Hotel Roquemont heading to Lac St Jean

Fuse6

One of our trips this winter we want to start from Hotel Roquemont and head north. Second night we will be somewhere in the Mont Valin area. Been to Mont Valin area couple times past few years so l’m familiar with the east side of the Sageunay River.

Not familiar with the area south of LSJ and looking for lodging suggestions first night.

Windigo or Le Relais 22 look like options. Any pro or cons between the two for group of men? 
Our first day of riding will be Sunday. Would trail 73 possibly be in better shape vs the 23 on a Sunday. 

If Windigo or Le Relais isn’t the spot then what other suggestions in the Roberval/ Alma area.

Thanks

Windigo is a great place.  Best to make reservations as previously stated.  They were full for February 7th when I called.  Couple of other good places that you could use - Auberge Eva in Lac Bouchette, Chateau Roberval in Roberval, Hotel Du Jardin in St. Felicien, Universal in Alma.

I prefer 22.  accommodations are a separate building with a common room to hangout.  with bedrooms down two wings.  bathrooms are shared but plenty big enough.  food was pretty good there as well.  service last year was great also a small bar where some locals come in.  side note one of the helpers said they have snow into late April to ride.

17 hours ago, smclelan said:

Certainly my choice would be Windigo.  The owners are great people and make you feel very welcome.  You should definitely plan and book ahead as they to get a lot of tours there. 

Steven do they speak good English if l call. 
Don't seem to get reply back from many places when email.

Regret l didn’t have a better attitude when they forced us to take French back in school.

2 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Steven do they speak good English if l call. 
Don't seem to get reply back from many places when email.

Regret l didn’t have a better attitude when they forced us to take French back in school.

Yes, as GSX800 said her English is good.  She will use FB, their website, or telephone.

I agree with the attitude at school thing. Now I find that if I try my limited french on them, wave my arms, and laugh, they will wave their arms, laugh at me, then 99 time out of 100 they get my money and I get what I want. LOL

5 hours ago, ODog said:

Windigo for sure. 

22 is good for a lunch spot and to warm up, but the accommodations aren't the best. Very small rooms and uncomfortable beds. 

O

I like the place until it comes to opening the door to room 201, I had that jail cell three times now.🙄