Pointe a la Croix to Amqui-Moose Valley-Matane-595-New Richmond-Palc

Andyman

If you are sitting home wondering about the trails get off the couch load up and go. We just ran 1098km and with the exception of low snow around Amqui all good to go especially with this new snow. There is a big reroute on the 595 south of La Cache. It takes you east and intercepts the trail to Murdochville for a short distance. I kept looking at my GPS thinking where the Hell are we going but it actually only adds 12km to the trip to New Richmond.

Reroute.jpg

Thanks for the update Andy. Just the past couple days starting to see some Gaspe pics and reports and things look positive. 
Does that reroute take you up Mont Lyall? 

Great info !

We went RDL to Squatec to Amqui a few years back. Leading into Amqui there was a trail that was steep in spots…real pretty…higher elevation..windmills..then lead down into Amqui. What trail was that ? I think we headed across 35 in that direction.

10 hours ago, EastMark said:

Great info !

We went RDL to Squatec to Amqui a few years back. Leading into Amqui there was a trail that was steep in spots…real pretty…higher elevation..windmills..then lead down into Amqui. What trail was that ? I think we headed across 35 in that direction.

Andyman is right, that is the 587.  There is a side trail from up by the windmills that leads you to a high look-off tower surrounded by "mummy trees".

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Andyman is right, that is the 587.  There is a side trail from up by the windmills that leads you to a high look-off tower surrounded by "mummy trees".

Yes. That’s it. Thanks. I will check the map keep an eye out for the side trail.

Love this site and the sledders on it. 

Edited by EastMark

4 hours ago, Andyman said:

Nice…well that’s a huge help ! How far is the run up that off 587 once you turn up the trail Andy ? Looks like 2ish miles.

Great intel found only on QR. ✌️

Edited by EastMark

Coming out of Amqui early this AM. We came in 5 from Rimouski yesterday. Heading out to see the mummy’s and up over the beautiful windmill trail.

When We get to the split of 579 / 587 is one way or the other more scenic/ better trail ? I’m routing and would like the best scenery.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2024_02/IMG_2093.thumb.jpeg.7c07358c9eff239fc9d81831414b69d1.jpeg

Edited by EastMark