2012 Cats

Bill

I saw the new Cats last night at the Augusta, Maine show. I had sworn off Cats, but must admit the new four stroke Cat is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Sleds looked very sharp and were exceptionally light.

The only review I can find so far on them is at Supertrax Magazine's web site homepage. It is a glowing review.

I will give reviews of the sled next season to all who donate to: mikeridersledfund.com. Visa and Mastercard proudly accepted.

I am under the impression that a US purchased sled is not covered by warranty in Canada. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I still believe that if you ride Canada a Ski Doo is the sled to have, plenty of parts...

Last week one guy with us blew a chain & it went thru the chaincase, 19 hours later he was running again. He purchased a used chaincase but it is a non wear part...

I agree with Mike the new Cats have me thinking...

You can put lipstick on a cat and its still a cat. Sorry its true.

I have always been a Cat lover but only of the 4 legged type. I refuse to ride long distance saddlebag trips with an Arctic Crap..Cat sorry in the herd. =@

lol true doo or die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK I am a sucker for a pretty face... :yahoo:

I am very happy with the new 2011 800 e tec Gade so there is no new sled in my near future...

I saw the new Cats last night at the Augusta, Maine show. I had sworn off Cats, but must admit the new four stroke Cat is at the top of my wish list at the moment. Sleds looked very sharp and were exceptionally light.

The only review I can find so far on them is at Supertrax Magazine's web site homepage. It is a glowing review.

I will give reviews of the sled next season to all who donate to: mikeridersledfund.com. Visa and Mastercard proudly accepted.

F 1100 Turbo SP LTD = 249kg / 549lbs

F 800 SP = 208kg / 459lbs

F 1100 SP = 239kg / 527lbs

XF 1100 Turbo SP LTD = 249kg / 549lbs

XF 800 SP High Country = 207kg / 457lbs

M 1100 Turbo SP LTD 162" = 255kg / 562lbs

M 800 HCR 153" = 213kg / 470lbs

M 800 SP 153" = 215kg / 474lbs

M 800 153" = 216kg / 476lbs

More Cat photos are up on the admdq facebook page. Thesse sleds were without any doubt crazy incredible to ride. If Cat can successfully bring these improments to mass production they will have a winner. The Cat is Back.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-des-Motoneigistes-du-Qu%C3%A9bec/106636226638#!/pages/Association-des-Motoneigistes-du-Qu%C3%A9bec/106636226638?v=photos

Crashing is never a good idea. I've seen SDs take an easy roll and end up with airbox pieces inside the motor for a $2,000+ repair. Lightweight equals vulnerability to forces outside the design criteria. I don't think that anything I rode would take kindly to ramming the A arm into something hard.

I am under the impression that a US purchased sled is not covered by warranty in Canada. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I still believe that if you ride Canada a Ski Doo is the sled to have, plenty of parts...

Last week one guy with us blew a chain & it went thru the chaincase, 19 hours later he was running again. He purchased a used chaincase but it is a non wear part...

I agree with Mike the new Cats have me thinking...

The warranty for sleds purchased in the US with respect to coverage in Canada is I believe the same for all brands: NO COVERAGE. BRP is the exception which has coverage within North America.

So beware, even the extended policies offered by some manufacturers don't cover outside the US which in my opinion IS RIDICULOUS considering the amount of technology (things can go really wrong) and the prices we pay for these things.

Crashing is never a good idea. I've seen SDs take an easy roll and end up with airbox pieces inside the motor for a $2,000+ repair. Lightweight equals vulnerability to forces outside the design criteria. I don't think that anything I rode would take kindly to ramming the A arm into something hard.

Gotta ask: What are you riding now Greg and what have you owned over the years?

The warranty for sleds purchased in the US with respect to coverage in Canada is I believe the same for all brands: NO COVERAGE. BRP is the exception which has coverage within North America.

So beware, even the extended policies offered by some manufacturers don't cover outside the US which in my opinion IS RIDICULOUS considering the amount of technology (things can go really wrong) and the prices we pay for these things.

I believe my Polaris is covered in Canada.But if you are Canadian and buy a sled in the US and bring it back to Canada the warranty is void.