Conditions around Mont-Laurier

FCL

My buddy and I just returned from there this past weekend. Scratchy is a bit of an understatement. We launched from Montpellier Saturday AM and thought heading north would be safe. Everything showed green. We should have just stayed around Montpellier as conditions there were generally mint compared to what we encountered. We headed west on 43 to Notre Dame du-Laus. First hour was good but quickly deteriorated. A lot of shared trails with 4 wheelers combined with lack of snow created miles of pain. North on 53 improved some but definitely not the white ribbons we all seek. But Mont Laurier was pretty much negative numbers on a scale of 1 to 10. I wish I had pictures for you. My buddy and I were going to try the loop up to Fer A Cheval and 100 lacs, but after trying to get out of town, we were shot and went back to the Comfort in and got drunk at the La Cage. Trails within a 5 to 10 mile radius of Mont Laurier should all be at least yellow if not red. I would recommend studying the snow map https://www.weather.gov/nerfc/snow and go where there is snow. It's not Mont Laurier.   

• 2 weeks later...

FYI…….

friend stayed at Gouin last night. Their rig is in St Anne du Lac. Said 345 was nice ride back today but they were riding some mud around St Anne. They were supposed to stay until Sunday and leaving tomorrow 

he said tomorrow will kill it there

sad

I would agree after riding home that way.   A lot of trails will not hold at all with the next couple days.  Damn shame, I have been trying to get my wife to come up for a back packer with me and she finally agreed.  We were leaving next Thursday.  This area is about our only option as she's not a long car rider and she teaches, so time is limited to next weekend only.  HUH, don't know what we will do.

9 hours ago, ChrisWright said:

I would agree after riding home that way.   A lot of trails will not hold at all with the next couple days.  Damn shame, I have been trying to get my wife to come up for a back packer with me and she finally agreed.  We were leaving next Thursday.  This area is about our only option as she's not a long car rider and she teaches, so time is limited to next weekend only.  HUH, don't know what we will do.

Feel your pain I got my teacher out now but not easy for her to get away. Tomorrow not looking promising here in RDL for a nice day to ride.