeks forecast look good (around -15Cnight /-8Cday in st-Zenon area)

We have a bit of snow/ice to the ground home, St-Zenon had something like 5-6" of powder(last weekend). 

There is a storm on the way, a 6" of snow forecast Sunday but some rain on Monday so we have to wait and see but it is plausible to be able to ride mid. december if mother nature cooperate...

So it is looking way better than last season, I keep you inform how it goes...