Conditions Now

iceman

Not Good.

Around here in Shawinigan and the surrounding area, the only thing I can say is It's SHIT.

The old saying "One step ahead" well we are now "Three steps back for sure."

Sorry for the bad news.

We need real cold weather to set the ice

many places are way to soft to groom even if it snows 3 feet. Fact.

I have don't been up north since that last report (26 dec) but the comments I read in frenchs forums and the Lanaudiere trail conditions web site are clear on the conditions for now:

General conditions

* Very limited

State of trails

* Impraticables

The temp. should lower this next night and keep below 0C for the next but the damage is done and we are now in a big need of more snow and there's nothing big in the next day forecast :( :(

Alain

Just got back and yes trails are shot around St michel area. North of the lake it MAY have a chance of surviving if it gets cold as of 4 pm yesterday there was still about 6" left on Tq 33 north to Repo but really soft and decide to turn back as it was starting to rain. South of that there was a lot of bare dirt showing.

Trail 318 and 33 out of town yesterday afternoon was about 75% dirt on the trail and still raining. Decided to take the lake back to town from Auberge du Lac Toro. That was pretty much standing water on top of the ice.

Summary, the base is shot they have to start all over around town, 33 and 360 MAY have a chance it it turns cold very soon

Spot link of trip for Friday ( That was actually a very good ride before it started to rain) and Saturday ( short ride)

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZL8x0gp106yRrE9ixqdK77r68EbmEvr7

lac etchemin area,guy said, forget it ,unless of a snowstorm.rained a lot last night and this morning.sunny right now .

samething for laurier-station

another said it turned to snow in latuque.

you re welcome dave !! :drinks:

groomer !!!

Just got back and yes trails are shot around St michel area. North of the lake it MAY have a chance of surviving if it gets cold as of 4 pm yesterday there was still about 6" left on Tq 33 north to Repo but really soft and decide to turn back as it was starting to rain. South of that there was a lot of bare dirt showing.

Trail 318 and 33 out of town yesterday afternoon was about 75% dirt on the trail and still raining. Decided to take the lake back to town from Auberge du Lac Toro. That was pretty much standing water on top of the ice.

Summary, the base is shot they have to start all over around town, 33 and 360 MAY have a chance it it turns cold very soon

Spot link of trip for Friday ( That was actually a very good ride before it started to rain) and Saturday ( short ride)

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZL8x0gp106yRrE9ixqdK77r68EbmEvr7

Today I took a blast up 33 towards Repo (just past 360) and it wasn't half bad in the woods. Spring like conditions for sure but flat. I'm pretty sure I was the only fool out there. Friends went all the way to Repo on Saturday and it was nice. Anything South towards St. Michelle was crap though. artcat900, looks like I was banging around the same trails you were, I'm sure we past each other over the last few days. It was sad to see the temps rise into the 40's and rain like hell. oh well...

Condition La Tuque.

Mauvaise nouvelle. La #355S Gazoduc impraticable, beaucoup d'eau dans les basseurs et très peu de neige. Pour la #73 N elle n'était pas encore ouverte mais on avait un peu de neige. Tout à fondu, le 3/4 du sentier est sur la gravel car chemin de bois. La #73S partir de Jeannotte vers La Tuque ouverte mais glacé à plusieurs endroits. C'est pas beau. On doit attendre une prochaine bordée de neige.

Pour La Mauricie je vais avoir des nouvelles ce soir mais j'imagine que ça doit pas être mieux.

355s ,gazoduc ,not rideable ,lots of water in the lower elevations and not much snow.

73 n ,was nt open yet ,not much snow.most of it on dirt.

73 s,jeannotte to la tuque ,still open ,but icy at many places.not too nice......need a snowstorm.

groomer !!!

Everywhere needs more snow. Bad shape all over. Yes things are freezing back but damage is done. Can't groom rocks.Relax a few weeks that is the way it is. We wait for snow. Like usual this time of year. Is still very early.