Permit Sales Numbers

Signfan

I haven't heard any provincial numbers, but our club was up for the fourth consecutive year, reaching 471 from last year's 425  To put things in perspective, the 46 membership increase from last year would have represented more than half of our total membership back when I became club secretary in the late eighties.

We were a bit concerned as rumours swirled that the "COVID crowd" were selling off their sleds and returning to their snowbird ways, but apparently such was not the case.

One of our neighbouring clubs suffered a significant  decrease in membership, but since, under the new financing model, a club's revenues will be based more on hours of grooming than membership sales, their finances won't take as serious a hit.

Now that all Québec clubs are under the new model, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Time will tell ... 

Happy New Year to y'all by the way!

Edited by Gullyrider

1 hour ago, Gullyrider said:

One of our neighbouring clubs suffered a significant  decrease in membership, but since, under the new financing model, a club's revenues will be based more on hours of grooming than membership sales, their finances won't take as serious a hit.

Now that all Québec clubs are under the new model, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Time will tell ... 

Nova Scotia has been working on a similar groomer equalization model for several years, I believe it is the best way. Send money to the clubs that are doing the most grooming. 

On 12/31/2023 at 2:16 PM, smclelan said:

Nova Scotia has been working on a similar groomer equalization model for several years, I believe it is the best way. Send money to the clubs that are doing the most grooming. 

Yes, Ontario's been doing it this way for a number of years!