amqui to moose valley nb

Rodmax

Coming to RDL early Feb.  I know you take trail 85 to New Brunswick going Moose Valley.  After getting to the border of New Brunswick is there signs to get to Moose Valley? I want to go to that restaurant.  Also is there a place to buy a New Brunswick trail pass. Thanks 

6 hours ago, Rodmax said:

anyone know how the conditions are from Amqui qc. to Moose Valley n.b.??

thanks

Didn’t ride to Moose Valley but rode from Amqui to Lac Humqui Tuesday and trails were mint. Only thing is big storm today here so that changes everything 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Coming to RDL early Feb.  I know you take trail 85 to New Brunswick going Moose Valley.  After getting to the border of New Brunswick is there signs to get to Moose Valley? I want to go to that restaurant.  Also is there a place to buy a New Brunswick trail pass. Thanks 

There usually are signs but get the NB trail app. It is similar to iMotoneige and works well. If you come in from Degelis on 85 you will want to make a left on 17 I think. Then that will take you right there

This is the map on the app. A is an Irving at the border and B is Moose Valley. Right now it shows a closed section in black. Not sure if that is accurate. 

DC5E1CF3-5780-4146-B6BA-F273E3C702A8.png

Shore 1066, 

Did RDL to Moose Valley in 2020 several times but haven't done the trip since. Maybe this week I will get to it.

I like going RDL to St. Cyprien to Squatec. Then leave Swautec on #35 east.  Maybe about 20 miles out of Squatec you will see a right turn signed to head to Moose Valley and New Brunswick. Quite a few miles down you can take a left or right, both go to Moose Valley ( trail to right is the most scenic.

Going this way is about 120 miles one way and the last stretch to Moose Valley  going this way is breath taking We get gas at Squatec both ways and also Moose Valley as I recall.

mike

5 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Shore 1066, 

Did RDL to Moose Valley in 2020 several times but haven't done the trip since. Maybe this week I will get to it.

I like going RDL to St. Cyprien to Squatec. Then leave Swautec on #35 east.  Maybe about 20 miles out of Squatec you will see a right turn signed to head to Moose Valley and New Brunswick. Quite a few miles down you can take a left or right, both go to Moose Valley ( trail to right is the most scenic.

Going this way is about 120 miles one way and the last stretch to Moose Valley  going this way is breath taking We get gas at Squatec both ways and also Moose Valley as I recall.

mike

I agree Mike, that trail in the Northwest corner of NB is awesome 

The Federation map shows a yellow trail from Amqui thru Canton-Jette to the NB border.  It measures 50 miles.  I have never been on that but if the trail is open, that would be your shortest route to NB.  From the NB border it looks like 35 miles to Moose Valley.  Maybe check with the club that takes care of that trail.  It looks pretty remote but isn't that what we do.

Jack & Sandi  🙂

Edited by revct1

24 minutes ago, revct1 said:

The Federation map shows a yellow trail from Amqui thru Canton-Jette to the NB border.  It measures 50 miles.  I have never been on that but if the trail is open, that would be your shortest route to NB.  From the NB border it looks like 35 miles to Moose Valley.  Maybe check with the club that takes care of that trail.  It looks pretty remote but isn't that what we do.

Jack & Sandi  🙂

Jack, if you leave Amqui and take the trail from the gas station in St. Irene it’s 154 local. When you cross into NB it is 155, you take that to 17 then to Moose Valley. It’s 100 miles from Amqui to Moose Valley this way