Quebec Rider Winter Gathering 2012

Andyman

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ray !!

post 486 ,pic 11 ,back in the old days i used to race mx bike in that field on the left side of the river !!between 77 and 81-82

back then, we had mx races in the gaspesie ,nothing big !!

chandler,new richmond, m s p ,ste des monts ,matane and at home !!

jean-guy

Another Update on LongHair's Sled.

Took the broken pieces to the dealer with a theory and this is the conclusion:

Copied from Dootalk.com

Hey,

This is not another "I Siezed My Sled" because my Fuel Pump Failed , Warning.

Last Season (2010-11) my brothers 09 800r began to use more and more fuel. We checked lines, Raves, Solenoids, Jetting, etc....

10 MPG on a good day.

As spring approached and the sled was moved into the Carport for further examination, it would puke fuel onto the ground, every couple days. Weird.

No constant leak or drip.

Did a conpression test and found the MAG side was 105 at best, the otherside was 135+.

Aha! Pulled the jugs and found a worn looking piston, but the rings were good and free, no major damage.

Honed the bore and used some MCB dual ring pistons.

This still did not explain the Puking Fuel......

Checked Lines and clamps, Thinking a loose one was releasing the fuel when pressure in the tank built up.

Nope.

After watching and padding areas a leak was discovered in a release valve in the pump. If a Large Man blew into the tank cap real hard it would spray out this valve.

Took apart the pump and found a real small tear in a diaphram.

Replaced the pump and Shazzaaam! No Leak, Sled always started and ran good.

Here is the Warning:

If your pump is leaking into the crankcase, do not start your sled.

After working with my dealer, it was determined that the engine had hydo-locked, either under the piston or over, from the excess fuel, this Tweeked the Rod, either compressing/twisting it or stretching and cracking it. Micro Fractures formed in the rod.

Sled ran fine, but was already on the way to a "better place".

200-300 miles later you can see the Damage it Caused.

http://www.dootalk.c...1

Hope this helps someone.

I now need a Block, Cylinders, Crank, etc... even bolts in the crankcase are twisted.

Later

GutZ

Hi Gutz ,

Hang in there !!!! 1200 4-tec. lol

CrazySnow !!!!!!

Ditto...was at a ski-doo relais around Quebec on my trip last weekend and we were all standing around talking about how snowmobiles have changed alot over the years after a 4 stroke Arctic Cat strolled though the parking lot sounding like an atv. For fun we counted the sleds there and i don't excactly remember how many there were but i do remember there were more than 20 sleds there, and you know what, and i do remember this very vividly, there were only 2 2stroke sleds there. This was a big eye opener for all of us, sleds are changing and riders are following. It's a fact guys....4 strokes are in and here to stay. Now that the technology is here it's only going to get better.

Ditto...was at a ski-doo relais around Quebec on my trip last weekend and we were all standing around talking about how snowmobiles have changed alot over the years after a 4 stroke Arctic Cat strolled though the parking lot sounding like an atv. For fun we counted the sleds there and i don't excactly remember how many there were but i do remember there were more than 20 sleds there, and you know what, and i do remember this very vividly, there were only 2 2stroke sleds there. This was a big eye opener for all of us, sleds are changing and riders are following. It's a fact guys....4 strokes are in and here to stay. Now that the technology is here it's only going to get better.

I agree, they will get lighter, more MPG, and be very reliable.

No Smoke, No Smell, no hunting for etec oil, just gas and go and go and go.....

The countdown to going up to LSJ/HS has started!! I'm packing my snowsuit first this time, LOL!!

GutZ

• 1 month later...

My Buddy !!!!!! drinks.gif

What a great time Hanging with you Jean Guy drinks.gif

CrazySnow !!!!!!

ha!!ha!!ha!!

thanks john !!

just woke up to groom tq 5 !!should start before 1 am !!

hi to eddie + dave !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Jean-Guy

This pic is where the local trail from Carleton crosses the TLR west of La Cache just an awesome trail. Lisa and I will be passing by on Wednesday on our way to Matane to catch the ferry on our way to the Big Land for Cains Quest!!! Can't wait.

Andy

post-14-0-97430100-1331377238_thumb.jpg

Hi Jean-Guy

This pic is where the local trail from Carleton crosses the TLR west of La Cache just an awesome trail. Lisa and I will be passing by on Wednesday on our way to Matane to catch the ferry on our way to the Big Land for Cains Quest!!! Can't wait.

Andy

hi andy !!

thanks for the pic !!just back from grooming !!i recognize the scenery in the back ground !!they call that place '' the square forks '',must be the 90 or 92 km on the tlr.about 1 hrs 15 m from home.

awesome day here for riding !!have a nice trip up there !!i don t know the guy,but he s the brother of a friend(girl) of mine.he went from fermont up to shefferville by sled about 2 weeks ago!!

thanks again !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Jean-Guy

Andy

Hi Andy

We ran into a guy on the ferry in Jan who was brought up in Goose Bay but now lives in Moncton. He told 182Ray and I that it is a 14 hour drive from Lab City to Baie Comeau. He was returning from goose Bay. If you see Team #22, Rob Gardner, Early Rider or Team #11, Bob Stadler, Bobler, tell them I said hello and I wish them good luck.

Bill

Hi Andy

We ran into a guy on the ferry in Jan who was brought up in Goose Bay but now lives in Moncton. He told 182Ray and I that it is a 14 hour drive from Lab City to Baie Comeau. He was returning from goose Bay. If you see Team #22, Rob Gardner, Early Rider or Team #11, Bob Stadler, Bobler, tell them I said hello and I wish them good luck.

Bill

I will do that Bill!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I made it to see Groomer as promised! I am driving home with a ton of pictures and a heavy heart. How will i wait till next winter? Well i wont! In the meantme i will post pictures over the next couple of dsys

A few Little problems getting to the Gathering crazysnow!!!!!!

Yeah!!! we should've stuck to the 3 like everyone else did instead of heading for the hills OH well!!!! Gaspe...Blowing an engine...Snowstorm...getting stuck...running into fences...water skipping, was fun getting to the gathering.

Snowmobiling is always an adventure!

JG

Yeah!!! we should've stuck to the 3 like everyone else did instead of heading for the hills OH well!!!! Gaspe...Blowing an engine...Snowstorm...getting stuck...running into fences...water skipping, was fun getting to the gathering.

Snowmobiling is always an adventure!

JG

That was just the first day, then it really got good!

GutZ

sad day for me today

putting the sleds to bed for the summer man i hate this time of the year :(

allreddy thinking about next years gathering :good:

have a great summer everyone

coldsmoke

Just post lots of pictures to get us thur the year :drinks: I know Groomer will !!!!!

CrazySnow

I know I was a month late...but I still made it! Had my own 'Gathering' with Jean-Guy as I was unable to attend. Trails were spectacular!! A little melting was happening at the end of my trip and the snow was starting to melt too lol.

Thanks so much for taking such good care of me! A trip I will never forget.

Linda