Mild Winter and BRP

These numbers are terrible....thankfully they are well positioned with a large variety of products...we all knew this was coming...means less traffic and better trail conditions...and some sweet deals on left overs...but probably going to be a killer trading anything with miles or more than 2 seasons old

So my 2015 with 30,000 kms that i paid $8000 for 5 years ago isn't still worth $12,000 to sell today?  Guess I should pull my ad down.  Lol.

Considering the economy, the end of Covid and the weather, I'd say BRP has nothing to spitt at with those numbers.  Still pretty respectful and better than pre-covid.  

BRP isn't the only Quebec business looking at dismal numbers.  There are lots of motels, restaurants, relais, and a hundred other businesses that have had a terrible winter.  The area around Quebec City had nothing to speak of for snow.  This was the first time in 25 years I haven't sledded in the Gaspe.  Trailered to the Quality Inn Matane then on the ferry was it.  Sledded 5 days in Baie Comeau, Forestville, Mont Valin area, first time ever to measure snow depth in inches instead of feet.  Pretty well every business we stopped at said thanks for coming, and appreciated our business, they all said numbers were terrible.  

On 3/29/2024 at 12:15 AM, DareDog said:

Certainly no surprises there. Most definitely a weather dependant sport. And weather is crtainly not dependable.

Edited by wng-2

On 3/29/2024 at 8:09 PM, smclelan said:

BRP isn't the only Quebec business looking at dismal numbers.  There are lots of motels, restaurants, relais, and a hundred other businesses that have had a terrible winter.  The area around Quebec City had nothing to speak of for snow.  Things was the first time in 25 years I haven't sledded in the Gaspe.  Trailered to the Quality Inn Matane then on the ferry was it.  Sledded 5 days in Baie Comeau, Forestville, Mont Valin area, first time ever to measure snow depth in inches instead of feet.  Pretty well every business we stopped at said thanks for coming, and appreciated our business, they all said numbers were terrible.  

And yet 3 guys die in an avalanche there in late March. Still blows my mind. Hasn’t even been a week yet. I feel so bad for their families and the guy that made it out. I hope they all find peace in time.