La Cache Closed!!

smclelan

I was by La Cache a couple weekends ago and it appeared to be closed. There were ropes across the driveway and no signs of life. Has anyone heard any thing? I know it has been for sale for almost two years. No gas there would virtually close the 595.

Would you be refering to the Fairibault?

hi trailblazer!!

i'm talking about the logging camp about 5/6 miles from la cache.just next to the bridge over the cascapedia river .

faribault is roughly 30/32 miles from la cache ......tlr...truck logging road

groomer !!!

Do they sell gas?

Steven

Thad and I got gas at that logging camp two winters ago, in late March. They were happy to sell gas. Didn't have the occassion to stop there last winter. As Jean-Guy says, if they are logging this winter gas should not be a problem.

timbo

Steven

Thad and I got gas at that logging camp two winters ago, in late March. They were happy to sell gas. Didn't have the occassion to stop there last winter. As Jean-Guy says, if they are logging this winter gas should not be a problem.

timbo

Good to know you have purchased gas there before!

Thanks Tim

hi trailblazer!!

i'm talking about the logging camp about 5/6 miles from la cache.just next to the bridge over the cascapedia river .

faribault is roughly 30/32 miles from la cache ......tlr...truck logging road

groomer !!!

Thanks for clearing that up JG.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a good time to think of all the little business owners on the trails that sometimes we complain about prices but if we don't stop to support them, they will be forced out of business.

We have places like this in Ontario and one trail in particular from Sault Ste Marie to Wawa on the 'D' trail along Lake Superiour...the half way house with fuel and food...closed. It has closed the trail. Poor Sudbury Ontario had 2 years very little snow and then last year they got snow but there was snow in the southern part of Ontario for a change so lots of people didn't bother to go so far north and that is putting huge strain on the lodges, restaurants and gas bars. Last year at the end of a long day, we found one of our stops closed!

So the moral to my rambling...is think of these people that make the trails happen. We need them, they need us.

Lindasledgirl

This is a good time to think of all the little business owners on the trails that sometimes we complain about prices but if we don't stop to support them, they will be forced out of business.

We have places like this in Ontario and one trail in particular from Sault Ste Marie to Wawa on the 'D' trail along Lake Superiour...the half way house with fuel and food...closed. It has closed the trail. Poor Sudbury Ontario had 2 years very little snow and then last year they got snow but there was snow in the southern part of Ontario for a change so lots of people didn't bother to go so far north and that is putting huge strain on the lodges, restaurants and gas bars. Last year at the end of a long day, we found one of our stops closed!

So the moral to my rambling...is think of these people that make the trails happen. We need them, they need us.

Lindasledgirl

you re right !!

back in sept ,i stopped there with smclelan.guy needed to sell because of sickness.he did nt look in great shape to me!!

according to him ,he was supposed to sell his business in november.looks like it did nt work.

fyi,la cache is 75 miles east from town.

groomer !!!

you re right !!

back in sept ,i stopped there with smclelan.guy needed to sell because of sickness.he did nt look in great shape to me!!

according to him ,he was supposed to sell his business in november.looks like it did nt work.

fyi,la cache is 75 miles east from town.

groomer !!!

Anyone know how much it's for sale for? I'm ready for a change!

Thanks groomer, I found Le Goeland for sale in Lac Eduard, but the price is way to steep!

l have a friend in town(girl) she worked for that guy (owner of la cache )at the hotel in new richmond.she might have friends there who knows about the $$$!!!

groomer !!!

I am too!! Just think, we could buy it and sell Gas and trail snacks and make all the snowmobilers and the Groomer happy! Don't worry what the asking price is, lets just make an offer!

:drinks:

Somehow I cannot see Lynn living at La Cache...How far to the nearest mall or restaurant??? :lol:

Somehow I cannot see Lynn living at La Cache...How far to the nearest mall or restaurant??? :lol:

I lucked out, she's not a shopper, besides she would be to busy cooking and splitting wood! I think 280k is a bit much for the location and what you get. Le Goeland on the other hand is nice, but a mill more!

La Cache is in a great location, but needs some $$ to make it work IMO. It needs some tent/camper set ups, 4-6 nice cabins and the resturant/kitchen upgraded. It is an ideal location for moose hunting, salmon fishing, hiking, ATVs, snowmobiling, plus only 10 miles from the Gaspesie National park.

La Cache is in a great location, but needs some $$ to make it work IMO. It needs some tent/camper set ups, 4-6 nice cabins and the resturant/kitchen upgraded. It is an ideal location for moose hunting, salmon fishing, hiking, ATVs, snowmobiling, plus only 10 miles from the Gaspesie National park.

When I said location I meant scenic, compared to the rest of the views you see riding. I don't know how much business they do in the other 3 seasons, but at $280k plus all those improvements, upgrades and new cabins, it's a bit risky in this economy.