artcat900

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

That loop is on my to-do list. If anyone has the gps track, I'd love a copy. Here's a copy of the map from a placemat at the Tamarack...

Anybody Else?????

Anybody with info or experience on doing all, or part of this loop??

timbo

not to be negative, is that area passable after the damage from the fires?

GutZ

just made a quick search on the french forum ,no info about that yet .maybe it still a bit too early before having info.

groomer !!!

• 1 month later...

just made a quick search on the french forum ,no info about that yet .maybe it still a bit too early before having info.

groomer !!!

Still hopeful that somebody who has ridden up to one of the outfitters on the Gouin can provide some insight on doing the loop shown on the Tamarac placemap. It seems that there are 3 outfitters (plus the indian village) up there that are open in the winter??? You juiced-up freeriders who long for the big off-trail experience should know something about this?? Anybody??

Still hopeful that somebody who has ridden up to one of the outfitters on the Gouin can provide some insight on doing the loop shown on the Tamarac placemap. It seems that there are 3 outfitters (plus the indian village) up there that are open in the winter??? You juiced-up freeriders who long for the big off-trail experience should know something about this?? Anybody??

i have not done this loop, yet.

My brother in law does business with at least one of the outfitters there. He told me about the loop. He knows I have ridden just about everywhere and said go there.

Talking with Martin at the Tamarac in Clova it seems like a very popular run for the groups from mt Laurier(mostly French) from France . There is an Indian woman who makes traditional meals by reservation in her home (lunch stop for the tourists)

Most of the trail is over the ice at times they say you can see no land at all just stakes marking The trail

Note not groomed as often as is a private loop and not sure if they groom on the reservoir but I doubt it so never know what is like.

They are open in winter

I can verify that before we get the groomers going this year.

That's all I got for you Timbo looks like a great loop is on my list for sure maybe this season.

So many trails so little time.

hi timbo !!!

not 100% sure about your last sentence( translation ) ,but don t worry i ll e mail back that guy who gave me those info back in may if he have some more for me.

he was supposed to e mail me back more info during the summer , but never did .

groomer !!! :drinks:

got it open groomer , its the gps track log that he did . I'm having trouble uploading it here once I opened it I'll try later

ok.i ll be very glad to help you, but i m not a computer guru !!! :lol:

groomer !!! :drinks:

just sent the e mail !!

let' s wait !!

hope the pic won t hurt too much !!! :lol::lol::lol:

groomer !!!

Thanx, Jean-Guy,

Fantastic pic, by the way. Sounds like artcat900 was able to get it open........ i was not so successful! I can't get it open. Maybee he can post the trac on here.

appreciate your help.!

timbo

:D

i have not done this loop, yet.

My brother in law does business with at least one of the outfitters there. He told me about the loop. He knows I have ridden just about everywhere and said go there.

Talking with Martin at the Tamarac in Clova it seems like a very popular run for the groups from mt Laurier(mostly French) from France . There is an Indian woman who makes traditional meals by reservation in her home (lunch stop for the tourists)

Most of the trail is over the ice at times they say you can see no land at all just stakes marking The trail

Note not groomed as often as is a private loop and not sure if they groom on the reservoir but I doubt it so never know what is like.

They are open in winter

I can verify that before we get the groomers going this year.

That's all I got for you Timbo looks like a great loop is on my list for sure maybe this season.

So many trails so little time.

Greetings Iceman

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a hoot of a trip. Kinda reminds me of a jaunt like the first time I rode from Manawan over Lac Kempt up to Kanawata right agter it had first opened. That was about 15 years ago when that was the end of the "world". Although that was not "staked" and it was at nite. If the ice portions on the Gouin are staked it would be sweet.

Did your brother in law believe that the non-ice sections were groomed more than once? Are they on bush roads or cross country from portage to portage?? It will be great if we can get the tracks that groomer sent to artcat900 and overlay them on Google Earth.

If they are taking tour groups from Europe up there with any regularity, the trail portions must be at least half decent for those pilgrim to traverse them on two-ups???

Any info you could get on potential "first grooming" would be super. Appreciate your help.

timbo

Hi Jean Guy

Can you send me the track as well please.

Thanks Andy

hi andy !!

send me your e mail adress by pm.lost it .

if you can do it before 2 15 hrs -2 30 pm this afternoon before i go to my camp.if not ,sunday afternoon.

jean-guy :drinks:

Thanx, Jean-Guy,

Fantastic pic, by the way. Sounds like artcat900 was able to get it open........ i was not so successful! I can't get it open. Maybee he can post the trac on here.

appreciate your help.!

timbo

:D

bienvenue timbo !!

ready to go to my camp andy !! sent you a pm.

jean-guy :drinks:

Greetings Iceman

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a hoot of a trip. Kinda reminds me of a jaunt like the first time I rode from Manawan over Lac Kempt up to Kanawata right agter it had first opened. That was about 15 years ago when that was the end of the "world". Although that was not "staked" and it was at nite. If the ice portions on the Gouin are staked it would be sweet.

Did your brother in law believe that the non-ice sections were groomed more than once? Are they on bush roads or cross country from portage to portage?? It will be great if we can get the tracks that groomer sent to artcat900 and overlay them on Google Earth.

If they are taking tour groups from Europe up there with any regularity, the trail portions must be at least half decent for those pilgrim to traverse them on two-ups???

Any info you could get on potential "first grooming" would be super. Appreciate your help.

timbo

screenshot of goulin tracks

post-83-058367100 1281745825_thumb.jpg

screenshot of goulin tracks

Many thanks, Artcat900!

That track comes in from the north, from Chapais. It's a proven tack for getting there, but one would have the jaunt to get to Chibougammau (Chapais) to enjoy that track. Was hoping for a track from the south along the lines of the now infamous "placemat map" from Clova.

Would not want to have to ride up either thru Lebel or from La Dore to begin our excursion to Obedjiwan; but, if that's the only way to get there for the first run.......so be it.

We'll keep searching. Thanks again for the info.

timbo

Many thanks, Artcat900!

That track comes in from the north, from Chapais. It's a proven tack for getting there, but one would have the jaunt to get to Chibougammau (Chapais) to enjoy that track. Was hoping for a track from the south along the lines of the now infamous "placemat map" from Clova.

Would not want to have to ride up either thru Lebel or from La Dore to begin our excursion to Obedjiwan; but, if that's the only way to get there for the first run.......so be it.

We'll keep searching. Thanks again for the info.

timbo

I'm in the same boat as you....Still searching for gps tracks to do the southern route

• 1 month later...

I'll be leaving in two weeks with a group of snowmobile buddys doing an atv trip up that way, our destination is Le Barrage Gouin about 90klms north of Parent, i believe it is one of the stops on that trail loop. I'll keep an eye out for the landscape (fire damage) and repost when i get back.

Salute

JG