Mont Valin

mrterceira

IF you are adventurous, Mid-November.

Info: http://www.caribouconscrits.com/

GutZ

thanks for the info what do you mean exactly by adventurous. What place do you recommend staying? anything right on trail? We've never been down that deep into Quebec and looking foward to the experience.

Edited by mrterceira

In November it can be schetchy as to coverage in the mountains, once up there you may have to trailer a little deeper into the Mountains to start riding. Everytime I've tried to do it in Nov. I ran into issues. One year the New SUV's engine popped, the next it Rained the week before in the mountains.

If you are looking for a nice trip that will give you access to all types of riding (Starting in January), I would stay at the Holiday Inn, they are an advertiser and a VERY GOOD place to base out of.

-One day in Mt Valin

-Next go around the Lake

-Another to the Ferry and up through the Mtns.

-etc...

When do plan to go and how much time are you going to be there.

Later

GutZ

Mt Valin would the best choice for early riding.

What Level of comfort are you looking for?

-ScoobyRaid

-Onatchaway

-KM31

All are in the mountains, depending on snow, you could ride from each of them early in the season (Late Nov, Early Dec)

Call each of them in the begining of Nov.

Then follow up as the date approaches.

Later

GutZ

Early riding for most people around Mont Valin is about 100 miles of groomed trails which are extremely beat up, especially weekends, but it's still better than sitting home with a bare lawn. But if you really want to enjoy early riding you have to get off the groomed trails. But then you face obsticals such as open water, rocks, and fairly deep powder with no base...and that's if you know where you're going...

do we need to book a place in advance to stay or is there usually lots of availability. Thanks guys for all the info....... :drinks:

If I are close to the area I would learn how to do early trips. Personally I wait till late season, last year we went to Gaspe in end of March, there was no one there, and the trails were mint, we had the whole place to ourselves. I can't understand spending a ton of money to ride circles on beat up trails when late season riding is the best and you are alone. I guess to each their own...I did 4 Quebec trips last year and logged 4,380 miles, none were earlier than second week of January. It is real nice when the lakes & rivers are frozen enough to be safe.

Totally agree with Phil. I am 3 hrs from Mt Valin. The early riding is just how Scorpionbowl says. Have been there done that. I can understand wanting to ride really bad but for me, personally I prefer the late season runs. Early is sketchy and not the trail condition that you expect from Quebec.

Edited by iceman

If I are close to the area I would learn how to do early trips. Personally I wait till late season, last year we went to Gaspe in end of March, there was no one there, and the trails were mint, we had the whole place to ourselves. I can't understand spending a ton of money to ride circles on beat up trails when late season riding is the best and you are alone. I guess to each their own...I did 4 Quebec trips last year and logged 4,380 miles, none were earlier than second week of January. It is real nice when the lakes & rivers are frozen enough to be safe.

i agree 100%:good: :good:

Totally agree with Phil. I am 3 hrs from Mt Valin. The early riding is just how Scorpionbowl says. Have been there done that. I can understand wanting to ride really bad but for me, personally I prefer the late season runs. Early is sketchy and not the trail condition that you expect from Quebec.

That's OK, you boys stay home on your couch and let me know how you feel when I post a pic like this one from Nov 23...lol

Same here. Best trips have always been in March. Could remember only once riding Mt.Valin around turkey day and had a good time.

Nice pic of my 2007 black/yellow Renegade Scorp! Here's one of your black 2006 sled from the same trip:

And another, and the last pic from December a few weeks later. It was amazing how we were the first ones to ride those trails in weeks, noone had been on many of those trails since the thanksgiving week!

post-478-0-37350100-1316823547_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-24775400-1316823640_thumb.jpg

post-478-0-65211700-1316823647_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Last Dec 10th me and 3 friends went to Mt Valins and stayed at Passions at the ski area (Valinouet). The conditions were great! We rode to Km31, The Chappelle and there was 12+ inches of freshly fallen snow all the way to Onatchiway!! Then on tuesday, our 4th day, pouring rain ended our trip but it was still worth every penny to me!

Hi everyone

Were planning a trip to Mont Valin this season just wondering when it usually opens up more less I know its all up to mother nature and all put it would be nice to start planning a head any info would be great thanks.

sent you a message>>> we are AMP PSDA members, We are planning a trip in November and have many years experience with November runs to Monts-Valins> :)