Suggested route

doobraap

Hi All, 

We are doing a 2 day ride from Beauce to RDL and back this weekend.  Any thoughts on TQ55 vs TQ35 Vs TQ5? right now?  Maybe out one way and back another?  Normally I wouldnt even think about it but with the warm weather maybe one way is better?

Any idea if there more snow toward the river or toward Maine right now? 

Any tips appreciated...

Riding out of RDL this afternoon plus the last couple days. Close to the river is low snow but up until now it was fine. Once a few miles sourh of the river there is plenty of snow.  The water content in the snow isn't much in the shaded areas so those are the better routes.  I guess 55 would be my choice, and at the St. Pamphile clubhouse take the green trail over the mountain. I would think 35 should be fine also. Trail 5 has had very good snow depths, I've been as far west as club Hiboux on #5.

3 hours ago, doobraap said:

Hi All, 

We are doing a 2 day ride from Beauce to RDL and back this weekend.  Any thoughts on TQ55 vs TQ35 Vs TQ5? right now?  Maybe out one way and back another?  Normally I wouldnt even think about it but with the warm weather maybe one way is better?

Any idea if there more snow toward the river or toward Maine right now? 

Any tips appreciated...

You should be fine. We left from Vermont last week to RDL. Close to the border would be a no-go today, but from Beauce should still be fine, 55 to St Panphille Golf course, 547 to 35 to 526 to RDL. Came back on 5 to 75. Conditions were great, RDL a little low around town, but everywhere else had plenty of snow, and a little more tonight.

We have decided to drive to Florenceville Wednesday nite and then into RDL Thursday by noon.

Then we will unload and ride Thur,Fri,Sat…and head home to Maine. Back in RDL 3/8 leaving 3/13 AM.

So with a little luck and the 8-12 RDL just got….we will be in prime time… then put them away til December.

Great ride today to RDL from beauce. 55 was perfect to pamphile, 557 north was ungroomed but had lots of fresh powder making it the best trail of the day. 526 in to RDL was great too.  

Hopefully tomorrow is just as good!!

Edited by doobraap

Just to finish up the report the ride back was great as well.  Took a little bit of TQ5 before dropping town to TQ35 then to 557 to Pamphile.  Took a  small detour and went through the Parc du  Massif Sud to the lookout then to St Sabine for late lunch. 

There was a good view from the lookout tower.

massif.jpeg