2022 Quebec Season Summary

mrgrumpers

It is that time of the year where I am putting the sleds away even though it pains me to do so.  As always I will try to be as detailed as possible with everything this year... trails, covid, food.  Both trips we did our normal stay around the Saint-Michel-des-Saints/Saint-Zénon location.  We normally stay at Real Masse but with them being closed we had to find another location.  We got an AirBnb since it seemed easiest for us with covid and the quarantine stuff.

This post is gonna be super long so thanks for reading taking the time to read it.  If we passed you while riding or said hello at a stop it was nice to meet you.

Trip 1: Jan 29th - Feb 5th

The first trip of the year started out with a bang as PA/NJ/NY where getting hammered with snow.  So driving through the snow was fun just added some more time on the drive but it was worth it.  Stopped at the border around 12:45PM with barely any line.  Gave all information and it went smoothly except for the the arrival app to freak out and say we had a third passenger.  Thankfully that person was from the previous car and the person realized that.  Was kind of expecting to get selected for testing as my father works in a hospital.  We weren't which shocked the crap out of me and went as quick as possible so they didn't change their minds.  Got to our destination super late which sucked because I wanted to get a quick run of our new sleds.  Thankfully we were one of the lucky ones to get our new 2022 Polaris VR1s in time to ride this year.  Did 1190 miles for the week, went almost everywhere in the region to just see all the sites we missed.  

Jan 30th:

• Trip Summary - overtop dam, then towards Koubec
  • Trip Length - 182 miles
  • Trails - 345, 360, 23, 33, 350, local trails
  • Trail Conditions 8.5 out of 10

Jan 31st

• Trip Summary - Repos then to Riviere-Mattwain 
  • Trip Length - 243 miles
  • Trails - 33, 345, 360, M20(local trail to Riviere-Mattawin)
  • Trail Conditions 9.5 out of 10

Feb 1st

• Trip Summary - South Saint-Cuthbert, Saint-Paulin, La Blanc
  • Trip Length - 197 miles
  • Trails - 63, 23, 3, 350

Feb 2nd

• Trip Summary - Saint Donat
  • Trip Length - 185 miles
  • Trails - 63, 33, 310

Feb 3rd

• Trip Summary - Riviere-Rogue
  • Trip Length - 182 miles
  • Trails - 63, 33

Feb 4th

• Trip Summary - Riviere-Mattwain 
  • Trip Length - 200 miles
  • Trails - 33, 360

Trip 1 images:

foggqRr.jpg

BixzkDV.jpg

1virJst.jpg

jH3Eb72.jpg

Yl1XNMJ.jpg

IVa3FUU.jpg

Swp3yLl.jpg

Trip 2: Feb 19th - Feb 25th

Second trip of the year was just as great as the first trip.  Driving up was a little easier until Montreal as it was almost white out conditions.  The moto of the trip was smiles not miles.  We weren't concerned about putting a ton of miles on this trip but more enjoying the last time until next year.  We were able to meet some locals and ride with them as well meet some friends from down home.  Put on 960 miles for our 6 days and couldn't have asked for a more.

Feb 20th

• Trip Summary - Up to Lac Tauruea resort and back down to Saint-Michel.  Coin-lavigne to meet friends and get a bit to eat.
  • Trip Length - 140 miles
  • Trails - 63, 33
  • Trail Conditions 7 out of 10 (it was the free weekend it was busy)

Feb 21st

• Trip Length - 220 miles
  • Trails - 33, 360, M20
  • Trail Conditions 9 out of 10

Feb 22nd

• Trip Summary - Riviere-Rogue & Labelle
  • Trip Length - 180 miles
  • Trails - 63, 323, 325

Feb 23rd

• Trip Summary - Koubec (freezing rain over night Tuesday, waited for trails to get rode over before riding)
  • Trip Length - 110 miles
  • Trails - 63, 33

Feb 24th

• Trip Length - 200 miles
  • Trails - 33, 360

Feb 25th

• Trip Summary - Koubec then overtop dam
  • Trip Length - 120 miles
  • Trails - 345, 360, 23, 33, 350

Trip 2 images:

Al6ZuX7.jpg

CCSwACY.jpg

QUe8zzz.jpg

tS0mkro.jpg

OtnTYyY.jpg

u2P1Wfa.jpg

WwsAyRu.jpg

Will post some videos of riding whenever they get uploaded.

Edited by mrgrumpers
Adding images.

45 minutes ago, Yeti62 said:

Sleds put away??? Season just getting going!!!! Best time to Ride is now till April 1 st!!

Oh I know but I don't have that much time to take off of work.  Also PA isn't going to get anymore snow this year.  I wish I could go back up but life has it ways.

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

Those VR1's look sharp.  How did you like them?     I have rented them 3 times now and found them to be the most fun sleds I have ever driven.

mike

Thanks!!  Love them, best sled I have ever owned.  Handles amazing, takes the bumps even better.  Rode out to Rivierie-Rogue and part of 63 hasn't been groomed in a couple of days.  Sled just went over the bumps like it was nothing.  We both have 650s and they are all you need honestly.  The midrange of those sleds are amazing, don't realize how quick they go.