Champlain/Gazoduc/Zec Tawachiche photo ride-report february 11, 2023

towing

Here is our yesterday loop ride February 11 in Mauricie area

carte_1DaWcTAcfviFg4eCPm6mhA.jpg

With perfect winter conditions, we left the Champlain area with our ride partner Snowcruiser and his friend Michel. Here on trail #351 along #40 highway #40 eastbound

DJI_0404.JPG

At the first junction we passed under the highway via the local trail towards St-Luc de Vincennes. Here on a small bridge, not the prettiest but which does the job perfectly.

DJI_0409.JPG

We joined #3 trail which we headed east

DJI_0417.JPG

This sign above with the name of Claude Cosette piqued my curiosity and today I search a bit to find that he was a pioneer in the Champlain Snowmobile Club involved as director and volunteer for the St-Narcisse sector.

A little further we switched north towards St-Séverin and then St-Tite

DJI_0423.JPG

DJI_0426.JPG

One of the 3 places (2 on the ice and 1 on a bridge) where we cross the Rivière des Envies. We finally got enough cold for it to be safe

DJI_0428_3rXgoEjtGAX2A4GnmanKJB.JPG

We then took the #23 and then the #360 towards St-Joseph de Mékinac

DJI_0433.png

To have a meal at the village restaurant a little before noon

DJI_0452.JPG

After a good lunch break we continued north 

DJI_0461.JPG

To ride #355 trail Gazoduc section. It was not freshly groomed but was nice

DJI_0470.png

At the next intersection we took a short break before heading south on #351 trail. A nice surprise appeared there

DJI_0475.png

We therefore continued towards Zec Tawachiche on a freshly groomed trail.

DJI_0480.png

DJI_0484.JPG

We then headed east towards Lac Aux Sables. Here on the river which is very strong in Notre Dame de Montauban area

DJI_0495.png

We then took the #353 towards St-Ubalde. It turned out to be the worst day choice because it was quite worn on some sections

We took a break at the  #351/#302 trails junction because my passenger really needed it! We then continued on the #302 which gave us back a big smile on our face

DJI_0504.JPG

A visit to the St-Casimir cemetery!

DJI_0524.JPG

For then cross the Ste-Anne River. It's a bit narrow but by looking down we still appreciate it!

DJI_0538.JPG

We took a last break at #351 trail  junction. As we chattered we saw the horizon turn more and more colored

DJI_0546.JPG

We then made our last stretch on #351 to return to our starting point. For those wondering if super Dominator LED lights work, that's what I have and Snowcruiser in front me is stock...

DJI_0560.png

We returned to our starting point around 6:30 p.m. with 277 km on the dreammeter.

So an impressive snow cover everywhere that will help us get through the period of milder weather announced for the next few days, hoping that it will be colder than forecasted!

Bye!

Alain

Edited by towing

Alain, such beautiful pictures and what looked like a PERFECT Quebec snowmobile ride day. Saturday no less...LOL

007    "No one does it better" ....than Alain & Kristine   !!!!!

Thanks SO much mon ami for the report and pics. Gets me excited for trip to Gaspe soon. Have not done in quite awhile and really look forward to it. Will be nice to get out of the bush for a change...LOL

Edited by snowmaster2112

On 2/12/2023 at 6:38 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Alain, such beautiful pictures and what looked like a PERFECT Quebec snowmobile ride day. Saturday no less...LOL

007    "No one does it better" ....than Alain & Kristine   !!!!!

Thanks SO much mon ami for the report and pics. Gets me excited for trip to Gaspe soon. Have not done in quite awhile and really look forward to it. Will be nice to get out of the bush for a change...LOL

Thanks Snowmaster! I think you will love your ride toward Gaspésia. I don't know if you had seen auberge grande Nature in St-Octave de l'avenir(near Cap-Chat) just at the foot of chic chocs but if not it worth the detour, for the view and more. If you decide to stay there and have the chance to get their scandinavian wood log cabin, it's one of the prettiest chalet I had chance to rent.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, mikerider said:

Most wonderful pictures,  your area is very beautiful.  And those headlights are just incredible.

mike

Thanks Mike! My friend Snowcruiser was thinking he had a train following behind at first! he felt he was just making shadow to me with is sled 😄 

On 2/13/2023 at 5:28 PM, mccaffrey said:

Thanks for the ride.

Lighting is a good thing.

You are welcome mccaffrey! It's the first time I go aftermarket for light on a sled, those gen4 are really weak stock... a good way for brp to sell more auxiliary light kits!

As a bonus because the weather and my equipment cooperate, I had been able to put together this video of the ride...

Edited by towing